Notices

Going to try again- hope I make it

Old 09-29-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aldo, somewhere there's a thread that talks about stupid things we've done. I never found it, but it was recommended to me to read it! I think it would be great if you started a new thread. I myself (Miss Prim & Proper) have done some things that are so out of character it's ridiculous! So I just use them to convince myself how my personality is distorted by alcohol. I'm sure if I could see some of the things I've done that I don't remember, my blood would run cold! I always say that wasn't me, that was my evil twin.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Happy One week Scaredy . I'm glad you're feeling good. What's in the Grapevine mag ? Anything exciting?
Old 09-29-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi Barb,

Just wanted to say WELL DONE for making it to a week without a drink.

Row
Old 09-30-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
Happy One week Scaredy . I'm glad you're feeling good. What's in the Grapevine mag ? Anything exciting?
Hi everyone, I'm on here early today. My husband and one cat woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. I'm having another good day so far. It's beautiful outside today, so i won't be on for too long. I'm going to go outside and prune my roses for the last time this year. I have 3 bushes to prune. My 2 biggest are almost 6' tall. So I like to keep them cut down so they don't get too big.

GT- This months Grapevine is about complacency. I had to look up the word where i didn't know meaning. LOL I was always terrible with vocabulary and spelling. Thank god for spell check. I like the Grapevine because i get bored easy and this is something new to read that's AA related. I was like that in school too. The beginning of the school year I be like "Oh boy a new math book". 2 months or so latter I be bored with it already.

Barb
Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, another good day so far. I'm still doing everything I'm supposed to. My meetings, reading, and even praying now a little. I use to be really religious a couple of years ago. I went to church at least a couple of times a month. Sometimes during the weekdays. I haven't been to church now since last Christmas. I'm still not ready yet. but maybe with time and working my program I'll be able to try again.

Barb
Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
let it grow!

happy that you are staying sober today, scaredy. hugs, k
Old 10-01-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thread continues:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1507294