Notices

Going to try again- hope I make it

Old 07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Day 7

Hi Everyone, Today is day 7. I can't believe i went a week without drinking. There is one thing I'm worried about. I haven't had any big cravings. Is this the calm before the storm? When I tried quitting cigarettes in the past, i had real bad cravings everyday. I haven't yet with the drinking. Or is it because I'm really ready this time to stay stop?

Barb
Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
Hi Everyone, Today is day 7. I can't believe i went a week without drinking. There is one thing I'm worried about. I haven't had any big cravings. Is this the calm before the storm? When I tried quitting cigarettes in the past, i had real bad cravings everyday. I haven't yet with the drinking. Or is it because I'm really ready this time to stay stop?

Barb
maybe its because your finding ways to distract yourself (forum, pets, home) I dont have that much experiance with drinking , but my cravings are not as bad right now because Im keeping my brain and hands occupied by posting and venting...
Dont anticipate anything negative , because if you do only negative things will come take it as a blessing your not craving and move on from there.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies.

Stone- Why do you think i should wait on doing step 1? That's the most important step. I'm not pushing myself on it. I haven't done any writing yet either on step 1. Just reading the introduction stuff in my workbook and the first few chapters in the big book. Also I am going to my meetings everyday.

Barb

Hi scardey, I just meant for you not to get stressed out worrying that you hadnt done it yet. I do think its a good idea to start the steps quickly.
Its good you have a sponsor, and I am glad youre getting your windows too!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi Guys, A little late getting on tonight. Went shopping for books. I'm still sober. Last Sat. I messed up and drank, but I didn't tonight.

I went to my meeting tonight and i also signed up for it to be my home group. It was actually my home group years ago when i had my sobriety in 1993. I was the secretary back then even. But I'm back now and I'm glad. I also bought the new Big Book. I can't believe all the changes in the 4th addition. So many new stories. I like it. Well till tomorrow.

Barb
Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi Guys, A little late getting on tonight. Went shopping for books. I'm still sober. Last Sat. I messed up and drank, but I didn't tonight.

I went to my meeting tonight and i also signed up for it to be my home group. It was actually my home group years ago when i had my sobriety in 1993. I was the secretary back then even. But I'm back now and I'm glad. I also bought the new Big Book. I can't believe all the changes in the 4th addition. So many new stories. I like it. Well till tomorrow.

Barb

hi barb
i slipped up today and used .... ((barb)) I know its tough
Im here for you
Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Jen, just pick yourself up and try again. You can do this. I drank for 24 years. If I can do it you can.

Barb
Old 07-28-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Jen, just pick yourself up and try again. You can do this. I drank for 24 years. If I can do it you can.

Barb

I am I flushed my whole supply down the loo just before ..
and I got a meeting tomorrow and detox
Old 07-28-2007, 10:14 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good for you!!

Barb
Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Day 8

Hi Everyone. In a hurry right now. I just didn't want to worry any one. I haven't had a drink to today and i don't have the urge to have one.

My Father-in law is in town from Michigan. So we're going to see him now. I'll write more latter tonight after my Big book meeting and prime time shows.

Barb
Old 07-29-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

have fun Barb !
D
Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Day 9

Hi Everyone, well today is the 9th day not drinking. I didn't have a good night last night, but i didn't drink over it. I was keeping busy today and doing my normal things you do in life. I feel like I'm getting more done since i stop drinking too. Imagine that. But i have to and always put myself first.

Barb
Old 07-30-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, well today is the 9th day not drinking. I didn't have a good night last night, but i didn't drink over it. I was keeping busy today and doing my normal things you do in life. I feel like I'm getting more done since i stop drinking too. Imagine that. But i have to and always put myself first.

Barb

another victory for you! good for you barb keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, Not having to great of a night. My arm and back are really bad tonight. I wasn't able to go to my meeting tonight because of it. I didn't drink though. I'm through with drinking. It isn't going to help my arm anyway. I read my AA literature instead and tried to call my sponsor. She wasn't home, but i left her a message.

I notice my arm and back are getting worse since i quit. I guess the alcohol was medicating it more then I thought. Sometimes it got real bad when i drank even and was still in a lot of pain. But the alcohol helped me to forget about it.

If my arm doesn't calm down I'll have to see my Dr. before I'm supposed to. I'm not scheduled to see him again until Sept. I been seeing him every 9 months for my arm and back for the past 6 or 7 years I think. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Barb
Old 07-30-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, Not having to great of a night. My arm and back are really bad tonight. I wasn't able to go to my meeting tonight because of it. I didn't drink though. I'm through with drinking. It isn't going to help my arm anyway. I read my AA literature instead and tried to call my sponsor. She wasn't home, but i left her a message.

I notice my arm and back are getting worse since i quit. I guess the alcohol was medicating it more then I thought. Sometimes it got real bad when i drank even and was still in a lot of pain. But the alcohol helped me to forget about it.

If my arm doesn't calm down I'll have to see my Dr. before I'm supposed to. I'm not scheduled to see him again until Sept. I been seeing him every 9 months for my arm and back for the past 6 or 7 years I think. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Barb
Barb maybe you should see him sooner ....sept is far off from now. Why should you suffer? Something to consider.
Im glad you didnt turn to drinking
Old 07-30-2007, 09:05 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi scaredy, sorry youre in pain, I agree with Jen. Do you have any other AA people you could phone just to touch base with apart from your sponsor?
I am glad you didnt drink over it.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Hi scaredy, sorry youre in pain, I agree with Jen. Do you have any other AA people you could phone just to touch base with apart from your sponsor?
I am glad you didnt drink over it.

mornin luv what u doin up at 5 am?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Jen, couldnt sleep. I am going back to bed soon. :
Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Hi Jen, couldnt sleep. I am going back to bed soon. :

aww poor thing
*give stone some warm milk*
would you like me to read you a story?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Well for one thing. I've been suffering for over 15 years. Except back then they didn't know what was wrong with me. There is nothing they can do. I've been in and out of PT over the years. Been a guinea pig with different prescib. drug. a lot didn't help, or i was allergic too. The last medicine i was on was Vioxx, until the FDA took it off the market. It was causing heart attacks in people. It wasn't a narcotic just a anti-inflammatory drug that old people take for arthritis. Except I'm not old yet. I'm only 41. now i don't take anything except tylenol.

Quick story what happened- My 1st husband was very abusive. That's how my arm and back got hurt. Most people get this condition in car accidents. I have to be very careful around fans and air conditioning because that will flare it up. My meeting last night had a lot of fans in there and one was blowing toward my back. Sometimes its hard to stay away from them. The name of it is called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. So I now have a disability. It's just something I'll have to deal with the rest of my life. Some days are really hard, especially not being able to work anymore. That's when my drinking did get bad. But as you know I don't want to live that way any more.

Barb
Old 07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that barb. Im sorry that happened but thank god you got out of that relationship. So thats a good thing. I have fibromyalgia .... i kno how it feels to be in pain always.
But you should definitely go see your doctor sooner. Maybe he can find something that might manage it better