Notices

One Year & Over Part 87

Old 07-10-2022, 01:23 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Mags, great idea to take a pic of too small print. (I’m trying to type on fruity tablet but my furry, purring feline keeps pawing at the screen.)

I hate to admit it - but even after a long career in tech I still have trouble with following directions for gadgets and stuff. Much is so poorly written.

Toots, have a fun day - though I expect you’ll be tired at the end of it.

Have a delightful Sunday to all

Old 07-10-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I'm drinking coffee on the couch.

I did manage to program my garage keypad yesterday and am feeling quite smug about it. Today I might try to get my phone to use the app to open it.

I hope today to get the house tidied a bit and cut out the front of the overskirt.

I had a bit of a down day yesterday but feel better today.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:48 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

It’s a brand new week. Sun is shining too.

Had a good day yesterday. Visiting step mum, she was looking good for 96 years, then we went and surprise visited my friend who I grew up with. Don’t usually call out of the blue, even tho she says we’re always welcome. It was good catching up with them.

I didn’t need no rocking to sleep last night.

Off to Mil’s later and popping to see friend who is ill.

Toots I can’t see the golf on my tv. Looked everywhere. Think it’s on sky sports. So I didn’t get to see you. Hope you’re first day marshalling went well. bet you’re tired out.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 07-11-2022, 01:04 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey Mags, the Open won't be televised for the first few days as they're just practise days or special events yesterday was a pro/celeb one, I did see Tiger and Justin Thomas along with a few celebs and other players. It was pretty quiet spectator wise, only a few thousand. Come Sunday there is expected almost 70,000. Our Hole manager was told he's got too many marshals covering each shift so I think he will be cutting some down. I only hope I get at least one day at the weekend, preferably Sunday as it's the final! sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday
Old 07-11-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Monday morning has finally reached the Rocky Mountains. I have a relatively busy day today: carpet cleaners, take out recycle, neighbors to dentist, afternoon get together with friends.

I'm off to arrange a last few things for the carpet cleaners, comb my hair and check the watering schedule.

May summer living be easy for all in the N hemisphere and may winter living be cosy for those in the south.

Old 07-11-2022, 10:51 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Toots ah right. Might get to see you yet then. Hope you’re marshaling on the final. Have fun.

High temps forecast round here again. Some rain wouldn’t go amiss.

I can hear a sound outside, above the birdsong. Sounds like a high whirring or humming. Thought it was my ears at first but it must be from the industrial estate or steelworks if the air is carrying the sound.

Sassy, can you hear the sea from your rooms. I remember you’re not that far away. Now that I would like, to hear the sea when I wake. I’m sure I would never tire of it.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

tis cold...raining, wintery.
Got 10km walk in with dog. Depression high, memories of booze fuelled bad behaviour come unbidden.
No matter, life on it's own terms.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:39 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Mags, if I lived on the other side of the building I could wake up to ocean sounds! That’s the ‘high-rent district’ though. My only water view is the pool. Even though the ocean can get quite dramatic here at times, it is somewhat sheltered - more of a bay. I do get a lovely ocean view from the third floor dining room.

PJ, sorry your depression is so tough I had that for many years and it was miserable. Somehow I did finally get past it. I hope you do, too.

Bekind, is it my imagination or are you feeling more “up”?

Hi Toots and same to Dee and everyone!

Have a terrific Tuesday

Old 07-12-2022, 07:17 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hello Overs,

I'm feeling better than I did a few days ago Sassy. In spite of anti-depressants, I still have ups and downs. I'm watching PJ and his new dog with curiosity as it could be a good thing for me too.

My busy day yesterday was nice: Dad's 87th bday so we zoomed, took neighbors to dentist, carpet cleaner came, root beer floats at a friend's house by the river.

Not much on the docket for the day. I hope to get the house cleaned up and put back together after the carpet cleaning, call about my voter registration, do some weeding.

I'm listening to a biography on John Adams our second president. Interesting.

I have been eating badly of late and not getting exercise . . . ugh.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:30 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

walking the dog helps me begin to join the human race
Old 07-12-2022, 09:59 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

PJ - what a great statement!

Belated congrats on 13 FBL!

We go a beach house and a few days away. I don’t recall getting a break for a long long time.

BB discovered kitchen cabinets (or more specifically the pots and pans and wooden spoons) as ours are all child proofed at home and SisK is old enough to not just run into the surf nonstop so I actually got a bit of time to just sit on the beach and literally just sit!

heading home tomorrow.

(we lost water all week and couldn’t get a plumber to come any earlier, so the timing of our trip worked out!)
Old 07-12-2022, 11:43 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

PJ I’m glad you have Roxy. She may help you my friend, I think she has already. hugs to you and Roxy

SE, pleased you got away to the beach. Do ya think BB has musical tendencies.ie. Drummer hope your water at home is soon sorted.

Bekind, that’s a nice thought, you thinking of a dog. She or he could go with you on your travels.

Sassy, must be a lovely view whilst in the dining room. ❤️
We went to Croatia a while back. The sunset lounge and dining room looked out onto the Adriatic ocean. It was beautiful. All the rooms had a sea view too. I loved seeing the sunset on the water. Funnily enough Kenton (an Sr member and friend) went for a holiday to Croatia not long ago and stayed in the same hotel and no, not the same room but a couple of doors up.

Another warm night here. And the sun has just peeped through. I don’t think it’ll be too hot today. Famous last words.

Old 07-13-2022, 12:07 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Try and keep cool Mags

SE glad you're enjoying your break

Peej, every time you feel a negative thought, try to make a conscious effort to counteract it with a thought of something positive that's come out of your sobriety. It may not be much but it may help. I would also say that it tells of the character you now are that you feel shame, someone shallow and self serving wouldn't.

Hi Sass, hope all is well with you.

The woman I spent most of Sunday with text yesterday to say she now has covid. I cancelled my shift today at the Open, as I'm not now on until Saturday. That leaves time for me to be sure I'm not carrying the dreaded bug. I hope not, as we also move house next Tuesday and covid would be an added complication.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:38 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots, hope you haven’t caught it. Being outdoors helped I’m sure. Crikey you move next Tuesday. That’s brilliant.
We’re still patiently waiting for the owner to get her new deeds
Old 07-13-2022, 02:50 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I will try that toots, thanks. The circle of thoughts ,feelings and action are all connected.
I decided today I would keep pushing distance with dog walks, thinking it may help alleviate the crap feelings.
Five hours, 20km later..nope. At least I will sleep.
Old 07-13-2022, 04:13 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

A quick fly-by as I head into a crazy day. Thinking of all of you
Old 07-13-2022, 08:01 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Five hours, 20km later..nope. At least I will sleep.
Irk. Sometimes I would start a run crying and finish a run crying (back when running was possible). Mostly exercise helps me but not always. Bill Wilson of AA fame was a depressive and spent a lot of time walking.

I felt off yesterday morning so finally took a nap and that perked me up.

Today I'm hoping to unload the dishwasher, iron the overskirt, clean house and get some exercise.

May we all rise to whatever terms life throws us today.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:39 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Another rapid fly-by - gotta get a bunch of papers ready for my meeting with lawyer tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2022, 05:30 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

That is a lot of walking PJ! Walking has become my main exercise, as my knees can't take cycling as well anymore.

SE, glad you got away on a mini vacation.

Have a good day all!
Old 07-14-2022, 08:23 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I have friends coming to spend the night. I get a bit anxious about having guests but it is good for me as it get me up and doing stuff.

So I'm off to tidy the house a bit and then work a bit outside while it is cool.

Tally ho all.