Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 08-20-2021, 09:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Whats your plan for when the urge comes upon you to drink again FF?

D
Practice AVRT I guess.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why do you think it didn't work the other day FF?

D
Old 08-20-2021, 10:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Numblady View Post
Polaroid—hope you were able to go get some support instead of the vodka.

FF, hope the 30 day plan works out.

I had more to say but just had a big fight with my husband. I’m trying to stick up for myself and let myself feel anger instead of trying to keep his feelings calm. But it’s very unsteadying. On the plus side it actually makes me glad I’m sober. At least I have the peace of mind that it’s not alcohol fueling my emotions. Ugh. Just feel sad.
Been there, actually still in the middle of there, with the hubby. I'm sorry, it's a very hard and lonely place to be. Especially when your trying to better yourself. You are doing great! Way better then me lol, but don't give up. Appreciate your post.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Why do you think it didn't work the other day FF?

D
I guess because there was no ambivalence. I just wanted to drink. I was 100% firm in my decision. But I don't want to drink moving forward.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
sry to hear about ur fight numblady x u should be proud that u didnt drink xx hugs to u hun xx
I thought last night that i will actually give another 24hrs for alcohol to be out of my system and make sure its 3 days before i take the tablet, so i will take the tablet tomo morning instead. so day 3 for me. This is usually my bad day, but looks like i could be bz due to husband has something wrong with his foot and its been like this for a week, it gets swollen and he is in agony with it, so im hoping after a week he will seek some help and that prob mean a trip to hospital. so that could be my plan today lol.

FF can i ask u when did u take ur antiabuse and did u feel sleepy with it?

good to see so many posts this morning, great job to everyone time of sobriety xxx
Old 08-20-2021, 11:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I had no side effects from Antabuse other than psychosis, but I'm on other meds that cause drowsiness so I wouldn't have noticed really if the Antabuse added to it. I took it in the morning first thing.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks FF x will go ahead with morning and see how things go x i am also on other meds but they dont really make me sleepy. so fingers crossed no side efffects.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Today is supposed to be day 1 of my 30 Day Fix My Life Before College challenge but I'm just not feeling it. I'm going to set myself some small goals for today, nothing too ambitious.
  • go for a walk
  • read 20 pages of Rational recovery
  • Change sheets, clean room
  • Shave and shower
  • Do 3 sets of push ups and 3 sets of curls
  • Meditate for ten minutes
Some small attainable goals since I'm a little hungover (from only 200ml vodka! Guess it affected my sleep).
Old 08-21-2021, 02:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I guess because there was no ambivalence. I just wanted to drink. I was 100% firm in my decision. But I don't want to drink moving forward.
I'm not sure what RR book you're working from but I'd guess any and all of them have ideas on how to deal with that ambivalence.

If you're not using a book,maybe asking for guidance in our Permanent Abstinence Based Recovery forum is a good idea.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ased-recovery/

D
Old 08-21-2021, 02:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have the Rational Recovery book.

Having some AV now, and thinking of borrowing money for "cigarettes" to buy vodka. This is supposed to be day 1 of my new life, it's very disappointing to have these thoughts.

Just trying to dismiss this as AV and ignore it.

It probably doesn't help that yesterday's drinking went so well. I drank the naggin (200ml) on the way home and nobody smelled the alcohol on me.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

You keep saying it went well - surely you can identify that as classic AV, FF?

it sounds like you’re suffering under the delusion you can at least sometimes control the outcome when you drink….that delusion sits there waiting to be used as rationalisation the next time you have the desire or opportunity to drink.

That can’t fit in with your stated aim of never drinking again.

Drinking alcohol, any amount, for an alcoholic is disastrous.

D
Old 08-21-2021, 03:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi all, I am up to day 26 now. Feeling good. Attending AA and working the steps with a sponsor has helped more than I can say but it takes up a lot of time of which I dont have much to spare hence not posting here for a while. I will try to post more often as I need to make sure I use all the tools I have to push forward in recovery.
Have a great 24!
Old 08-21-2021, 04:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 26 Phil.

D
Old 08-21-2021, 05:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

congrats phil on 26!!!
Old 08-21-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
…Having some AV now, and thinking of borrowing money for "cigarettes" to buy vodka. This is supposed to be day 1 of my new life, it's very disappointing to have these thoughts.
freedomfries, I‘m not surprised that you are having those thoughts, given that earlier on you decided to drink. You seem to think that day 1 of your new life somehow owes you something, whereas we know it‘s the other way round. I also get the impression that you don‘t regret drinking that vodka at all. I think now is the time to seriously do something to get your head back in the right place again, else I think you‘re likely going to end belly up before you know it.

Why not have a honest talk with your parents and listen to what they have to say? They know after all that you have a problem and are trying to sober up.

I can see that you are an intelligent, polite and good natured person. Don‘t let that go to waste by just giving up now.

I‘m normally not one for tough love at all, but I say this to you because I‘ve been following your threads and wish for you to succeed.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Drank hard yesterday. Passed out and woke up in the middle of the night. Didn't sleep a wink after that. Feel like death today. Have family coming over later to celebrate my upcoming birthday. I can only make it a couple of days without a drink and then I cave. Will it ever end..
Old 08-21-2021, 06:23 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi AC

what kinds of things have you been doing to help you not to drink?

D
Old 08-21-2021, 06:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi all. I keep bobbing in and out of here depending on what’s going on. Nice to see you all! I’m 125 days sober today. Still feel tired all the time so I’m getting blood tests and am trying to overhaul my diet. I will get there but what I do know is that I love this sober life and don’t want to return to my alcoholic life ever!! I have a broken tooth ugh so waiting on dentist on Monday so I’m just resting and watching black books with my lad. Always makes me laugh even tho it’s about an alcoholic Irish man who runs a book shop badly! My youngest starts senior school in two weeks so I’m feeling rather nervous about that. I know she will be fine it’s just me thinking argh my baby is growing up haha!!

Hope you all have an awesome day xx
Old 08-21-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hiiiiiii
Still sober, just spent some time in the hospital with a rehab team to get off Klonopin. So now I'm free of alcohol and benzos and Celexa. Feels fantastic!

I've missed this place
Old 08-21-2021, 06:32 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are looking up Kittencat

D