Notices

One Year & Over Part 87

Old 07-05-2022, 04:24 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Many, many thanks to all of you for the incredible support and acceptance. I’m feeling more grounded today and have reflected on it all. Somehow I hadn’t expected to go through this again though it’s not really surprising.

FBL, very much agree with your comment about the divisions in our country. It leaves me feeling sad, too.

Mags, perhaps a tiny bit of guilt can keep us from going back to all the misery we used to live with. I hope the hand therapy helps.

PJ, I hope Roxy does as much for you as my four-footed furry friends have done (and still do) for me I think they also have an anti-depressant effect.

Bekind, my recliner is like your couch

Purps, sorry your boss is a tough one. That sounds stressful.

Toots, what day is the big tournament? I want to watch to see if I can spot you!

Hi Dee and everyone, have a lovely Tuesday

Old 07-05-2022, 05:05 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Got some much needed rain yesterday. It mostly put a damper on the neighbors shooting off fireworks, but I still heard a few loud boomers around 10 PM last night.

I sent my friend Ev a poem about my recovery and she put it to music. I never thought I'd get a songwriting credit, so that's cool!
Lucky Me

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 07-05-2022, 10:55 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Very sore back. GP prescribed muscle relaxant not effective. It is day 3 post my jarring impact fall. Worstest day 3. Also took big nose (dog) to a new wetlands space, on the edge the city on the way back from GP. A converted horse racing venue. Every man and his dog were there. Dog got very overstimulated and she lunged at every dog she could see. A few hundred times. She is a cattle dog, all muscle, not an inch of fat. So the lunges again, jarred my arm and my stupid back. Only 2h walkies today. The first walk was at 0630, so Roxy could wizz before 45m drive to doc. I first saw him when I lived a few streets 6y ago when I first got sober. Worth the drive. Ayhow at 0630 it was dark, cold (2 degrees C). Despite wearing gloves, my hands turned purple and they went numb. Doc happy with my mental health progress.
Attached Images
Old 07-05-2022, 11:49 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hope your back improves soon Peej, keep working with Roxy, I'm sure she will learn soon enough, she is an intelligent breed.

Sass sorry about your daughter, to a lesser extent I've had to live with the fact my step daughter thinks very little of me and is very dismissive of me. It's sad when I care so much for her. I tell myself it's her loss, but it still hurts. As for the golf I am on the tenth hole the morning of Sunday 10th, the afternoons of the following weds, Fri and Sat and the final Sunday morning! I am telling strangers! my mum is hyper excited for me and telling all her friends
Old 07-06-2022, 01:28 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Sassy I wondered when toots would be on the tenth hole too

Thanks toots, we'll be watching out for you. I’m excited for you too.

PJ, pleased the doc was happy with your progress.

Therapist was happy with my hand progress too. My fingers are not as bent. She has this hand measured to see how bent they are or how far they’ve straightened. I could tell by looking at them but she sees hundreds of hands and won’t remember mine.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 07-06-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hope you find some relief for your back PJ…

Glad you’re having some positive progress Mags

Hello to everyone
Old 07-06-2022, 01:43 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Purps
Old 07-06-2022, 05:45 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

FBL - terrific poem by you and song by Ev!

Thanks, Toots :-). And yes, it is sad when people we love don’t reciprocate.

PJ, our furry friends can be better than A-Ds! Roxy sounds like a handful but I think you’ll be able to work with her.

Mags, progress is good

Hi Purps and everyone
Old 07-06-2022, 06:52 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

FBL, lucky us to have you! I'm grateful to everyone of you trying to stay sober and live a bit better.

I'm back in the mountains for the foreseeable future and it is delightfully cold here.

So much bad news although, of course, media is a business and bad news attracts watchers. I try to turn the bad news into a game like a drinking game where every time someone says X the players drink; with this game I play with the news, every time there is bad news I do something positive (exercise, extra oral hygiene, mediation, work on my finances). It is like how alcoholism has been turned into humility in this group; making good from the bad.

So I'm getting off the couch and going for "doing stuff about stuff".

Old 07-06-2022, 12:01 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Got plenty of much needed rain in Northern Illinois. The corn and the soybeans are happy.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:07 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bit of a dull start, weather wise, to the day. Even the birds are quiet. Mind you, I’m just about out of bird food. Need a trip to the market for more. There’s a stall that makes savoury and sweet pies, just like home made. Not my home made pies, you understand. Nobody would want them.

Day off from mum-in-law’s today so visiting my friend and going to said market.
It’s my step-mum’s birthday on Sunday, she’ll be 96 years. I’ll get her some homemade local jams and some honey. She loves those.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:59 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

really nice tune and poignant lyrics Ev and FBL - thank you

D
Old 07-07-2022, 05:38 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Bekind, that’s a very, very positive idea!

Have a lovely Thursday, friends
Old 07-07-2022, 07:44 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good morning all as I trail into Thursday behind most of you.

I mostly gardened yesterday but also did the boring adult tasks of scheduling a carpet cleaning and renewing some meds. Patting myself on the back.

Today, I want to deal with programing the garage door opener and find another piece of the overskirt pattern.

May you all have a good one.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:50 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Just had some Greek yoghurt with honey and I added fruit. Very nice. Hope I can follow the healthy eating through the day.

Bekind I hope you got the programming done on your garage door opener. Sounds complicated.

Sun’s just coming out. There was a big crow or jackdaw just strutting round the front lawn. He seemed happy in his strutting.

Old 07-08-2022, 12:47 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Got a new smart watch from Amazon. The documentation is not the greatest. Figuring out what it can do and how to do it has been a challenge.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:16 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Dickensen. I got a cheapie smart watch and it worked well for many things, Took a bit of maneuvering to start with.

Hope it’s a good weekend for all of us. . Hope it’s not too cold in Aussie land.

Lots of love xxxx
Old 07-09-2022, 03:16 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Dickensen, seems to me that many products now no longer have manuals even though in some cases they can help a lot.

Have a lovely Saturday
Old 07-09-2022, 08:01 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hey ho all,

It is a lovely day here and I have a dinner date tonight; friends have invited me to go out to dinner to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary.

In step with Dickensen, I'm hoping to go head to head with technology today. My garage door opener has vanquished me once before so I want to got to battle again today.

Also a trip to our local shopping center and putting registration stickers on my VW van.

May all be well for everyone.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:29 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Toots, have a good week Marshalling.

Sassy, I usually can’t read the instruction booklets on small items. I take a photo of it so I can enlarge the words.

Bekind. Hope you get your garage door opener sorted out. Fingers (and toes) crossed. Enjoy dinner with your friends too. Be a lovely evening.

I’m off to visit my step mum today. It’s her 96 th birthday. It will be nice to visit as we haven’t seen her for quite a while.

Have a lovely day my friends. xxxx