Notices

One Year & Over Part 87

Old 09-06-2022, 10:00 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Sassy, do you take a brolly if it’s raining. Though yes, it can be slippery underfoot. Didn’t think of that.

There’s some movement on the house front. We’re hoping to sign the contract in the next week…..she says patiently. Please..pretty please.

Started my rescue meds this morning (steroids and antibiotics) so hopefully I’ll start to feel improvement in the next day or so.

My quiet time in a morning is disturbed because Mr. Mags has decided he’ll get up when he wakes up instead of trying to go back to sleep, Selfish of me I know but I love the first couple of hours in a morning when all is still except me and my thoughts. Hopefully it’s a ‘one-off’ and won’t like being up this early. 😉

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 09-07-2022, 07:46 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Feel better soon, Mags! I hope house thing goes without more snags :hugs:

Happy Hump Day to all
Old 09-07-2022, 11:51 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hello all,

I'm feeling very pleased with myself as I got out this morning and went for a bike ride. A friend was riding up valley on the bike path and I rode down valley until we met up and then we rode a bit together back up valley. I felt way better doing it than I expected.

So I'm hoping to get some house chores done this afternoon.

Have a good one all and everyone.

Old 09-08-2022, 03:41 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

That’s good, Bekind! I often have a hard time getting moving to get some exercise (hate that word!) but when I do, I typically feel much better.

Have a terrific Thursday to all
Old 09-08-2022, 11:05 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags give him some early morning chores, he'll soon relearn the joys of a lie in!
Old 09-08-2022, 08:31 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Overs -

I’m feeling sad today with the passing of QE2 - feels like a last connection to an era. I was also sad by Gorbachev’s passing as well.

K story. I found a plastic ring and gave it to K and she says “this is one of mine. The one that i never had before”. Ha ha - she can certainly fit the world into her will.

she then continued on “it’s a special magic ring that turns people into a non-shark.”

so you can all now rest easier at night knowing that if you are ever become a shark, there is a magic ring out there to turn you into not-a-shark”

also it’s been like 108 here for days which is insane bc it’s usually gets down to 50 at night with costal fog and up to 85. 108 is nuts!
Old 09-08-2022, 10:07 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Toots, his early morning jaunt was short lived…I’m pleased to say!

SE, I love the adaption of the ring by SisK. I rest easily that if I turn into a shark I can call on K to turn me back again. . My friend’s grandson was on a leaving parade from nursery school to junior school. When asked what he wanted to be when he grew up….yeah you guessed it…a shark! No ring needed on this occasion K.

Our news is full of Queen Elizabeth and her life stories and duties to the throne. She was a devoted queen to her people. ❤️

Attending my friend’s funeral this morning. She was a very happy, nature loving person who was loved by many. There will be much laughter and reminiscing, just as she’d like it. R.I.P. dear Jan, you shining light will never fade in my heart, love. ❤️

Love to all the Overs….Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 09-08-2022, 11:34 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yes the end of the second Elizabethan era, long live Charles 3rd.

SE Perhaps your daughter can visit a few lawyers offices. Just saying.

Mags, glad you get your peaceful hours back!

Have a good one everyone
Old 09-09-2022, 12:45 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Now you’ve got me laughing this early morning! What would the world do if all “sharks” became nice people because of sisK’s magic ring?

I was sad to hear of the passing of Queen Elizabeth. I still remember going to my neighbor’s house to watch her coronation on TV. We didn’t have a TV yet so that was pretty amazing. Whenever I see clips of her coronation on the news, the memories are still sharp. I remember reading at the time that the big crown is so heavy that she had to practice wearing it and walking with it.

SE, I heard from my Cali sister the other day and she said it was 105 deg F where she was.

So sorry about your friend, Mags. For some people it feels so “right” to celebrate their lives with laughter and loving remembrances.

Have a relaxing Friday to all
Old 09-09-2022, 04:15 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Mags.

I had to call my Mom when I heard about the Queen's passing as she was always a follower of the Royal Family. I have vivid memories of her staying up all night to watch the wedding of Charles and Diana.

Fran is doing much better. So much so that plans to call in hospice have been called off for now!

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 09-09-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-88-a.html (One Year & Over Part 88)

D