Notices

September Sobriety Group

Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

(((Hugs))) to you Cath! I'm sorry you're having an emotional day. I hope you can reach out to someone, chat on the phone, go for a walk, or treat yourself to a little special pick-me-up...maybe a fancy coffee or a pedicure?

Hang in there and stick with us!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hi all, I know I'm a little late to the party (alcohol free of course ) but I just noticed this thread...not sure how I missed it. Hope you don't mind me joining in. I am on day 10 and feeling pretty good. Actually today is probably the best I have felt yet...have been really bagged this week and still not sleeping very well. So far I am doing this on my own but am thinking about maybe going to an AA meeting as there are a lot of them close to me...might be fun to meet others face to face who are going through and understand trying to live sober. Anyway, glad I found this thread, it looks like a really cool place to hang out with others who are at around the same level of sober days as I am. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Welcome to the party Primal! Glad you found us. And congrats on your 10 days. Most of us are right about there too & can totally relate to how you are feeling physically and mentally. If you aren't already doing this, what's working for me so far is LOTS of water, acaii juice (super-nutritious and highest antioxidant out there), B-12 and milk thistle. I can't encourage you enough to try a few different AA meetings. It completely amazes me how different it is than what I thought. Never have I seen such REAL people. You'll be amazed by how supportive those folks can be.

Glad you made it to a meeting yesterday Cath. And ditto what Renee said. (((HUGS)))
Old 09-19-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

It's probably going to be 3+ weeks before I can get my phone back.

Another problem, not sure I will be able to afford the gas to get to meetings during that time. I am totally broke, not even sure I can afford food, although maybe I can get to a food pantry. It just is getting me way down. I know it will be all right after that, just worried about how much more down I will get.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Cath .. This is a test its only a test ( trying to sound like that silly thing on TV) .Anyways Im sorry things are ruff for you , and fact is life will always toss you a curb now and then , its keeps us on our toes diff is , your clean/sober right now and perhaps dealed with this sorta same thing but under influnce
When I was apx lil over a yr sober , I worked a seasonal job thought I was a shoe to keep in they the winter months didnt happen was to slow , anyways you know how you get unemployment , well its based on past empoyment what you paid it .. I didnt pay much in is what im getting at here , I got $77.00 a week my rent alone was 375 do the math . I did get food stamps but that was the only thing I got , I was behind 3 months on all my utilitys and not to mention I have fines that HAD to be paid each month .
SOme how some way , still to this day I really cant explain how .. But I came thu it , things started changing and lil buy lil I was able to get my head outta the fog and breath a lil bit easier . One thing I did find helpful thu all that hog wash , was not to think of what I didnt have , BUT to think of what I did have , it wasnt much but what lil bit there was I was humbled and greatful for it , Theres soooo many ppl out there in the world that had wayyyyy less then I did . I know its not easy , Pick up that phone book and call every agency there is , Salvation Army , churches , food banks , social services can help you with things i recall you said you cant get food assistence , but you have a child , they will help you with food vouchers at the food bank . just keep calling ( use the neighbors phone ) as for makin meetings If you call some #'s from ppl from the meetings they will be more then happy to help you to get there . I pray you find patience in all this , It will and does get better just gotta have a lil faith in somthing what ever it is that you choose to beleive in .. ~ huggles Endzy ~
Old 09-19-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome, Primal!

Cath - I second what endzoner has said. Also, you could try your local county - in our county they do a lot of human services work.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Welcome Primal - looks like we both quit on the same day. Keep it up - I plan on rocking on harder and better than ever without the alcohol, I'm sure you will too. Who needs those $12 Martinis, anyway?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome guys, and UniversesChild I'll try some of those things you mentioned. I usually eat really healthy but I found since I quit everything (booze, weed, smokes) at the same time I have been eating all kinds of crap that I don't usually eat just for comfort...I will soon start eating healthier now that I am feeling better and the cravings are subsiding.

endzoner that was very inspiring post you made about how you made it through those hard times...makes me feel like what I am going through is really nothing...very cool!

Rock on JeffreySandman...I don't know if you actually play an instrument but I find I am always much better at playing guitar when I am not drinking or stoned...looking forward to it.

I had a great day, went to the beach with a friend and we read books. She had a glass of wine but it didn't bother me in the least...I really really am not into booze right now. I have no desire to drink at this time. Gonna go watch a movie called goodbye solo...supposed to be very inspiring. Have a great evening all.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

This is were i belong first day of sobriety the 19th of September. Soo glad i found this site. I have been logged in all day reading peoples stories and i just want yall to know, your very inspiring.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Welcome Ranger and congrats on the decision to stop!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome lonelyranger

Just a quiet night here. Spending a lot of time driving teenagers around. Had a hockey game earlier in the day, then picked up my son's girlfriend. They were here for a while then went to a corn maze. Now there's at a neighbor's bonfire, and I'm going to go and get them soon to take her home.

It's their first year of high school -- ah, I remember those days.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the new guys
All you musos - trust me playing sober - especially live - is scary but brilliant

I've been in your position Cath - it sucks - but theres some great suggestions here...lean on us anyway - we manage somehow right?

D
Old 09-19-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hey y'all.

Can I join y'all's September group? Not proud of it, but um, well...

I'm not real good at this, but I am getting better.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Cath,

I went through similar things to what you're going through for the last 3-4 years. It gets bad, and the worst (as I see it) is you get used to it. Best thing I can suggest is, try not to think on it too much--and I know how hard/impossible that sounds. It's just not worth it in the end. The pain happens any which way... Why add to it.

I have learned that it does end.

Take care.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Day 17 today.

My sponsor invited me over for dinner and to work, for which I am grateful. She is a wonderful lady, so loving and kind. We are supposed to go to a really good step meeting afterwards. So at least it's something good. Still feeling lonely without my support system and my daughter. I know they will be back someday, but really it's hard.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Welcome Primal Scream, Lonelyranger, and thirtybubba to the group. We are getting larger Today is 2 weeks. For that I am truly grateful. I'm glad you guys are here. It gives me somewhere to go daily to check in and to get to know people. I have my ftf meetings but I like this too.
Cath, sounds like you have a good sponsor. Good plan in place for today. I hope things start to turn around for you. Just don't pick up a drink. Glad you are here.
Hope everyone has a good sober day today.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Hey Bubba.. glad you found us .. your gonna like it here.. lots of support and wonderful advise ..we all have been where you are and I for one can say it does and will get so much better .. cya in the rooms hun ~ huggles Endzy~
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Day zero again. I made a complete ass of myself yesterday and I feel like ca-ca this morning. This is insanity. My wife gave me a well deserved earful this morning. I want to crawl under a rock. I am not going to drink today.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi TB. I'm in this one too - you can hang here with us. (((TB)))

(((recycle))) Pick yourself up and try again.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Today is day two for me and its worse than day one ....
Woke up with the taste of alcohol in my mouth but atleast this time it wasn't from the night before..
Any one have plans for today? recycle is there room under there for two.