Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 08-21-2021, 06:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jo43 View Post
Hi all. I keep bobbing in and out of here depending on what’s going on. Nice to see you all! I’m 125 days sober today. Still feel tired all the time so I’m getting blood tests and am trying to overhaul my diet. I will get there but what I do know is that I love this sober life and don’t want to return to my alcoholic life ever!! I have a broken tooth ugh so waiting on dentist on Monday so I’m just resting and watching black books with my lad. Always makes me laugh even tho it’s about an alcoholic Irish man who runs a book shop badly! My youngest starts senior school in two weeks so I’m feeling rather nervous about that. I know she will be fine it’s just me thinking argh my baby is growing up haha!!

Hope you all have an awesome day xx
Congrats on 125 days Jo!
I don't know what Black Books is but I really want to watch it. Really.
I hope you feel better soon and that the blood tests identify what might be causing your tiredness. x
Old 08-21-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi AC

what kinds of things have you been doing to help you not to drink?

D
Not much. I will get on here and read a little. I will tune in to some sober podcasts or TED Talks but won't the next day or the day after that. I have tried AA more times than I can count, but the religious flavor and spiritual talk always drives me back out the door - and I promise, I'm not looking for an excuse to not be there, I'm the one who walked through the door looking to stop the drinking/abuse I'm doing to myself.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phil71els View Post
Hi all, I am up to day 26 now. Feeling good. Attending AA and working the steps with a sponsor has helped more than I can say but it takes up a lot of time of which I dont have much to spare hence not posting here for a while. I will try to post more often as I need to make sure I use all the tools I have to push forward in recovery.
Have a great 24!
Congratulations!

I've not posted in a while either... since the first week of August. We can post more now
Old 08-21-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AC82 View Post
Drank hard yesterday. Passed out and woke up in the middle of the night. Didn't sleep a wink after that. Feel like death today. Have family coming over later to celebrate my upcoming birthday. I can only make it a couple of days without a drink and then I cave. Will it ever end..
It will end when you end it. You came right back and posted - good on you! Give yourself the birthday gift of sobriety? I hope you can get some sleep in before family get there x
Old 08-21-2021, 07:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jo43 View Post
Hi all. I keep bobbing in and out of here depending on what’s going on. Nice to see you all! I’m 125 days sober today. Still feel tired all the time so I’m getting blood tests and am trying to overhaul my diet. I will get there but what I do know is that I love this sober life and don’t want to return to my alcoholic life ever!! I have a broken tooth ugh so waiting on dentist on Monday so I’m just resting and watching black books with my lad. Always makes me laugh even tho it’s about an alcoholic Irish man who runs a book shop badly! My youngest starts senior school in two weeks so I’m feeling rather nervous about that. I know she will be fine it’s just me thinking argh my baby is growing up haha!!

Hope you all have an awesome day xx
That tv show was sensational Jo.

And congrats on 125 days ~ good to see you. xx
Old 08-21-2021, 07:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
Hiiiiiii
Still sober, just spent some time in the hospital with a rehab team to get off Klonopin. So now I'm free of alcohol and benzos and Celexa. Feels fantastic!

I've missed this place
That is wonderful dear kitten. And great to see you too! ❤️
Old 08-21-2021, 07:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It will end when you end it. You came right back and posted - good on you! Give yourself the birthday gift of sobriety? I hope you can get some sleep in before family get there x
Gift of sobriety for my birthday would be a dream. Where I will find the courage and strength to do that... I'm just not sure.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Not much. I will get on here and read a little. I will tune in to some sober podcasts or TED Talks but won't the next day or the day after that. I have tried AA more times than I can count, but the religious flavor and spiritual talk always drives me back out the door - and I promise, I'm not looking for an excuse to not be there, I'm the one who walked through the door looking to stop the drinking/abuse I'm doing to myself.
There are lots of AA groups around that leave out the God part....secular/atheist.....they are called a few different things.
I know for sure that there are online groups that are awesome.
Not sure what your internet access is though....but if you like I will find some links for you. s
Old 08-21-2021, 07:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Gift of sobriety for my birthday would be a dream. Where I will find the courage and strength to do that... I'm just not sure.
Like I said above - you messed up but came right back and posted! That takes strength and courage so you DO have it in you. Dig deep, it's there.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
There are lots of AA groups around that leave out the God part....secular/atheist.....they are called a few different things.
I know for sure that there are online groups that are awesome.
Not sure what your internet access is though....but if you like I will find some links for you. s
I've been to some of those as well. I belonged to a local agnostic AA group for quite a while, but even working with sponsors and doing steps, etc. I could never manage to get over 10-15 days sober. I know that isn't anyone's fault but mine, so I'm not slamming the program or anything like that. The constant feeling that I am a failure makes me not even want to try sometimes.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I get that ~ we all do s

The thing is you are not a failure....you are here because you want a better life for yourself. As kitten said: dig deep.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:20 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

But you ARE trying or you wouldn't be here. Believing that you have the power to create change in your life may seem difficult or even impossible at first but it's not. You do it because that's the person you want to be.

