Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 08-22-2021, 10:58 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Why? What happened? You were so excited a few days ago.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:05 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I think I'm just depressed.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:23 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

OK, I get that. But don't give up. s

All of the sugar from yesterday might have caused a crash.
I know it would for me.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
well i have taken it, so no turning back. Did have a moment on thinking will i just have a drink and take it in a couple of days time. so i have taken my first step in sorting out my problem with drink and its out of my hands now which is the same as going down to my daughters who wont let me drink when down there anyway, so i choosed to do this and dont have to worry about making decision to have alcohol. so there we are.
That's wonderful Erratic! You're on your way
Old 08-22-2021, 11:50 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Thanks for the congrats, Someday, Erratic, Clear. No firm wedding plans yet, but it will be small with a big party at a later date. My fiancée would like to get married before the end of the year!

I just ate a sandwich and am slowly returning to normal. One thing I need to do as I ponder what other things I can do when the AV comes knocking is post here every single day, even if it is to just write “check in”. I have noticed when I step away, even for just few days, I tend to listen to that AV more than normal. I just need to make checking in here a part of my daily routine just like I do walking, gym, etc.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
Congratulations on your engagement! You must be so happy! x
A small wedding with a big party afterwards is exactly what my sister did and it worked out so well.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:55 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
OK, I get that. But don't give up. s

All of the sugar from yesterday might have caused a crash.
I know it would for me.
Good thinking venuscat! I'd crash too.

Hang in there freedomfries, you'll most likely feel much better soon
Old 08-22-2021, 12:02 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Congratulations LHW! When's the wedding? Are we invited? LOL! So happy for you.

Okay guys, I'm not in that bad of shape. I just tend to get a little sentimental in the evenings. I have three great kids and two (soon to be three) grandkids with whom I have great relationships. In fact, I'm leaving here soon to go meet my sister and one of my kids for breakfast. I've got my running and gardening, etc. I just don't have that special someone yet. But I'm super happy and excited about where my new life is heading. It truly does feel like a new life.

Sounds like everyone is doing well today. You guys are the best. Will check back later when I have more time.
You garden too? Ornamental? Food? That's awesome!
Hope you enjoyed your breakfast
Old 08-22-2021, 12:04 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 3 here. Upset that I drank quite a bit this month. I really let stresses get to me. It's so silly because I can think back to two huge stress of mine starting the summer and I stayed sober throught them and they both ended up fine. So I really need to not let AV sway me with stress. Its just dumb and I know drinking just adds more to the problem.

My hubby is gone on a kind of dangerous 2 week vacation with 2 buddies. I get to do all of the start of school things with my boys by myself. I've been mad about the timing of this trip for over a year now, time to let it go! And we had a cancer scare with my father (just lost my mom to pancreatic cancer a few years ago, and 6 significant family members in the past 5 years)... and then he got covid and spent all of last week in the hospital, he is home now. It was super awkward dealing with his wife last week. Of course drank over that. Whew.

New page now. I did a smart meeting this morning. Cleaning some things I've let slide. I find it so much easier to clean with my husband away. Things will get even more clean after the boys are back in school a few days! Lol.

This class is looking great.

Congrats LHW!!

Erratic I'm glad you took your antabuse. I've had the thought the past few days that if I cannot get this under control by myself by the end of the year I will ask my doctor for antabuse. Stick close to the class, you've got this!

FF I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. Good job not drinking the past few days. I know you have it rough, but you are so brave being here and trying constantly to sort yourself out. Be gentle with yourself.

❤❤
Old 08-22-2021, 12:15 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

We talk a lot about stress in this day and age, but sometimes I think it is a coverall, a word we use when we are dealing with complicated issues and emotions. Well, that is how it is for me, anyway.

Sounds to me like you were not heard on your feelings over this trip your husband is on. That would hurt. So there is hurt and anger and actual stress over having to do everything for school prep on your own. Especially after the scare with your dad last week....that must have been terrible.

A huge amount to deal with honey. s

So onward together with a new day and a new plan. And I hope that plan includes loving things that you do for yourself dear Citrus.
How is your yarn and knitting going?

And is that cinnamon rolls I smell?

