Notices

Cheese and Rice!! Please go away!

Old 05-29-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I am so glad your surgery went well, although it was complicated. I am sorry you

suffered and still are. I'll talk to you when you feeling better, Trish.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
IO Storm

P.S. Rest, rest ...and rest some more....please.

Now is not the time to worry about..anything.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

So glad to see you are back home. Sorry about the surgery turning into quite the nightmare Trish. I do hope you will take tender care of yourself friend. Still sending prayers up for you. Hugs - Sarah
Old 05-29-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Prayers for quick healing, Trish! Jomey
Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you're home! Even though I can imagine how you feel since I've had numerous abdominal surgeries, I bet your own bed feels really good right now. Even though you didn't come home the same day, everything happens for a reason. Like you said, if you did come home that day, you'd be high so God was watching over you, AGAIN!

Drink lots of fluids and eat some foods high in fiber. I'm sure you're on some pain meds and the last thing you want to do is get plugged up feeling like you have concrete inside you. A pillow became my best friend, hold it up against your incision when coughing or hopefully doing some laughing. Have someone get you a book you've been wanting to read, watch some guilty pleasure shows on tv and just sleep whenever the hell you want to. And the best part is, no one is going to wake you up to see if you want a sleeping pill! lol

As always, you're in my Prayers,
Judy
Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

I'm glad you're home and that you checked in. As for the nurse who gave you a hard time? I wish I was there to get to her!!! I may not have my license any more, but I can't stand to hear of a nurse acting out toward a patient.

Get some rest, do like Judy said..use a pillow to "splint" the incision.

I understand what you were saying about school. It's part of the reason I'm BACK in school, online. For right now, though, concentrate on healing. Maybe just keep a notebook handy, jot down ideas in it that you can check out more seriously when you are feeling better.

Love, hugs, and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Get well soon, chiy.

And about the school thing...do what you want to. You have to live your life, and I think school is a good idea. I think it's important to have positive goals...something to work towards.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thx yall.
I am feelin a little better. They say you heal better at home.
I have been able to get up and down by myself.
I just have to have a movement and I will be good to go.
I am eating homemade slidrs right now.
I cant too much tho cause of the restriction on my stomach. i feel stuffed before I even eat. LOL
Thx for all your well wishes.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, I recall you complaining that you'd gained weight. Although it's not the recommended method, it could allow you to lose a few pounds. See? Something good can come out of most anything, eh?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're home and feeling a little better!

I've had a crazy busy past few days but am checking in as I can.Be gentle with yourself won't you?

Love,

Julesxox
Old 05-29-2009, 10:56 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Chiynita wrote:
I wasnt sayin goin to school was goin to solve my addiction.
I didnt mean anything even remotely close to that.
I meant I need to make a drastic change in my lifer aside from addiction. Like get out on my own. Go to school. Do something..anything with myself. I ahve been in the same situation and doin the same ole thing for way too long.
Trish, I feel like I am swimming against the stream here (no pun intended considering my username). I didn't feel the compulsion to love bomb you when you were toying with the idea of using. In my humble opinion, when someone is thinking of picking up again or using again, I simply don't see the usefullness of flowery "I care" posts when maybe you need a practical tool instead.

I meant I need to make a drastic change in my lifer aside from addiction.
Speaking of bombs, that statement is...well, a mine field. Think about it.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

No one was 'love bombing' Trish that I could see and I'm getting really tired of the implications that go with that.

Some of us have known her a long time and have the ability to see what's needed at the time.It isn't always appropriate to be 'nice' just as it isn't always appropriate to be 'tough'. I'd like to think that those of us who know her can see the difference and respond as needed.I think I did.I think many others did too with a mixture of both kindness and some straight talking as well.

Sometimes, if you find yourself swimming against the stream?Maybe it's because you're in the wrong current?Just a thought.

