Kez

LOL i guess not looking at your locations
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Cough...im in mississippi Lol
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

I originated near Mississippi... but I'm about 3000 miles away, to the west, nowadays.

Got the rope, LR. Lots and lots of it. Enough to reach Perth, if you want some, Kez...
Old 09-21-2009, 03:11 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Kez

yes please!!!! i need some right now am just trying to stay focused so i dont have a drink......
Old 09-21-2009, 03:13 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Have some rope... *hands Kez some rope all the way across this big ol' Pacific Ocean and the continent of Australia*

thirtybubba has some rope tossing skills...

don't drink, Kez... ain't worth it, I'm sure you know by now...
Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

& don't mean to intrude, but what else you doing besides drinking? it helps if you got something else to think about too... actually, i've found, the *more* things you have to think about, the easier it is...

anything'll do...
Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I ran away to cali when i was 15... didnt work out to well... just another of my brilliant ideas. Yea.. you see what ive been doing for 2 days i havent signed outta this site yet and it has kept me focused. you can do-eeet.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:18 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hi would like to re-join the September group if ok?
Am back on day1 and really feeling it too. Anyway hope your all doing ok, take it easy.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:20 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Kez

yep,, ive got a uni assign im trying to do,,, but am not really doing it im just reading everything on here,, its keeping me busy listening to you guys..........

thanks for that rope TB its helping
Old 09-21-2009, 03:20 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

<3 fletch, Welcome back.
As they say pick yourself up and start again.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:42 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Well It is time for work and my first day to leave the house with 'sobriety' in mind. Long day on the way. Wish me luck and i will let you guys know how it went when i get home thanx for being here for me all night .
Old 09-21-2009, 03:46 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

NP, LR.

Fletch, re-join September? I don't think you can un-join, so technically you're still in anyhow. Not that I see a problem with you re-joining either.

Kez, wha'cha taking? I'm in 'uni' too (or however you say that...), not doing anything productive though, not tonight at least.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Kez

im studying environmental science in my final year,,, i have an assign due next mon but also a prac week on campus which i have to prepare for for monday as well, so im running out of time,, but i cant concentrate,,,,isnt it funny how my hubby gets home and i say its really hard not to have adrink and he goes na its ok,, its ok if we dont a drink for a few days,, i said are you kidding a few days? I cant ever drink again,,,,,,,,,,, and like weve had this convo for i dont know how long....... is he just thick or doesnt he wanna get it!!!!!

but yeah uni is great, real hard but great i cant believe i might actually have a degree while be drunk most of the time.....
Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Kez

TB what are you studying??? and how are you going with it?
Old 09-21-2009, 03:55 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

You're not the only one surprised how easy it is to be drunk & educated.

I'm a senior too (last year, whatever) and I didn't even try to get sober most of it. And I don't have bad grades, to say the least.

Don't worry about how your hubby doesn't understand... just love him and understand that he might never understand. Addiction is hard to see from the outside, from everything I can gather here... Kinda like how from the inside, it's hard to see how 'a couple beers is all' is a viable goal for a weekend.

Political science/ behavioral science. How am I going with it? DK what that means, but I'm doing quite well... working on grad school apps. Ugh.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:01 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Kez

well thats good,, yeah crazy isnt,,, being a drunk graduate.... well no i actually dont want to be drunk anymore..... and I to am apply for gaduate positions....

well good luck to you

Old 09-21-2009, 04:15 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Ditto.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Well a small milestone for me, I have two weeks.

I was lying in bed last night and reflecting. The same question just kept popping into my head. How the hell is this my life? I remember the first drink I ever had and the last, the ugliness of all that was in between over 20 some years is why im here and why I choose sobriety for the next half of my life.

Thank you God for another hangover free morning
Old 09-21-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carrie36 View Post
Well a small milestone for me, I have two weeks.
'Small'? I've done 2 weeks 3 times in my life... and the first time was the first 9 years of my life.

Congratulations, truly.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Day 0 or Day 1 - I'm not sure but this is it. It's quit day, and a work from home day. I work from home all the time. The closest meetings to my house are at least an hour away, so I am going to try to attend an online meeting around my work schedule.

TB - It's actually nice to know you are a woman too. Reading the big book yesterday was like - really antiquated in terms of this being a male problem. I probably should have read version 4 but it wasn't available in kindle format and I needed it pronto.

Really, really, really y'all that can't sleep - find melatonin in the vitamin aisle. I know you don't want to put anymore crap in your body, but it is something your body makes itself in a gland in the lower part of your brain. As you age, it makes less and less of it which is why really old people can't sleep. We used it in trials for military pilots to help with circadian rhythm problems as they changed time zones across the world and it is super safe. It can cause you to have some very odd dreams, but if you take it 30 min before bed it does work. I'm a lightweight and need about 600mcg, but my sister in law takes 3mg without problems. At least try it. Sleep deprivation isn't going to help anything.

Course that's easy for me to say on Day 0 or whatever, but it has worked in the past when I stopped drinking for short periods of time.

Wish me luck.