Anyway, hope you're getting some much needed sleep in now! x
Old 08-21-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Today is so blah. I had some modest goals but I'm just in bed vaping and drinking pepsi max. Willed myself to eat some dinner four hours after it was served so that's something.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:33 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I need it today.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Wow, so much activity today! My electricity was out all morning due to a storm that blew through here last night. I've been following the posts on my phone, but seem to be physically unable to type coherently on it. The power's back and I'm back to the comfort of my PC and keyboard. Quick story. So I bought a small tub (supposed to be 3 servings) of Ben & Jerry's ice cream last night, with every intention of making it last a few days. With the power going out last night, I checked the freezer this morning and it was melting quickly. Not knowing what to do, and not knowing when the electricity would be restored, I made the only logical decision and just ate it all. There really was no other choice, right?

AC, Jo, and kittencat, thanks for posting to our little group. Glad to have you aboard. AC, if the 82 at the end of your name means what I think it means, then I'm about 18 years older than you and still trying to get this right. We are not failures. We know that there is a better way to live and we are going to figure it out. Takes some of us longer than others, but we keep going, and learning as we go. You can and will beat this.

Erratic, I hope that all is well with your husband's foot. Keep us posted. Good for you on Day 3. Keep it up!

Phil, congrats on Day 26. I'm a few behind you and feeling better and better each day.

Day 21 here. Really need to get outside and mow the lawn, trim vines, etc. After last night's storm, it's clearing and drying up today, so I guess that's the plan for later this afternoon. If I don't sound overly excited about that, it's because I'm not. Take care everyone.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Congrats on 21 days dear ClearPath! ❤️
Old 08-21-2021, 10:17 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi all Yes Clear path lot's of reading today it's been great to see it so active. First things first, yes you had no choice but to eat the ben and jerry's ClearPath Congrats to everyone on their sober time, Phil on 26 days, erratic on 3, Clearpath on 21 and Jo on 125 Good to see you KittenCat how are you?

Really glad you are here AC I think we can all relate to how you are feeling, you automatically don't qualify as a failure because you posted here which means you're still trying There are other groups other than AA and just being active here is a great tool in itself. From personal experience I have found AA great and very few that I have met are religious at all. God is mentioned a lot in fairness but it's clearly stated that it's a higher power of your own understanding. My sponsors god listens to techno apparently lol, every other word out of him is **** and ****. I didn't think we would get along but I am staying sober after feeling hopeless 3 months ago. Point i'm trying to make I guess is that it's your sobriety, your journey and being willing and openminded is all it takes to make a start. We can't do this alone, I thought I could for years which only led to many more relapses with accompanying misery.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Wow, so much activity today! My electricity was out all morning due to a storm that blew through here last night. I've been following the posts on my phone, but seem to be physically unable to type coherently on it. The power's back and I'm back to the comfort of my PC and keyboard. Quick story. So I bought a small tub (supposed to be 3 servings) of Ben & Jerry's ice cream last night, with every intention of making it last a few days. With the power going out last night, I checked the freezer this morning and it was melting quickly. Not knowing what to do, and not knowing when the electricity would be restored, I made the only logical decision and just ate it all. There really was no other choice, right?

AC, Jo, and kittencat, thanks for posting to our little group. Glad to have you aboard. AC, if the 82 at the end of your name means what I think it means, then I'm about 18 years older than you and still trying to get this right. We are not failures. We know that there is a better way to live and we are going to figure it out. Takes some of us longer than others, but we keep going, and learning as we go. You can and will beat this.
Okay I did not even think about that 82... I guess you were born the same year as I was and probably graduated high school in 82!

Of course eating the Ben & Jerry's was the right move.

Congrats on 3 weeks!
Old 08-21-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Okay I did not even think about that 82... I guess you were born the same year as I was and probably graduated high school in 82!
That is correct kittencat! Born in '64. Class of '82. Sobriety class '21. Slow learner.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:35 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by someday147 View Post
Hi all Yes Clear path lot's of reading today it's been great to see it so active. First things first, yes you had no choice but to eat the ben and jerry's ClearPath Congrats to everyone on their sober time, Phil on 26 days, erratic on 3, Clearpath on 21 and Jo on 125 Good to see you KittenCat how are you?

Really glad you are here AC I think we can all relate to how you are feeling, you automatically don't qualify as a failure because you posted here which means you're still trying There are other groups other than AA and just being active here is a great tool in itself. From personal experience I have found AA great and very few that I have met are religious at all. God is mentioned a lot in fairness but it's clearly stated that it's a higher power of your own understanding. My sponsors god listens to techno apparently lol, every other word out of him is **** and ****. I didn't think we would get along but I am staying sober after feeling hopeless 3 months ago. Point i'm trying to make I guess is that it's your sobriety, your journey and being willing and openminded is all it takes to make a start. We can't do this alone, I thought I could for years which only led to many more relapses with accompanying misery.
Hi someday! great to see you too x

Your sponsor sounds like a trip! lol What fun