Notices

90 Days and Under Club

Old 07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

British birds eh?
Reckon I'm gannet...gimme,gimme,gimme's been my modus operandi for too many yrs. Nearly 28 days now (again). Found this site yesterday and hope it'll be a boon for the rest of my sober life. I do finally feel the field research is over. Some of the folk I've met here have been truly inspirational,give yourselves a clap on't back
Old 07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Welcome Jig

Hope your here for a long time and a good time
Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi FW!
81 days for me too!
I am just sooo tired though.
I really just want to go home and sleep.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Welcome Jig of life!!! Congrats on 28 days!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

" C "

It was "computer" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See not hard was it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over
Old 07-28-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 80

And it is a Mother F**ker of all days.

Had job interview this morning. Went great. Want me to come back this afternoon for a second interview with the director!

Got home and had a message from my Mom that my 15 year old stole 60.00 from her ATM. Said he needed it to buy pot. I feel so guilty. He is seeing his therapist tomorrow about it. And I asked him to come to my meeting tonight which was a big NO.

A fight with my roommates. I really want her to move out. She is young and wants to party, and brings strange people in my place. She told me she would tell the landlord that she is here. I told her he would raise the rent, and if he did, any thing over what I am paying now would be HER responsibility. That shut her up. I needed her to be here while I was out of a job. But if I get this job I won't need her rent money. I was nice to her, but firm. I said we are at different times in our lives right now. I don't want people in and out.

This is what I get for "Drunk renting" as my sister called it. I posted an ad, interviewed people, and let these two girls move in all while on a major relapse/bender. Very sick of me. The worst One has moved out thank goodness...and she was the worst of the two.

I was just about to call my sponsor, and the phone rang. She was calling me to tell me she was going home from work sick, but to still go to the meeting. I diffinatly am. I NEED my meeting.

Thought a friend was not talking to me. But luckily that was not the case. Just doing something else for a couple days, so we're good.

The roommate called back and said she felt bad how things had ended when we first talked. And we are going to talk more.

My stomach is in knots over all this. Interviews, son, roommate... I just drank some tea to try and calm down.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

LogCabin I am thinking of you... Stay strong and things will turn out all right...

Fizzy my turn.... I spy something that begins with a "D". Now lets see how th Scotish get down
Old 07-28-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

LC also congrats on Day 80
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Thanks CM...what a day 80 it was. Thanks for listening to be. I tried to talk to a Dad who goes to my meeting tonight, and our sons are friends.

In a nutshell he told me..what did I expect. I rented his room out. He moved in with my Mom when I started drinking.

I certainly take some of the blame, but not all of it. Luckily my son and I talk a lot. And he knows that both his parents are addicts/alcoholics.

But still...that was a slap in the face.

:ghug3 I need a hug.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

******{Log Cabin}}}} hugs to you. Sounds like a bruiser of a day. But you are doing great!

Good luck with job interview. I think I will be doing the same soon. Scares the pants off me!

Love,

Lenina
Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Thanks Lenina!

I'm feeling better already. Just about ready for bed. Thank goodness for a cup of nice reaxing tea. I have been able to talk with my son today about all that happened. As soon as I can get the roommate out...he can move back in. And I really want him here to be able to help him get through this.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:23 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Wow, 81 days? You guys are awesome! I want to be you when I grow up!

So I'm beginning day 16 here. That number sounds so surreal. I had no mental obsession to drink yesterday for the first time in a very long time. I did get some anxiety though, which finally passed. I also finally got a decent night's sleep, although it was interrupted and sporadic.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Congrats sobergirl on 16 days

I am checking in on day 43! I know 81 does seem so far away. Congrats LC!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi EVERYONE! Wow this board is getting stronger everyday. I'm at 77 days today. I have had my moments let me tell you. I really have forgotten how to normally deal with crisis. Last night I had an argument with my husband and neighbor. I handled it by going to bed at 6:00 pm. Wow! I guess I still use escapism, but just in a different way. Time to grow up and fast in this big, bad world.

Congratulations to everyone here on their sobertime. Its so nice to come here and see so many people adding to their time day after day by just not drinking today.

Son starts kindergarten in just under a month and that has thrown me for more then a loop. I became pregnant, quit my job and then dedicated myself to raising him. It may not have been the smartest move because I really have to do some soul searching to find out how to fill this void, whereas before I would have filled it with a lot of wine. I guess its good I got sober now instead of later. I am actually pretty pathetic when I think of his first day of school. I never thought I would be one of THOSE moms, but guess what - I am. I think I must find a life quick.

Sorry about my ramble, but that's how I am feeling right now. Won't drink just for today. Hugs to you all
Old 07-29-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hello horselover Glad you were able to get through the argument without drinking. We will all learn to deal with life in our own way at our own pace, so if going to bed at 6 PM kept you from drinking that is ok. It will get easier (I have faith but do not know for sure LOL)...

And congrats on your son. You must be so excited that he is going off to school.. I do not have kids yet. I do not feel I can manage my life well enough so it takes a lot to be a mom...
Old 07-29-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

A real miracle here: I am getting back into writing stories, something I used to love. I've done it now two mornings in a row, and I feel great!

Day 88 here. Unless Fizzy thinks that's wrong. I might have leap-frogged a day. I'm so glad to see so many people here.

And don't forget to post on the NEWCOMERS WITH SOME SUCCESS thread. Lots of great advice on there, and we can use it from day 1ers and day 1000ers.

Keep going everyone. It's worth it!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Almost through another day!!! Tomorrow will be another great day I hope. I meet with my sponsor Thursday to go over my writing. I am really excited about that!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 81

Hi everyone!

Love reading the post finally.

The interview today went great. Taken by surprise. It was a panel interview. 4 women all in a row. There are 4 positions open. 2 permanent, and 2 temp. and 8 applicants.

So I have 50% chance of being hired, and a 24% chance of getting one of the permanent positions. But I will be happy to take the temp. It's doing the kind of work I love to do the most.

Afterwards I came home and just wanted to take a nap after being so keyed up for the past 2 days. That felt good, but then woke up in a funk.

That is lifting and the ol' me is coming back.

More bed therapy for us I guess...
Old 07-30-2008, 01:57 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Just starting Day 17 here... sleeping is becoming a little easier although I'm still waking up sporadically through the night.

I had a drinking dream last night... I'm so glad it was only a dream. I know drinking/using dreams are our brain's way of getting rid of the habit, so I'm actually grateful to have had one.

I felt almost normal yesterday... anxiety was at a minimum and energy was probably around 80%. My blood sugar seems to be out of wack, I am going to slowly cut back on my sugar intake.

I'm also beginning a vitamin regime: A B-complex, Emergen C (which has all the elctrolytes, very high concentration of C and a few others) and on the advice of my psychiatrist, Omega 3.

Staying sober seems to be getting easier gradually as the days go by... each day it is a little more "normal".

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well! It's a damn great day to be sober!
Old 07-30-2008, 04:10 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi!