Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 08-24-2021, 12:42 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
((

FF good on u getting campral i do hope it helps u x i have tried it and it worked the first time around. are u on 666mg 3x a day? or is 333mg cant remember, but glad you went to your appointment and u touched base here xx
666mg 3 times a day yeah. 333mg is for people less than 60kg. The doctor weighed me even though as a 5'9 not thin man, I'm obviously over 60kg. But with my clothes and shoes and jacket on I had an overweight BMI. :o Came home and weighed myself and confirmed my real BMI was still under 25. It should be illegal for doctors to weigh you when you're not in your boxers!
Old 08-24-2021, 12:43 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
A healthy breakfast then a walk is a GREAT start! Campral and a higher dose of Lexapro? Sounds like your doctor's visit went well
Campral seems to help a lot of people based on the reviews on drugs.com. and 5mg lexapro improved my anxiety a little bit, so I'm hopeful about 10mg.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:59 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

666mg?! That's so metal

Well, breakfast and a walk didn't happen but you ARE on an increased dosage of Lexapro and just started Campral so be kind to yourself and just rest while your body and mind adjust. I remember when I started Celexa it really threw me off for a few days/weeks. I'm happy that you're hopeful x

And yes, it should be illegal for docs to weigh us when we're fully dressed with shoes on and all!
Old 08-24-2021, 01:03 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I refused to be weighed when psyciaritrist said that would be part of the tests he ordered, there is no hell anyone will weigh me as its to much of a trigger. good that ur on the higher dose, as im sure it will work for you x
i should get myself back to the gym myself, but holding out until im more used to taking tablets and feel better about myself. still working on moving forward. Done my mood cards and have my journals to write in the evenings just need to find something to do with myself in between times. Its going to be a knuckle ride today as it will be actually7 days i think AF but 3 days on tablets. i may go out and meet a old work friend for a coffee, will see.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:11 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

7 days Erratic! That's fantastic!

I should get myself back to the gym too. Or at least do some pushups or something, I have done nothing since the pandemic started over a year ago.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:39 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I should get into a proper exercise routine too. I started couch to 5k recently but got lazy. I do a few push ups and curls every so often but I'm not consistent. Exercise would probably help my mental health. Might help me stay sober too. Maybe I'll do a little later.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:53 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Ohhhhh I’m still here. I thought I fell asleep lol
I was hoping I had.
🤔 Nobody’s here anymore.

Why did I wake at 2AM.. best have some peanut butter toast and a banana and a glass of milk. That’s my go to sleep trick 😴

eta- I have no banana! Instacart lost them or something
Old 08-24-2021, 03:06 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

ClearPath! Shhhhhhhh… go back to sleep x
Old 08-24-2021, 03:14 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
ClearPath! Shhhhhhhh… go back to sleep x
Gheesh! You woke me up with all of your carrying on. Don't you ever sleep girl?!?!
Old 08-24-2021, 03:21 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Lol!

Hushhhh.. we go back to sleep now
Old 08-24-2021, 03:24 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I'm dressing you up in a Fifth Dimension outfit and we are singing the song tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

5:15am local time here. One hour until 'go time' with the running trail. It's going to be a hot one today.

Freedomfries, how does the c25k regimen work? Do you walk/run every day, or are there rest days built in? I was looking at a beginner running program on runnersworld.com, which culminates in a 5K after one month, and there are rest days every other day. Seems like that would be manageable for you, no? Before I started getting semi-serious with my running, about a year ago, I couldn't do a quarter of a mile around my neighborhood without having to stop. Now I'm up to 6.5 miles. I have to have a rest day in between to let me knees and ankles recuperate. Doing the c25k is very similar to alcohol recovery. Focus on incremental improvements, one day at a time. It's so easy to get frustrated and give up. If you could dedicate yourself to 30 days, you'd be amazed by the progress you'll make.

P.S. I'd ditch the Monster Ultra and Pepsi Max too, as that's not doing you any favors. But I'm not asking you to turn your life upside down all at once. LOL
Old 08-24-2021, 04:14 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

It's three days a week with rest days in between runs. It's walk/run for the first few weeks then there's a 20min run at the end of week 5 then it slowly increases to 30min by week 8.

I tried getting to 5k without c25k a few months back, just running further each time. I got up to 2.8km but then I got shin splints and got a bit lazy after I recovered and after a few weeks I could only run 700m without stopping. So I started c25k last week but got lazy again after two runs. I think I'll do the third run tomorrow and continue on with the program. I always feel good after a run.

The things that would help with my mental health are hard to do because of my poor mental health. It's a vicious cycle.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:29 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Cravings getting to me. Took some ativan (the prescribed dose) and feel a bit better. But I only have eighteen Ativan left and I'm not getting another script. And I kind of need them for psychosis emergencies.

Just lying in bed drinking energy drinks and diet soda with the blinds drawn. Was out in the garden for half an hour and got some sun though.

A few beers would be nice. But playing the tape forward, it'd be a bender and I'd feel terrible for three days at the end.

I suppose I should just be happy I'm not psychotic, but now that I seem to have a handle on that, my depression and anxiety are hitting hard. I have an appt with a counselor in a few weeks but I'm not sure if we're a good match.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:33 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

With love ~ energy drinks are about the worst thing you could do for anxiety. They actually cause me to feel anxious.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:37 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good morning Queencat!
Old 08-24-2021, 04:37 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
With love ~ energy drinks are about the worst thing you could do for anxiety. They actually cause me to feel anxious.
Oh I know, believe me. But they're so addictive. :/ Can't seem to fight my self destructive tendencies.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:41 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

It's my teeth I'm most worried about. The anxiety will go when I stop drinking them but my teeth will still be damaged.

Going to go to the dentist and get some fillings and a scale and polish as soon as possible. Just need to get some blood work from the GP before they'll work on me.

I have to get my anti psychotic injection and bloods done at the mental health centre this week and I really don't want to. They'll see my self harm marks and possibly pass comment.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:46 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

lol kitten i did wonder why u was still up earlier and even now lol
have u not taken ur midday dose of campral yet FF?
i had a shower and went to bed to read for little bit and slept majority of the morning. just having a coffee just now contimplating what shall one do lol
Old 08-24-2021, 04:50 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I took it about an hour ago.

I like that it's three doses. Like when I was taking Antabuse, it was always comforting to start the day with it, like I was guaranteeing sobriety for that day. I know Campral doesn't guarantee sobriety but I like that I can take action against.my cravings three times a day.