Notices

90 Days and Under Club

Old 07-06-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 Days and Under Club

Hi Everyone. Looks like the old "Less Than Three Months" thread has faded away. Time to start this new one.

I've got to set the table for Horselover, Fizzy, Benji, and others. Welcome everyone!

I'm on day 63!

--NM:bounce
Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOW....I'm looking forward to the inspiration from this thread.....you guys are great! congrads to you neg!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just looking Negman, still a day in the 60 day and under thread before I'm officially here.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Day 72 here~ Isn't it great how the days add up?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is cool how the days add up. I'm going to get my 60 day chip tonight. It's really much easier with the threads like this: 2 weeks, 2 more weeks, a month, another month. It feels like we're making progress.

And we are!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi folks, this is my first post here. The site was recommended to me by a friend. I'm on day 6 and feeling very weak. I've only had one AA meeting in this time, I really should have got one today. Now I'm totally manic and climbing the walls.. anyway, that's why I'm here. Hello to you all.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
90 days at last.
Great job steamvessel!!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
Didn't even see this thread. I'll copy and paste my comments from the sober 3 months and under club:

90 days at last. What a journey it has been. I have decided that this will mark the end of counting days for me, at least publicly. I want to shift my mind set to viewing sobriety as a way of life, rather than a streak. I have set goals and achieved them, I want to now focus on the overall quality of my life and begin to heal. Thank you all for your tremendous help.
Well done, I hope I can say the same in three months. But for now, one day at a time.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Steamvessel. Congratulations! You're a real inspiration to me.

Would you do me a favor? Would you stick around on this thread for a week or so? I'm trying to herd in a few more from the 60 day and under club, and your presence here is a big draw.

I would really appreciate it. Congratulations again!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Definately helps having people around the same days as you as you work the way up Steamvessel, I've been following Negman around for the last 60 days now.

Think he's going to get a restraining order on me !!!!!!!!!

Well done on the 90 days, I'm at 60 today, reckon I might stop counting if I hit 90 as well, as I don't want to be counting days for the rest of my life !!!!!!!!!

On the other hand if it keeps me sober ...................

I'd rather keep counting days for ever than go back to the dark place I was in.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi all!
Day 60 for me!!! :bounce
I may not always counts days after 90 but I will certainly be celebrating birthdays!!!! \
Hope everyone is having a good day :ghug2
Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 100! Triple digits.

Not sure where to post anymore...

Quitting this time continues to be pretty easy. I was giving it some thought. After my numerous relapses I was always asked what I was going to do differently this time, and frankly I was always stumped. In the end the difference is all in my mind. Whether I finally got my fill or hit my own personal bottom, I don't know. I think in AA speak I finally got step 1 right, accepted that if I ingest that crap I truly am powerless over what happens. So thats what I think I am doing differently this time, really believing in what I am doing, not fighting myself, not entertaining an alternate solution.

Best of luck to everyone closing in on 3 months. It keeps getting easier!

LC
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today is day 21 for me. This is my first time in AA. I am very scared. I have a strong desire to never drink again, but I keep reading about relapse and it scares me. I am going to a good meeting Thursday night and looking for a sponsor. I have been to a few meeting but not as many as I would like as I do not have a license and I have not made a connection in AA. I rely on 2 people an ex in AA and a friend in NA to get me to meetings. I will be going to one tomorrow night and thursday. I finally feel I can relate.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

What say we knock up a door between the 60 day thread and this one Negman, save us having to keep popping back to see how our buds are doing ?

Day 61 nearly done, felt great last week, bit flat this week, guess you cant feel good all the time.

I was thinking about it today, some nights when drinking you would get the most fantastic high off a couple of drinks, other nights you could drink all night chasing that feeling and never get it ( you'd always get the sickness the next day though ).

Guess you have good days bad days sober too
Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ha ha. Fizzy is stalking me through the threads. That's okay. It's a healthy stalking.

Congratulations Last Call. You are very welcome to stay here, and I hope you will!

and welcome TTOSBT. Congratulations to you too.

Cmcali and Dave from Ireland. Keep coming back. It's not the easiest journey, but it's a simple one: Don't pick up a drink. Share your story. Get to AA if you can/like and work the steps.

I'm really proud of everyone!

-- NM
Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I agree with Fizzy - only because I was on the 60 and under a couple times and didn't see many people there. (maybe they were hiding from me......hate when that happens)
and I eventually have to stop hounding my buddies on the 2 week and under.........(now that I have over 30 days)
so I'll just stay here.

maybe that should have been a question...........

can I just stay here please????
Old 07-09-2008, 03:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
What say we knock up a door between the 60 day thread and this one Negman, save us having to keep popping back to see how our buds are doing ?

Day 61 nearly done, felt great last week, bit flat this week, guess you cant feel good all the time.

I was thinking about it today, some nights when drinking you would get the most fantastic high off a couple of drinks, other nights you could drink all night chasing that feeling and never get it ( you'd always get the sickness the next day though ).

Guess you have good days bad days sober too

That is so true! Some days I could not attain that buzz no matter how much I drank. If I was drinking beer, I'd be so bloated and full and yet I would pound and pound them looking for a feeling that wasn't happening!

Today is day 75, Friends! I can do this! I can stay sober today! Just stay the hell away from my coffee though!!!

Liberty~
Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Of course, Klynn. You're welcome here any and every time!

I've been puzzling over this every since Fizzy posted: On the one hand, we want to remain in contact with everyone on 2week, 30 days, 60 days and under... And on the other hand, we want to keep the feeling that we are making progress. We want to feel like we are opening new doors.

I don't know what the solution is. I'd expect just keeping all the forums open to everyone (how would we police it if we wanted to anyways, right? ) and people can choose their threads to post on.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd like to hear them. My puzzling has gotten me no where, and my higher power is having a chuckle at my expense!

-- NM
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Morning all!
I am grumpy today! Have a headache and got not in a good space BUT I am sober and as long as I don't pick up no matter f*#king what, I will be ok!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 23 for me. I am feeling really good today. Went to a meeting last night. Still have not met anyone or felt a connection. I am having my mother take me to an AA meeting tonight and going to a meeting tomorrow night as well. I need to take the step and stick my hand out to at least one person everytime instead of running in and running out...