Notices

One Year & Over Part 87

Old 06-30-2022, 12:01 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags I've seen them, let me know how you get on with it I quite like the idea of one for Spain!
Old 06-30-2022, 12:30 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Magsie

Will do toots.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Mags I need one of those! I may have to get one too
Old 06-30-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

They look good Purps. Mine’s coming this afternoon so I’ll let you know how I get on with it. The idea looks good though.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:46 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey ho Overs,

I'm about to start my last day of my child care stint. The days are indeed long. Yesterday went pretty well but still long.

In between taking care of the kids, I hope to do some laundry, text sister-in-law, and call a neighbor. Yep I'm an ambitious person.

Have a good one all.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Mags, I’ve heard of those “personal fans”. I’m also interested in what you think.

Have a terrific Thursday
Old 06-30-2022, 05:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

We are adapting, dog and me both. I have been alone post burns-and eventual sobriety since Nov. 2015 and many years b4 burns when boozing. That, plus a truckload of mental health disagnosis- having a living thing is very out of comfort zone. What others, including psychologists etc, consider to be very difficult, dsyfunctional,trama based mental health status, has been my normal. Small steps.
Me and dog are on a steep learning curve.
I wAS offline all last night 'cos the large data, getting online-whatever is the correct jargon, had (another) Australia wide outage. The inner critical voice expressed extreme annoyance. Recovery voice kicks in to remind moi I am not homeless anymore, or being bombed in a war, or infirm in a wheelchair- so just accept, letgo of negative emotions and move on.
Attached Images
PhoenixJ is online now Report Post
Old 06-30-2022, 05:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

18 months sober

18 months! Yes….and completed six months on AD’s….Feelin a lot better….Passed my physical exam….normal blood work…Normal cholesterol, normal blood sugar….

Havent been or felt this ‘normal’ in over a decade.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:41 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Awesome job Intro!!!!
Old 06-30-2022, 06:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Magsie

Great news Intro. Good work.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:47 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Introvrtd

D
Old 07-01-2022, 01:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

That's really good Introv.

Watching current affairs piece on TV station for/by Idigenous people on a treatment rehab (D&A) centre for/by Indigenous people in my little state of South Australia....the Ind. population have a 40% number of their population affected by D & A. It looks good.

Saw psychologist, seen her for years. Given all I've dealt with/am dealing with-re the major depression/anxiety, I am 'doing very well'.

Roxy was good,she had to come too. She can jump 6 foot fences and could get tangled in a lead on a run...also she won't let me out of her sight. I got to the psycholady's consult rooms early and took dog for 10m do her business walk. She was in the car for about 45m. With ventilation. I added a little milk to water- which she drank pre car ride, so well hydrated. When I got back to the car post consult- she was lying on the back seat, in no apparent distress. The another do business walk, then home. Add a walk am and pm, about 2h all up....she is sleeping next to me on da couch.Attached Images
Old 07-01-2022, 02:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Way to go, Intro! Amazing how the body can bounce back from years of abuse.

PJ, I'm lovin' how you're dealing with life these days. You are freaking amazing!!

Got some quality work done on my project this week. Things are settling down since the funeral. The grief hits me at times, but I know it's a process and will eventually pass. I can't explain how awesome it is to go thru this experience 100% sober and present. Man, do I love recovery!!!

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!
Old 07-01-2022, 04:40 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

That’s great, Intro! Life does, indeed, get better and better

PJ, glad you are feeling challenged by Roxy :-). Our four-footed friends bring us a different perspective on life.

FBL, agreed!

I’m going through some challenges (again) with my daughter. She doesn’t hesitate to blast me. It’s a painful situation. She does have some valid points yet I’m at a point in my life where I feel past the point where I want to spend a lot of time and energy “fixing” myself. I’ve been working more on acceptance and she definitely interferes with that.

Have a fantastic Friday, Overs
Old 07-01-2022, 06:22 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Great job Intro. You are thriving in sobriety.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:30 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Afternoon Overs

FBL, I agree, we can deal with life a lot better in recovery. I love it.

Sassy, sorry you’re having some challenges with your daughter. You seem to me to be at a happy place in your life. I’m sure she is just concerned/worried for you but it makes it difficult for you.

The fan is good. Though it’s not as quiet as professed it’s still quieter than my electric fan. It’s flexible so can be moved in closer to your neck. Doesn’t feel like the material it’s made from will make you sweaty. (Tmi) One thing though. The one I purchased has holes going most of the way round but not at the back of the neck. Mr. Mags says there are some that have the holes all the way round the back. Not sure if it’ll make a difference, but I suspect it will. There is a draught from it at the back of my neck. But not as strong as the sides and front.

It’s pretty powerful for its size though. Initial thoughts are it’s a handy piece of kit that will help keep me cool.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 07-01-2022, 03:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

that's good Mags
Old 07-01-2022, 04:28 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Intro and PJ, thanks for both of your relatively good news. Weird how with sobriety the "bad" news of FBL grieving is still kind of "good" news.

I had a low key day and actually got in a bit of yoga. Also went to Subaru and had someone help me with getting my bluetooth to work. Yippee.

Tomorrow I hope to get out before it gets too hot. A bike ride would be fabulous!

Carry on all.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:18 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, you just reminded me of how I used to cope with bad news when I drank. I drank more (if that was even possible). I put on a brave front when I was sober (again, if being sober was even possible). Then “I drowned my sorrows”. I was really good at doing that. What a mess I was. So, so glad I got off that crazy ride.

Have a good weekend my friends xxxx

Old 07-02-2022, 05:47 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Me too, Mags!

Daughter is bipolar and wicked smart - a difficult combination. She can sometimes run rings around me. There are occasional good moments when we connect and others when it’s World War III. Sigh. Both physically and emotionally I can’t take much more.

Have a good Saturday, my friends