View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Daisywings

Day 0 or Day 1 - I'm not sure but this is it. It's quit day, and a work from home day. I work from home all the time. The closest meetings to my house are at least an hour away, so I am going to try to attend an online meeting around my work schedule.

TB - It's actually nice to know you are a woman too. Reading the big book yesterday was like - really antiquated in terms of this being a male problem. I probably should have read version 4 but it wasn't available in kindle format and I needed it pronto.

Really, really, really y'all that can't sleep - find melatonin in the vitamin aisle. I know you don't want to put anymore crap in your body, but it is something your body makes itself in a gland in the lower part of your brain. As you age, it makes less and less of it which is why really old people can't sleep. We used it in trials for military pilots to help with circadian rhythm problems as they changed time zones across the world and it is super safe. It can cause you to have some very odd dreams, but if you take it 30 min before bed it does work. I'm a lightweight and need about 600mcg, but my sister in law takes 3mg without problems. At least try it. Sleep deprivation isn't going to help anything.

Course that's easy for me to say on Day 0 or whatever, but it has worked in the past when I stopped drinking for short periods of time.

Wish me luck.