Notices

Going to try again- hope I make it

Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You can do this...We are here for you...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1184498546
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
white cat.jpg (2.1 KB, 183 views)
Old 07-15-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Barb - do whatever works for you! Stay strong and be safe!

FallGirl
Old 07-15-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
believer

Proud of you my friend! you inspire me with your will!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I love the picture MissyMae. By the way I nicknamed my youngest kitty "Lois" MissyMoo since she was a baby. Here's a picture of her.

My husband surprised me. He told me he's dumping out his beer tonight too. whatever is left. He's very supportive with me. He won't be going to AA like me but he said that he'll go to speaker meetings with me on Fridays sometimes.

Barb
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2007, 10:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Almost Time. I'm having my last couple of drinks. I'll go to bed and wake up not drinking today. I'm still going to do all that I planned.

My husband also picked up some flavored water for me. It's not that bad. I tried some over the weekend. I'm not going to be drinking coke-a cola for a while because i know that will be a trigger for me. He also got me some decaf orange soda. I remember being suggested changing "people, places, and things", in the rooms of AA. So I'm starting that today with what I drink.

Barb
Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
let it grow!

so glad to hear that your husband and sister are being so supportive. blessings, k
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day1

Hi Everyone, Well today is Day 1. We got rid of all the alcohol in the house this time. I had my last drink at 4:30 this morning then went to bed. My nerves are really bothering me since last night. I've have the butterflies in my stomach so bad. I hope its a sign that I'll make it this time. I didn't get up until 12:30 this afternoon, so I didn't make it to the 12:00 meeting. There's a meeting tonight I can go to.

I don't feel to well today. I feel sick to my stomach and my stomach hurts. I know its a combination of my nerves and partly a hangover. I don't have a headache. I don't get headaches to much from drinking anymore. I don't know why. It's always my stomach. My sinuses bother me though sometimes. I wonder if drinking can effect your sinuses?

Parent- My mother in-law is also supporting me. She was so happy when i tried a couple of weeks ago. She told me that she wants to see me get more chips.

Well that's all for now. I'll write more latter.

Barb
Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, Well i went to my meeting tonight and got my white chip. I still have my other one and I'll keep them together. The serenity prayer is on the other one.

When i got to the meeting tonight they changed which door to go into since I've been there. I glad I didn't leave. My husband and I sat in the parking lot looking around to see if any people where coming. When we seen a bunch of people 5 minutes latter it was way in the back. So we got out of the car and we found them. I worried at first the meeting moved or something. My husband almost forgot to pick me up though. He was balancing his checkbook at home and lost track of time. We where still home in time to watch "H***'s Kitchen on TV.

My stomach is still doing flip-flops. Really bad butterflies. Its probably my nerves yet.

I'm drinking my new drink tonight. Flavored water. I like it. It's flavored with oranges, grapefruit, and lemon.

Barb
Old 07-16-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Getting back to meetings is a brilliant idea. GLAD you went today as planned, and are getting close to through your first day.

Keep coming back, you already know it works

Very proud of you,
Brett
Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi Everyone, well its Day 2. I'm feeling better with my tummy today. I'm very tired today but my spirits are good. I didn't sleep well last night. Keep tossing and turning. hopefully i sleep better tonight.

I'm trying to keep it real simple for me this week. I'm just doing the basics.
Don't drink
Go to meetings
pray if you can

I'm also reading the pamphlets I got. I'm going to another meeting tonight. I'm just debating which one to go too. We have lots of choices in my area. I was thinking either a speaker meeting tonight. which is a really big one. Or another meeting that reads from the Living sober book. There both good so it doesn't matter. I figure it out after dinner tonight.

Barb
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Scaredykat,

I'm glad Day 2 is going well for you!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad you made your meeting Scaredy.....And good job on Day 2.
My meeting wasnt there. I didnt see anyone outside ..going in or anywhere. So I may have an old list or something. I am really scared to take my drug addict self to AA. And the closest NA now is way in Glens Falls. Thats like 45 mins away.
I go to Saratoga tomorrow and will ask them for an updated list.
Great job. Keep it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hg098.jpg (49.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

DAY TWO!!!

Nice work. Congratulations.

You are on the right path

Keep admitting you're powerless over alcohol, and that your life had become unmanageable and that the solutions to this are:

Turn over your will to a higher power of your understanding, because you cannot do it yourself.
Easy Does It
One Day at a Time
Keep showing up to meetings, and show up sober/clean
Read your Big Book and Living Sober (a lot)
Start sniffing around for a good sponsor

Next thing you know, you're going to have your 30 day chip ... watch how time flies when you're living one day at a time.

Last edited by bval; 07-17-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sorry to thread-nap here, but CHIY what did I try to tell you yesterday?

Just go to friggin AA if that's all you can make it to today. IT DOESN'T MATTER, you can even just lie and say "alcoholic" if it'll make you feel better, ADDICTION IS ADDICTION. Nobody at an AA meeting is going to judge you or make you feel unwelcome just because your addiction is to a different substance. TRUST ME, please, I do it ALL THE TIME...

Not advising lying as a general avenue towards sobriety, mind you, but it's more important that you're THERE than it is that you inform the meeting you're one type of addict vs. another.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna and Bvaljalo. I'm definitely keeping all those slogans in my mind.

Chi- Bvaljalo is right. AA isn't going to judge you. More than half of them are also addicts. I am my self. I like to smoke weed. I haven't had it in a while. Last Christmas was the last time i had any. I'm glad i stop. I was smoking it everyday. The reason why I haven't had any in while is because we didn't want to buy it from any old tom, dick, or Joe. Now alcohol is my drug of choice, but i have mentioned my pot smoking to people at the meetings. Please try an AA meeting. you won't regret it.

Barb
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Barb,

Congratulations on day two! I have really appreciated your support. I'm also on day two. I never thought that I would have 24 hours again. I'm very protective of it. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2! I'm rolling up on 24 hours... about to try to get some sleep. Keep up the good work
Old 07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, I went to a speaker meeting tonight. It was good. I forgot how big it gets. There must of been over a 100 people there. I'm glad I got my white chip last night. I don't know if I could of gotten up in front of all those people tonight to get a chip.

Oh, and my husband came with me too. He's being so supportive. I think he finally understands. Years ago when I went. He got arguing about it and thought i was talking about him. He also thought AA was a cult. Now he knows.

Well that's all for now. Almost time for Day 3 to start.

Congratulations Longingforpeace on your 2 days.

Barb
Old 07-17-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you too Medievalknievel!! Keep posting. This is a great forum.

Barb
Old 07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Way to go, Barb. You're sounding better and better