Notices

Going to try again- hope I make it

Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Hi scaredy, sorry youre in pain, I agree with Jen. Do you have any other AA people you could phone just to touch base with apart from your sponsor?
I am glad you didnt drink over it.
Yes, Stone. I do have other phone #'s. I have an old AA friend from years ago. We are in the same home group. I told her i remember the day she walked in. She just got her 13 year chip last Sat.

Barb
Old 07-30-2007, 09:28 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by igetallnumb View Post
Thank you for sharing that barb. Im sorry that happened but thank god you got out of that relationship. So thats a good thing. I have fibromyalgia .... i kno how it feels to be in pain always.
But you should definitely go see your doctor sooner. Maybe he can find something that might manage it better
He told me about a new drug last year that helps pain and depression. But i'm kind of scared to take any drugs any more the way the FDA is any more.

Barb
Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
He told me about a new drug last year that helps pain and depression. But i'm kind of scared to take any drugs any more the way the FDA is any more.

Barb

Cymbalta..... my doc wanted that for me i have depression as well so ... i opted no
Im not gonna give you med advice but for me i didnt take it.. i read up on it and i dunno the FDA didnt approve it for certain things yet. and the things i heard it could do scared me too much
Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Yea, that sounds like it. What did you hear about it?

Barb
Old 07-30-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
Yea, that sounds like it. What did you hear about it?

Barb

well scary... basically suicidality in rather healthy patients... lots of other things rapid weight loss or gain, and very nasty withdrawl
Old 07-31-2007, 02:59 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just dropping in to say keep it up Barb...hope your arm and back are better

D
Old 07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Day 10

Hi Everyone. Wow I'm in the double digits now. Imagine that. I'm trying to keep my spirits up today. Still in a lot of pain. I'm starting to get depressed over it. I pray i can get to my meeting tonight. It's a good topic tonight. It's about remembering your last drunk from the living sober book. I'm not going to write much more. I just wanted to check in.

Barb
Old 07-31-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi Barb
I am new to this site and I have read your thread. I am on day 2 and hoping that i can finally make it myself. You are doing so well and you are inspiring me. Keep it up and keep posting. Your are helping me very much and i hope that i may help you some day as well.

Thanks for the inspiration Barb. You are doing great. I hope i can make it to double digits too.

Karen
Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi Barb, thanks for checking in hun, I wish you didnt have this pain. Congrats on 10 days Barb!

Welcome to SR Mice!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Day 11

Hi Everyone, doing a lot better today. My arm and back finally calmed down. It's a pain in the butt, but it's just something I have to deal with.

I made it to my meeting last night. I'm glad i made it. Pillow and all. I sat with a great bunch of people. I got to talk with another person i haven't seen in years and he gave me a big hug and welcome back. I'm so glad the people i knew years ago are still there. It helps a lot knowing i was missed.

Tonight's meeting is the step meeting. We're on step 12 tonight. I'm definitely not any where near there but i still go because i need to be with my new friends and the fellowship.

Barb
Old 08-01-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just coming in to say hello and send you support, scaredy! blessings, k
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi scardey, I am pleased you had a better day hun.

I like step meetings myself, its a good way of absorbing the whole program and a meeting is a meeting of course.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about the pain Barb, v glad it's better but as I said once - we just gotta live with it, and enjoy the good stuff even more because of it !!

I'm very proud of yr 10+1 days my friend !!

D
Old 08-01-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Cheering you on from the sidelines, Barb. Well done on 11 days - keep moving forward! We are behind you all the way
Old 08-02-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Day 12

Hi Everyone, Today is day 12. Unbelievable. I didn't think I would ever get sober again. I thought I would die like that someday.

I'm very excited today, so I'm not going to write much. I just updated my Microsoft XP. As some of you know, I'm fairly new to the computer world. I didn't even like them 2 years ago. So now there's new things for me to learn ago. Everything is so much sharper and clearer. I feel like i got new glasses. LOL It's 7.0 version what ever that means.

Barb
Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Woo hoo! I love computer stuff - new toys! Enjoy the XP - I like mine a lot.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Rowan, we've had the XP since we got the computer last year. It was just blinking that their was new updates, so I did it. Now its a new look again with a new toolbar.

My Adobe got updated too. Except i didn't do that. I turn the computer on and it was different. I had to put my books in there all over again. Do you know if Adobe just does that or something?

Barb
Old 08-03-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey scaredy! hello!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

you're doing well barb, keep on truckin'......I am on day 10....hanging in there as well.....we will do this....one day and one step at a time......I am not drinking today..thats all I can say and all I am willing to promise..
Old 08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Day 13

Hi Everyone, I don't know who long I'll be able to be on. We have a stupid thunder storm coming. We have thunder storm watches all day until 10:00 tonight.

I have a funny story to tell you today about the number 13 since today is day 13 for me. I'm very superstitious about the number. I definitely don't like Friday the 13. Except for the movies with Jason. LOL I think I got this way because my grandmother was really bad with the number.

When my grandma was pregnant with my father she was freaking out that he would be born on Friday the 13. I heard that she was freakin for weeks. Well the day came and my Dad was born. It was on Saturday the 14. LOL I don't know if she was holding him in or what, but she got her wish that he wasn't born on Friday the 13.

Another thing she wouldn't do was have 13 people over for dinner or a party. She always made sure there was 12 or 14 people. I'm not sure why she was like that. But that's how it was when I was a kid.

The only thing I won't do is write checks on Friday the 13. I'm afraid that they'll bounce. That happened once and that's why I won't write them anymore on that date. Weird huh. Well I'm not thinking that today is bad because its day 13. It's a very good thing because I haven't drank for 13 days. Well I got it all in on time. The storm is coming. Talk again latter.

Congratulations Carl on your 10 days. Just one day at a time.

Barb