❤️

Old 08-22-2021, 12:30 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
You garden too? Ornamental? Food? That's awesome!
Hope you enjoyed your breakfast
So what is your gardening bent dear kitten?

I guess you know I am the poster child for Plants Anonymous. xx
Old 08-22-2021, 12:45 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Oh Citrus I would be hurt if my husband went on a trip with such bad timing too. Well, if I had a husband but I know what you mean. I'd feel like he didn't care. It's great that you're able to let it go but I'd tell him how it made me feel if you haven't already. Communication is so important, he needs to know.
Being that I'm single I probably shouldn't be advising anyone on relationships so I'll shut up now.

Anyway, you're on day 3! You'll have gone through those horrid first few days and can look forward to feeling better day by day now Plus you already got a Smart meeting in and are cleaning! I could barely get out of bed on day 3 so you are an amazing person. x
Old 08-22-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

So what is your gardening bent dear kitten?

I guess you know I am the poster child for Plants Anonymous. xx
Ornamental, rare beautiful and fragrant plants. I worked as a volunteer at USF Botanical Gardens for years so my backyard was so full you could barely see the neighbors homes. There was already tons of oaks and palms along the property lines so it was easy to fill. Remember you saw some of my pics when I used them as avatars. Go look at my profile pic.

Plus I became a master gardener at my local extension. So yeah you better make room on the poster for me too.
Old 08-22-2021, 01:01 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Oh, yes.....I remember the master gardener part!!! Super Cool!! And I will go check out your pics.

Gosh we are so opposite...I am allergic to all of the fragrant flowers (almost) and I have this crazy secret garden filled with lanterns and lights and mosaic bird feeders and flowers that is not ornamental.....very Aquarian of me. xxxx

.....the poster now has two cats on it. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-22-2021, 01:36 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Oh, yes.....I remember the master gardener part!!! Super Cool!! And I will go check out your pics.

Gosh we are so opposite...I am allergic to all of the fragrant flowers (almost) and I have this crazy secret garden filled with lanterns and lights and mosaic bird feeders and flowers that is not ornamental.....very Aquarian of me. xxxx

.....the poster now has two cats on it. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Perfect poster! xxxxxxxxxx
I saw your lanterns and lights, they're gorgeous!
Do we have photo galleries on this site? If not I'll figure out how to post pics (again) and show you more.
Old 08-22-2021, 01:45 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

https://postimages.org/

and

https://imgur.com/

are both good and easy to use. xx s
Old 08-22-2021, 02:05 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Thank you guys ❤
To be honest hubby and I are at a communication all time low at the moment. I have a feeling it may culminate to a big blow up on both sides when he gets back from his trip. Maybe not, I'm trying not to think about it at the moment. It does me no good to get worked up about it while he's gone. But he is not normally pleasant when he comes home from spending time with these two. And they are actually family so there is no avoiding spending time with them, not that he would anyway. Lol. But the one has been a drain on our relationship from the moment we started dating, he didn't like me encroaching on their time together.... yadda yadda + 22 years. It's just something I deal with and have gratitude that he doesn't live in the same state anymore.

Wow, that was more than I was going to say on that! Haha.

I am so jealous of you two gardening! I am just awful at keeping anything green alive! I'll just live vicariously.

I'll have to take some pics of my current knitting and spinning.
I finished a nice shawl last week and the yarn I bought was not dyed correctly and it ran and ruined all of the work. Thank goodness I've only had that happen to me a few times in many, many years of knitting. Kinda fit in with how my week went! So I'm sure this weeks projects will go much more smoothly.

Got the middle teen to mow the lawn, it was starting to look a bit like a jungle. Ha, just found one green thing I can grow.
It has been a very good productive Sunday. (Though no cinnamon rolls Suze, just pancakes).
Old 08-22-2021, 02:20 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Socks, from the toe up. Very early bit of knitting on those! And fiber I'm spinning. Both new projects to cleanse me od the fail last week.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:04 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh....look at that yarn. Those colours. Just divine. ❤️
Old 08-22-2021, 03:47 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Citrus, I'm a knitter, too! Your yarn colors are GORGEOUS.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:14 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thank you both.
VikingGF always good to be with a fellow knitter!