Notices

90 Days and Under Club

Old 07-09-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi cmh! Congrats on 23 days.
When I started I committed to myself that I would show up 15 minutes early to every meeting and help clean up after. This way I was forced to meet people AND you are more likely to get hooked up with the winners (those being of service).
Good luck!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Good to see everyone doing well, checking in on day 62.

Wasn't complaining Negman, your threads have got me this far, guess if it ain't broken ...............................
Old 07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was supposed to go on a business trip this morning. I've been worried about it all week. This morning at 5:30am I thought: The only way I can get on that plane is with a couple of drinks in me.

Then I despaired that I would be drinking again.

So, I cancelled the trip. And I'm sober today. It was a hard decision to make. I'm not sure how smart it was, but I believe it was the right one.

Life is hard!

-- NM
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Big hello to Dave!!! Hang in there dude...it will get better very very soon...I promise!
...er...i'm just checking out this under 90 thing....don't like the wallpaper much...and it's a bit chilly....light the fire for Gawds sake...there's a que outside of needy folk!
...all cozy back in the under 60's...
...well done Steamychops...I concure with your plan of stopping counting....I get confused after 35ish...as you might have seen!
Well done Negman for another new club that's proving its worth...rah rah you all....let's boogie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Bloody hell! Well done negman...wish i'd done the same last week! ...you did just the right thing....Hooray!!! Up the revolution...hang the Boozeywoozies!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Tough call Negman

Reckon you did the right thing though.

Worked far too hard to take a risk now.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

hi guys!!!!! Just thought I would pop in and say hi! I check the 90 and under and the 2 weeks and under and everything in between on a fairly regular basis. It really is so wonderful to see all these alchoholics helping each other.

It amazed me at treatment last year....take 65 people who can't stay sober, stick em in a building with minimal supervision and together they stay sober!!!!!

What ever method you use...it seems to me that this is a WE thing...I have almost 1 year now, but some of my closest friends are the woman who were struggling with me to be sober back in the early 90s...And they now have like over 20 years!!!!!

We all can make it together if we stay connected with each other.

Thanks for always being here!:ghug2
Old 07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Today is day 61. Weeeee. So I can join this group. I guess I could have when I was at 60 days. but for some reason I wanted to graduate into here.

Let the wild rumpus begin!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome Log Cabin. We're glad you're here!

I love that sentiment Ananda. When it's a me, I can't do it. When it's we, somehow I'm sober. I guess that is true in so many ways of life: We stay together or die alone... Still, it's encouraging to know that sometimes it's just that simple.

Stay together!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 24 today. I went to a meeting last night with some good speakers. I actually laughed and could relate. I however still did not have the courage to stick my hand out and say I am new. I am going to try tonight. I need to make friends in the fellowship and make a network. I want the sobriety that many of these people have achieved. To live a happy life without obsession and be able to help others. One day at a time. I feel good today I am going to a BBSS tonight and hope to find a sponsor.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Come on cm!!! You CAN DO IT!!! Stick that little paw out and tell em ur new...i'd bet there'll be loads of people waiting to say hi....either way..England (and...maybe that Scottland place.)..are behind you!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Good morning! Day 63 today. I am perpetually tired but other than that I am good.
I have been having a very hard time this week with grief.

I lost my Dad VERY unexpectedly at the end of March. This has been SO hard. But it seems that this last week it has gotten much harder or a different kind of hard.
It seems to have just hit me that not only do I have to deal with his death, I have to deal with living the REST of my life without him.
He is the one I would be calling right now to share and ask for advice.

So I was REALLY getting myself in a funk and feeling shaky. Then I went to my womans meeting last night (45 VERY strong women with amazing sobriety). I took a token from my sponsor. She gave me a 60 day token but also a token that her sponsor got in Akron last month at Founders Day. It actually says "Together we can". My grand sponsor placed it on Bill W's grave for good luck and prayed for quality sobriety for me.
Wow. Definitely took me out of myself and made me realize that while I do not have my dad today, I never have to be alone again. I feel so very blessed.
I am nowhere close to being done crying but I do know he would be proud.

Thank you all for being here and allowing me to join you on this journey :ghug
Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks tt...glad to be on the train with you too. x
Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Evening everyone

day 63 just drawing to an end for me ( well drawing to an end if I go to bed at 9.00 !!!)

Reckon your doing great TT, I've just to focus on not drinking, no bad stuff really happened to me recently, don't know I could cope with more.

You'll speak when your ready CM, maybe tonight ? one night I'm sure it'll just feel right and away you'll go.

Month from now, everyone at your meeting will be thinking " how longs that CM going to rattle on for tonight, this hall closes at midnight "
Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yeah! Blimey...she don't 'arf bang on that TT...yap yap...givin' it all that..I'm new 'ere stuff!!! Her gob's open longer than the 711...give 'er a sandwich debbie...shut 'er up fer a while...haven't 'erd such a cuffuffle since grannies teeth fell in the soup...
Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just a quick check in before bed folks.

Day 64

Waiting to hear if you stuck that hand out CM ?

Mind you, you've not posted, not still talking from last night are you ?????

Hope everyones got a fantastic sober weekend planned.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 65

Sniff - check one armpit.

Sniff - check the other armpit.

Sure I changed my kecks last tuesday and my socks on thursday.

Pretty sure I don't smell that bad then, must be some other reason why I'm in here on me Jack Jones !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet that Negmans started another thread, the "Ninety days and under if your not Scottish thread" either that or your all drinking round at Benjis on a saturday night.

See if that Horselovers taken you all pony trecking without me, I'll no be happy.

Hope everyones safe and sober and having a great time wherever they are.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Fizzy you are hysterical and you have to stop because when I laugh out loud and my 5 year old son asks what is so funny it is too difficult to explain your humor to him. I will be here tomorrow because technically I'm 60 days and so many hours according to the sober calculator. I can't come here until I'm 61 days. The official rules you know what I mean jelly bean??
Old 07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Please don't tell Negman but I actually sneaked in here on day 59, there my secrets out.

Benji was in here the other night as well, we got him in by stealing TT's jacket and getting him to put the hood up, he's on minus twelve or something so I wouldn't worry about the official rules.

Seemingly the boy who made up the official rules used to be a bit of a drinker as well so they're probably rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hello all...minus 12 indeed.....I've stopped counting...if it's good enough for steamychops then it's good enough for me...i'm still sober...went round to some friends for dinner...I left quite early...about half an hour ago....I think the host was a little peaved that I didn't get tucked in as I usually would....I think i'll lose a few friends through this sobriety thing...good people...just time to move on...it's all good. Thinking of moving down to the sea to a place called Cornwall....maybe when my work dies down in the winter....
...Hope you're all well and doin' the funky chicken. xxxx:atv