Notices

90 Days and Under Club

Old 07-30-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

LC - I have faith good things will happen with the interviews. Keep us posted and I will keep you in my thoughts for good things to happen.

Steam - WOW 120 days congrats that is phenomenal. If you guys move to a new post I am following you...

Sobergirl - Congrats on day 17 that is so great and glad things are getting easier for you.

ROFL - Hello How are you!! Hope your day is going well

Day 44 here still going strong

Hope everyone is well and hope to hear from everyone. Where is everyone getting ready to graduate from the post and leave me....

I need more friends LOL!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Steamvessel... I think a 6 month and under is just the right board. Could you start one up?... I'm headed out of town on Friday, but tomorrow is my 90th day. Woo-hoo. It's been stressful here, but looks like I'm going to make it.

Rock on everyone.

-- NM
Old 07-30-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Well I had an interview today and it was not what I expected at all. I had to take a test on the computer in a program I have used "maybe" twice in my life. I was interviewed by a panel of 8 women! I was pretty intimated and VERY nervous. We'll see what happens, but I don't have the highest of hopes. I will try other places too, but I think I can stand about anything after that. I'm more a one on one type interview girl. Hope everyone is doing well.

Where's my friend Benjiboy?? You are being a little too quiet for my taste lately kiddo. Get back on here and do some dancing on the roof tops!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
Congrats on the good job everybody. Next Tuesday I'll be at 120 days. Should we go big and start a six months and under thread since there are so many people approaching 90 right now? I've found that even though I don't really count days like I used, it's nice to have a tangible goal to work towards in terms of time spent sobriety as a motivational tool.
Awesome Steam, 120 days is great. I just realized I don't count days as closely these days and it's only day 32.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

End of day 82

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
Congrats on the good job everybody. Next Tuesday I'll be at 120 days. Should we go big and start a six months and under thread since there are so many people approaching 90 right now? I've found that even though I don't really count days like I used, it's nice to have a tangible goal to work towards in terms of time spent sobriety as a motivational tool.

It really is nice to be doing this with a group. I think a 6 months thread is a great idea!

WOW Horse! 8 woman panel! We did that together, eh? I thought 4 was bad!

I still submitted resumes to jobs today. Not going to stop till someone bites.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Taking vitamins...Yes..so very helpful. I really love when I feel good. The last relapse was just so horible. I was tearing my insides up. It felt so good to finally be reversing the process. I started the relapse at the end of January, and it lasted till May 9th. 3 and a half months. Now I am almost 3 months sober. What a difference in living. From death to life.

I am thankful to the tips of my toes for my sobriety.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi!.....
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

It was a data clerical position working for a diagnostician for the schools around here. Get this - the pay is only 11,000/year. It is a 9 month position though and not a full calendar year. I would go for the part-time at my son's school over the full-time position. I should here by the end of this week.

By the way LC I think a panel is a panel whether 4 or 8. Its very intimidating. Oh well! We both survived.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Good morning all... starting Day 18 here!! Wow!!

Instead of focusing on the negative symptoms I still have, I'm just going to post that it's a beautiful morning here and I am so extremely grateful to have woken up with another successful sober day behind me (and in front of me).

I hope everyone has a fabulous sober day!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone,

ROFL, LC, Horsey, Sober, NegativeMan, Steam, Austin, Fizzy??? and Benji??? You gals and guys are my inspiration. I come here everyday to check in. If you guys start a new thread can you please add a link here. I do not want to loose you guys..

I need you You have become my great friends and your recovery helps mine and I need to hear your stories to make it through my day. You have no idea how much you are helping everyone. If I forgot anyone's name on the list please give me a smack. I am just waking up

I am so thankful to SR and all of you. This was my first and favorite thread that I subscribed too!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Well, CM you had better come along with all of us. It wouldn't be the same without you! You are very positive and upbeat. We all need that in our lives. You have helped me more then once my dear!

I did not get the job by the way, but its all good. I am actually going to go back to college and take some courses towards getting a real estate license. I have ALWAYS loved real estate and have some background through the last law firm I worked at. We'll see how it goes, but I am sooooo excited. I was actually relieved she didn't offer me the position. Crazy, huh?? I mean life that is. Oh well as fellow Negman would say "Rock on all!"
Old 07-31-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Thanks Horselover I needed to hear that.

I am glad you are positive about the job!!! Going back to school is such a great thing. It is definitely worth doing something you love then to be stuck in a job you do not... Like they say in AA more will be revealed. You are on the right path and more will be revealed day by day on where you are supposed to go and that is a great thing..

I wonder where everyone else is??
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

There is a difference between a 4 panel and 8 panel interview. Less bobble head bobbing on our part, as we keep trying to look each and every one in the eye...
Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I made my 90 everyone! Come join me and Steamvessel in the Six Month and Under Club soon!

I wouldn't have made this trip without you guys. Let's keep going!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Morning of day 85 for me.

My home computers not working so not sure when I'll next get on here, just logged on quickly at work to say hello.

I'm feeling good though.

Thinking of you'se all

Speak to you'se as soon as I can
Old 08-01-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Great job Negman. I will stop in to say hi as the resident youngster. Not by age but by days!!!!

Fizzy so happy to hear from you!!! Glad to hear you are well on day 85!!!

Day 46 for me...
Old 08-01-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

CM - You are doing so well! Congratulations on 46 days! That's big. I have a few days to go before embarking upon the new goal Negman has set for us. Gotta love that guy for keeping us going.

Fizzy - you had better fix that home computer ASAP. I would really miss you bud.

LC - How's your interviewing going? Less stressful I hope.

ROFL - Hi! (keeping short and sweet like you).

Benji - Get your butt back here!! I have spoken.

Sobergirl - You should be on day 18 today? That's great. I remember reading your earlier posts and you've come along way baby, as they say.

That's it from me folks!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Horselover, I'm actually on Day 19 now. Thanks for the encouragement and kind words!

cmhcali, you and everyone on this thread (and a couple of the other Newcomers threads) are MY inspiration to stay sober. Seriously - if you all are taking your sobriety seriously and successfully fighting the demons day by day, it makes me want to do the same all the more!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!
It is Day 85 for me and I am doing pretty good.
My hubby went to his 2nd Alanon meeting last night. It is really nice being able to talk program with him.
I have missed you guys and I know that I am MIA if Horselover didn't mention me, so here I am!!! :ghug3
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Sobergirl - DAY 19, not 18!! Sorry!

TTOSBT - I am REALLY sorry I missed you. Day 85 - wow!! You will be moving on soon too! That's great your husband is doing the program (so to speak) too. You can grow together through this. Glad to see you back!!!

Sorry again Sobergirl. 24 hours difference is a big deal!!