Notices

90 Days and Under Club

Old 07-21-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Three posts in a row...he's only gone and done it!!! A hatrick for the English boy...the crowd go wild...chanting his name and throwing flowers.....he bow's...he leaves the stage....for days the applause went on....WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Nice comeback Benji. Will call you the comeback kid. Won't bother to pm you though. Guess can give a yell out from the boards next time.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

and suddenly we've cut to " The Sound of Music "

There's all the nuns singing and Julie Andrew's running through the hills playing the part of Benji

What do we do with a problem like Maria no sorry I meant

What do we do with a problem like Benji ?

Not quite got the same ring to it
Old 07-21-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
vodkakid

hi all,day 63 but not finding it easy
Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Well it worked mate, you did say that if you laid low for a few days and I threw in the old Kate Winslet impression we'd get the crowds back.

Fizzy and Benji back in the groove, even let you get the old 3 in a row in as promised.

And it is " Fizzy and Benji " , " Benji and Fizzy " just sounds stupid for goodness sake !!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Good to see you back Vodka, hope you remembered my pack of Cheese and onion, 3 days I've been waiting for them.

Everyone seems to be finding it harder just now, definately something going on, I blame the government.

Good to see you hanging in with us though
Old 07-22-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Day 36. Do you think it is harder counting the days. Day 36 just seem so little for how long it really seems. But I am sober today and that is all the matters.

Fizzywater that was a riot. I laughed so hard. It is good to laugh it is not something I do not do often a lot of dysfunction around. Mostly with drugs so I am safe as I only at this current point in my life have a problem with alcohol but it is still disheartening and depressing.

My 19 year old nephew confessed to using heroin last night. His dad is doing it with him and my brother told me 2 days ago he is on the methadone clinic. They are all staying at my parents house as they are enablers (so sad they think they are helping).

I am staying there at the moment as I have no license (25 more days of that) and need transportation to work and meetings. So it has been tough. Again I want to scream
Old 07-22-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Sorry to hear CM...I know it is hard to focus on your own recovery when you have to deal with SUCH distracting BS from other people close to you. Just keep moving forward, and don't let thier issues bring you down. You have come far.

Fizzy.....LOL! I'm sitting here cracking up (That's American for laughing my asre off).

I read the posts from your continent with either a Hugh Grant accent or Irish like Sean O'Connery.

Love it...you can play my part with an accent like a Northern California coast.

Hey! Paul McCartney does not want to raise Beatrice in USA because he does not want her to develope an American accent. Do we sound stupid or something? (Excluding the stupid sounding ones in some remote areas.)

Day 74.

I guess I am lucky. Once I turn the switch off in my brain...I don't get cravings or urges. I've had enough relapsing and recovery failure to know down to the bottom of my toes that getting altered/numb with drugs and alcohol just will NEVER WORK for me. And just makes me really really sick, and knocking on Death's door.

I'm going to go hang out with a friend for a couple days. So I may not be back on till Wednesday evening. Need to tear myself away from the keyboard and put on the face...
Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Instant Gratifier

19 days today!!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Thanks LogCabin and congrats on day 74

Erockers congrats on day 19
Old 07-22-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi Vodkid...sorry to hear it's a difficult day...they come and go...hang in there old bean.
Only day 16 for me...but i'm feelin' groovy...
The rest of you rabble are a little quiet....Horselover having one of those naughty parties again...last time fizzy fell out of the cupboard dressed as a nun...
...lol logcabin....glad to see you've finally worked it out!
...and well done cm...keep it up...you're doing so well...
Blessings and universal harmony to the group...man! xxx
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just back, what a party, Horselover sure knows how to throw em eh

I wouldnt have eaten that Logcabin, even for the $100 bet. Goodness knows how long that had been at the bottom of Horsies Jacuzzi !!!!!!!!!

Completley ruined my best green tights doing that old trick again though, getting to old to be doing the splits on roller blades on the high dive board !!!!!!!!!

Day 75

Still not doing as well as I was though, lots of negative thoughts, need to take a shake to myself and get on with it I reckon.

Good to see everyone here - keeps the old lad going
Old 07-22-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Stop yer whineing yer big jessie...all you've gotta do is refrain from putting the vodie to yer gob!
...I'm thinking about becoming a counsellor...what d'yer reakon...good bedside manner?
...do you think I should be more direct?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Is that really all I have to do, flamin heck wish someone had said.

"all you've gotta do is refrain from putting the vodie to yer gob!"

Well thats it folks, I'm cured, 145 posts Benji's written and one has finally made sense.

Onwards and upwards for me, I've seen the light I know the answers.

You should write a book mate, ok its no going to be the longest but it makes sense, no need for bite size chunks, just one clear message that gets to the heart of the problem.

SR will probably just shut down now, no need for it anymore once everyone gets that message.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

You two behave or I'll have to stop this car!! No more arguing and keep your hands to yourselves. Brothers - what a bother!!! I think Scotland and England may be at war.

Time to clean up after that party. No - don't leave yet! Look at the dishes and all the soda cans thrown everywhere. Who broke the jacuzzi?? Fizzy - Benji!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Not one to tell tales Horsie but I saw that CM break the jacuzzi.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi guys! Congrats to everyone.
Day 75 today
I have been in a pissy mood but whatever, not gonna drink over it
Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Not to worry...we'll send our fine doctors Fizzy and Benji over to fix you right up.. They know the cure to stop our alcoholism...

You first...
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Fizzy..there is a small consultancy fee for my services. You can't expect me to pass on information like that for free...years of solid research has gone into my thesus....somewhere down the line all that time has got to be paid for...and i'm afraid it's down to you my old mucker....I want a quid for every day that you stay sober...paid into my off shore account....
....is anyone else interested in Dr Benji's 'fix it - don't mix it' course? ...I can do a special rate for group bookings...and I don't mind if you have one of those American accents...I always liked Starski and Hutch...and that programme where the second half of the episode is a load of people in a barn saying goodnight to each other...'Night jim Bob!' 'Night Grandma!'....must have been very cheap to make...did it catch on?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:25 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Is that really all I have to do, flamin heck wish someone had said.

"all you've gotta do is refrain from putting the vodie to yer gob!"
OK furoners, I hope this translates to something akin to "don't drink", but I have to say this sounds like it could be a guy thing, or an adult-supervised thing, or....

Hey, how come I wasn't invited to horse's party?
I can do the splits too, ya know...on roller skates!

(All Star series: "night starsky!" "night hutch!")