Notices

90 Days and Under Club

Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks Horselover! :ghug
Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

TTOSBT Congrats on day 85!!! That is so awesome. It is great you have such supportive people in your life. I have that too and feel so grateful for it

Sobergirl - Thanks so much for the kind words... It really feels good to have this thread to support eachother. I love to stop here when things are crazy and it brings me back out of my head... Congrats on day 19

Horselover - I have quite a few days before I get to be in the 6 month and under, but there is no way you guys are leaving me behind so I will be posting on both so noone forgets me (is that selfish LOL)
Old 08-01-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 84

Happy 90 Negative Man! That's so freakin positive!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

No interviews...one guy called today for a great job, but I needed a car to get there. We may try to work something out.

Tomorrow is a big day for me..helping my eldest move into her first apartment. WOW!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Cmhcali, nope, not selfish and we woulld not have it any other way. :ghug2

I just came back from my sponsors, working steps and I feel so very blessed that my HP put her in my life. She has such great recovery and I am learning so much from her!
Old 08-02-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Made it to 20 days here! Wow! I am in shock.

Yesterday proved to be one of the most difficult days yet. The mental obsession didn't let up for a moment. It was an all-out, all-day assault. It got to the point where I almost caved from sheer irritation.

But I didn't... and if I can make it through that, I can make it through anything with the help of my HP!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Day 47 here!!!

Hey LC glad you are doing well... Congrats on 84 days.. I am sure things will work out with the interviews. It will take the right opportunity coming along remember that and keep the faith

Thanks TTOSBT that makes me so happpy!!! You guys and gals really mean a lot to me... I am going to meet my sponsor tomorrow to go through the reading and in a week or 2 I will make my 3rd step prayer with her and get down to the writing. That scares me as I am not sure what to write LOL!!

Sobergirl glad you made it through the day... Day 20 is wonderful!!! I am so proud of you..

It has been tough at home... Me in AA and my brother in NA (twin). We have eachother for support but he keeps revealing more to me and it is hard to hear.. But I love him and it is good... My nephew got his 24 hour chip for being sober from drugs yesterday just got out of detox. But god will help us all I have faith.. (that is my HP)
Old 08-03-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day 48!!! Today I met with my sponsor and did my third step prayer!! I am beginning Step 4!! I am so scared. I keep telling myself I need to leave a few things out... BUt I know I cannot and it scares me to death...

I know for me this is what will work. I need to free myself from all the stupid resentments I hold they are really making me sick most days
Old 08-03-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

right CM, I'm back.

lets see, " D " mmmmmmmmmm!

Desk, Daisychain, Diamond ring, DVD, Discdrive, Deerstalker, Donkey, Decking, Dog. ?????

day 87

Big hello to everyone.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hey Fizzy you are good at this. It was dog and congrats on day 87!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:59 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I'm well into Day 21 here... wow, I've been sober for 3 weeks now. Amazing!

I hope everyone is doing good today. I am happy to report that physically, I feel 1000% better! I started taking a B complex vitamin several days ago and it must be working because the difference is amazing. I am also now able to exercise longer and at a higher intensity without having crazy blood sugar drops. I've been eating very healthy foods and getting decent rest (although I still wake up repeatedly through the night).
Old 08-03-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I started taking a B complex also and I have to say it seems to be working pretty good. I think it takes a couple of days to build up in your system. I also have been having the blood sugar drops sometimes to the point where I almost pass out. I know what you mean about sleep. I would give anything for a good night's sleep.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:32 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

stay clean

I'm on day 6
Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Way to go Soubie.
I hear ya Win Win - 2 hours last night.
SoberGirl77 - awake....asleep....awake....asleep. Started at 12:34 last night I finally just got out of bed and started my day. Congrats on 21 days!! That's great.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good Morning start of day 49 here!!! I am trying to pray more and turn more over as I am filled with fear and resentments. It seems pretty twisted how my mind really works without drinking involved. I am mad at everyone and I hope to work through this...

Sobergirl congrats on day 21..

Winwin I hope you continue to well on your sobriety

Soubie congrats on day 6!!!

Austin also hope you continue to do well with sobriety
Old 08-04-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Sober 6/5/2008

60 days today.

I'm sleeping better, using my time more productively, often feeling more optimistic about the future, happy and confident that my decision to get sober was the right one. May I remain so.

I'm very grateful for this forum and for f2f meetings where I can listen to and learn from people who have managed to remain sober and whose lives have since improved. I am also grateful to those who have shared how hellish their lives had become before sobriety and so reminded me of where I was heading.

Thanks! And thanks for letting me share.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

fulminous congrats on 60 days!!!

49 is the toughest day yet. I said good bye to my ex today and I am sick to my stomach. I need to forget about and let my HP take care of it... I still hang on to every pain Hoping things look up before the end of the day!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 87

I am so proud of you, Sobergirl! Doing a cartwheel for you! (kidding!)

Still proud.

What a weekend! Helped my eldest move into her apartment all weekend. Found all kinds a free stuff, and fun stuff at garage sales. A lawyer who is leaving town gave her a bed, couch, and microwave oven all for free! And for me a new computer chair!

Pulled a mussle in my left arm...ouch.

Came home Saturday night, tired, and happy, and found a reject letter from the head bobble, 4 person panel interview...that sucked.

The most depressing part of the whole weekend was to find out my Dad is back to his pack-rat hoarding issue. And his refrigerator broke down 7 months ago..but because his apartment is so packed he won't call in anyone to fix it. So that means it has gotten really bad. It just breaks my heart. I had helped him get this apartment, and I helped him get rid of tons of stuff, and he had a fresh start. But now...it looks like it is all back. It is just a baffling disease. And the people who suffer from it are miserable. He can't stop bringing things in, and yet can't bear to throw anything away. And just dumb useless stuff. He bought a 100 foot plastic film roller. Well, yes he is a photographer of years ago, but now he has a digital camera. His girlfriend and I got so upset, and that is when she told me about the condition of his apartment.

He does not need another project.

Anyway...I need to run out the door. And bring my Mom's car back to her. She let us use it to move my kid.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Morning all!
Welcome Soubie!! Almost one week!
Woohoo fulminous, 60 days!!
Hi cmhcali! Posted on your other thread but wanted to give you another HUG.
LogCabin, what a wonderful weekend it sounds like you had!
i am here, it is Monday and Day 88. Had a yucky day yesterday. All because I did not eat anything until 5pm and then I ate crap. It really sent me for a tailspin, attitude wise.
There is really something to H.A.L.T.!!!
I will not put myself in that position again. I was so pissed that my Walmart sells beer and wine now!
Time to work that Step 3 again and again, lol
Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

LC - Congrats on day 87 that is wonderful!!! It sounds like you got to spend some nice time with your daughter Sorry to hear about the arm though... It must be hard on you for you dad... Does he live near you and is there anything that can be done for this disease. My grandfather is a pack rat, but he has my grandmother to do damage control. He can only pack stuff in the garage. If he brings it in, it goes back out there..

TTOSBT - you have been such a great help today. Congrats on day 88 and keeping strong while helping others to remain strong. You truly are helping this alcoholic I feel so much better.