Jules.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:05 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I missed this before Trish - I'm glad you're home

and thank Jules - you saved me a post - and a possible banning LOL

D
Old 05-29-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
mergirl

Ban D!! Oh wait. . . did I say that out loud?

I hate when I start feeling trapped in my life Trish. For me, the answer is always inside. I have to quiet my thinking and remember that I am a good person, and that I deserve to be happy. I believe you too are a good person honey, and you deserve to be happy. I have to remember that by changing myself and my thoughts in positive ways, I am opening the door for positive experiences to come. Try some new things Trish, do some research and find a path forward that appeals to you. I am glad you are still here.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:06 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Littlefish..I can appreciate your responses. I really didnt get a feel if they were suppose to be tough or not to be honest.
I just thought you went way off into left field with a simple comment I made is all.
Anyone here will tell you I am the first to want to hear it like it is. I am by far never asking for love bombs. Where the hell did that term come from anyway? I havent seen it until lately.
I am far from the lovey type. Come real or not at all is how I always like to be.
I dont know if your trying to make a statement of your own by being the tough one here. I dont see too much of being too nice or too tough.
I see alot of people who have gone through this too many times like I have and just say it to me like it is.
No need to be disrespectful or degrading. But I dont see the sugar coating either.
I had been saying I need a huge change in my life before I relapsed. That statement had nothing to do with my relapse or my addiction.
It was just a mid life kind of thought. Nothing more..nothing less.
I know its hard to express ourselves good on here. Sometimes the littlest things just get pick up and ran with. When they really didnt even have much to do with anything to begin with.
Thanks again for all of your replies.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:55 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Very gracious response Trish! I am proud of this..glad you are on the mend.

Littlefish..

When someone is in the hospital, after having a grueling and complicated surgery..

is medicated..and reaching out in the best way they can on SR...with what they

have to give at that moment, it is not appropo to preach.

And if I never hear the term "love bomb" again it will be too soon.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:29 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Very well said IO :ghug3 I am so glad to hear the surgery is over and you are recovering Chiy, take it easy and come back strong :ghug3
Old 05-30-2009, 03:05 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thx everyone. But in all fairness. I do get it. I mean how long have I been at this now?
I try to look at all aspects of my life sometimes. Not just addiction. I would go crazy if all I did was focus on my addiciton.
I need to change in alot of other ways or being clean isnt goin to mean much.
I believe I can get and stay clean. I think what my problem is. That I dont do much else. You know what I mean?
It doesnt have to be programs and meetings. Like SQ said before..A job I like, helping others, something that makes me feel like I have a purpose and meaning.
It does make a difference when you feel useful. And not just fighting tooth and nail everyday only to stay clean.
I am goin to prove myself soon.
Anyone can say or think what they want here or anywhere. But I just know that the time is coming where this has to end. Where I will find meaning in my life other than just not getting high for today.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

trish, why not do it the easy way for a change...

fix the addiction first,

then the rest does come...

xxooxxoo
Old 05-30-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

Even though you just recently used, I still see progress. Used to be, you would be gone for weeks, come back, all upset because you didn't have a clue what happened.

I see you thinking things through, and though you haven't got the "staying clean" part down yet, you're getting there. I do agree with you..we've got to have more in our lives than just working a job that is okay but not great, and staying clean.

People will say recovery has to be the most important thing, and it is, for me, but that doesn't mean I sit around and focus on it 24/7. Hell, most of the time I'm not even thinking about it...I'm just living it.

Despite having a nursing degree, I'm not sure about getting back into that field, so I'm back in school. I needed something to challenge me, make me think. It's not expensive AND will open a lot of doors when I complete the course. I don't want to wait tables the rest of my life. I've recommended school to you before, but I know it's got to be your decision.

Use this recuperation time to check out some stuff that interests you. It took me what seemed like forever to settle on the course I'm taking.

Keep on keepin' on, sweetie. When you realize how smart you really are, and put those brains to work for something good for you, there will be no stopping you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy