Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 08-23-2021, 11:31 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Re knitting - I tried that as well as crocheting last year. Some of the items I tried to make are hysterical -- a crocheted hat that seemed simple when reading the instructions. I ended up using that as a cover for a flower pot. A knitted scarf - how hard can that be? Didn't really do anything with that except stuff it in a drawer. Not wearable. I even messed up a dishcloth. LOL! Maybe I will try again. Same thing with gardening. Brown thumb for sure.
LHW
LOL!
Citrus made me want to learn how to knit so I could make one of these scarves... https://youtu.be/Lfzl-2iSfbM
but if you've got a flower pot wearing the hat you crocheted I'm beginning to doubt my ability to do so. If I did knit one I'd have to fly up to NYC to Christmas shop or something just so I could wear it. BTW that is the best Gap holiday commercial ever! <3
Old 08-23-2021, 01:15 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

So we are all packed and ready to go tomorrow morning. Will be at my mother's until Saturday or Sunday. One advantage of being retired is I don't have to rush back any longer.

I may have mentioned the book "Alcohol Explained" either here in this class or back on the June class. Anyway, I got it back out and read a few chapters this afternoon. I need to read it every single day. Just a chapter here and there makes me wonder how I could ever, ever, ever have put another drop of alcohol in my body. It makes so much sense. There is a chapter that addresses why we feel despondent and depressed the morning after a binge. And then why when 5pm rolls around that very next day, you forget about how awful you felt and "have just one" again. Very good info. I highly recommend it.

Well, everyone have a good evening. I will try to check in tomorrow morning before we head out.

LHW
Old 08-23-2021, 02:10 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Sam

I think the thread would be the poorer and you’d be way worse if you stopped posting BTG
Obviously you need to add something to what you’re doing to stay sober but not posting ain’t it.

I’m sorry for the stress and worry Free but if my partner offered me wine, I’d have to explain to them why I can’t drink any alcohol ever?

D
Old 08-23-2021, 02:25 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
well done lamb!!! is there anyway of talking to us about how ur feeling hun? i used to be like u and just wrote how many days with out really opening up as i felt i couldnt but we are all here if you need a hang or a shoulder hun xx
As soon as I read this I started to cry. It’s a good release that I didn’t even know I needed. I’ve always had low self esteem. I feel I’ve failed everyone around me with my drinking. I feel i disappointed my adult daughters….they didn’t know I am an alcoholic. My husband grew up with an alcoholic mother who was never there for him. I didn’t start drinking until I was around 40. I started by drinking a glass of wine at night which progressed to a bottle a night. That no longer did it so I started with vodka. More times then not I would blackout. I decided that wasn’t working so I started drinking about 9-10 beers a night. I want to be a better person. I have an awesome family that I love and they love me. Sorry this is so long.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:27 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

We understand lamb
one of the best parts of recovery for me was regaining some self esteem…keep moving forward…you’ve got this

D
Old 08-23-2021, 04:36 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi Lamb. I bet that low self esteem is a pretty common theme here. I know that it always has been for me. After 22 days of sobriety, and the conviction that this is going to be the new reality for me, I can say that my self esteem is sky high. I'm really feeling excited about my prospects for the future. I'm hoping that the same is true for you and that you can make any amends that you feel necessary with your daughters. Most importantly, you should be proud of yourself for knowing that a change was needed, and having the courage to do it. You are a rock star in my book! Let's do this together Lamb.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:07 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi, Class, I'm just saying hello for today, I'm a little tired tonight so I'm heading for early bed to read or do some Sudoku. Or maybe even sleep~ I was woken up in the middle of the night last night by a sick dog- nothing gets you up faster than a dog or cat about to vomit! She's fine today, but I was dragging. Here is wishing everyone an easy, peaceful day/night.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:47 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sleep well, Viking GF. It’s a little before 8 where I am. Ahhh, going to sleep soon sounds so nice.

Sad for class mates who are beating themselves up. You are all worthy of love and self-kindness. Love what Dee said about regaining self-esteem. And ClearPath too! I have this shirt that I love. Got it the last long sobriety stint. Says “my favorite bars are chocolate” on it and has a cute keyhole cut out back. …

but for a good long while I didn’t feel like I was worthy of wearing it since it was one fo my sobriety rallying cries. But now I’m glad I can again.

Oh. Wasn’t actually meaning to turn it about myself. Other than to the extent I want others to feel proud too.

Citrus, that sounds like a gobsmack of stress. So happy you are staying clear headed for it but I liked what someone said about how you weren’t really heard by your husband. Hope the remainder of the trip goes well and that you are able to have whatever talk you need to have with him when he gets back.

Erratic, agree it’s good to hear you so upbeat. I mean, not that anyone is ever pressured to pretend they feel better than they do. This place is so great for a place to vent. Just meant, seemed like you were feeling genuinely good about getting started (if a little icky today) and that is nice to see.

BTG, Free, Sam, LHW, really glad you are staying close.

Loads more to say but brain is a bit kaput. Good night class!
Old 08-23-2021, 06:05 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Dream sweetly Numblady and VikingGF
Old 08-23-2021, 06:05 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Hi Lamb. I bet that low self esteem is a pretty common theme here. I know that it always has been for me. After 22 days of sobriety, and the conviction that this is going to be the new reality for me, I can say that my self esteem is sky high. I'm really feeling excited about my prospects for the future. I'm hoping that the same is true for you and that you can make any amends that you feel necessary with your daughters. Most importantly, you should be proud of yourself for knowing that a change was needed, and having the courage to do it. You are a rock star in my book! Let's do this together Lamb.
22 days of sobriety is awesome!!! I am so happy for you. I knew it was either quit drinking or die drinking. I have apologized to my daughters and explained I was embarrassed . They have been very forgiving. I agree
clearPath let’s do this together.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:08 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lamb6179 View Post
As soon as I read this I started to cry. It’s a good release that I didn’t even know I needed. I’ve always had low self esteem. I feel I’ve failed everyone around me with my drinking. I feel i disappointed my adult daughters….they didn’t know I am an alcoholic. My husband grew up with an alcoholic mother who was never there for him. I didn’t start drinking until I was around 40. I started by drinking a glass of wine at night which progressed to a bottle a night. That no longer did it so I started with vodka. More times then not I would blackout. I decided that wasn’t working so I started drinking about 9-10 beers a night. I want to be a better person. I have an awesome family that I love and they love me. Sorry this is so long.
You ARE a better person. You're a good person who just made a few bad choices. x
Old 08-23-2021, 07:41 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 4. Took my second dose of Campral and my first dose of lexapro 10mg.

The pharmacy didn't give me the Campral yesterday by mistake and I wasn't going to be able to pick it up til today. I thought it was a sign from god that I should get wasted one last time before starting it. Then the pharmacy offered to drop it to my house. Maybe a sign I should stay sober.

Not enjoying sobriety at all. Fantasizing about drinking. But I'd probably blackout drink til my money ran out if I started. And it would be carnage. But lying in bed drinking Monster ultra and pepsi max isn't doing me much good, especially with my anxiety and with my recent dentist visit not going well.
​​​​​​
I'd like to do something with my day. I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll take a walk later this morning. That'd be a good start. I should probably eat a healthy breakfast.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:58 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
RAL

hi everyone
Been reading but not posting. BTG and LHW-that's exactly how I feel. I liar. Lying to myself and everyone else. I say I'm going to stop, get to a week and then drink again. I'm so so sick of it. Spent the summer in that cycle. Week on week off. Then drink at weekends, feel ill all week then feel slightly better so pick up again. Utter madness.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:25 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

((((lamb))) just felt u need to just open up and im really glad u spoke to your daughter xx my daughter knows about my drinking and has done since she was a teen and i have so much to apologise for, but all she ever wanted was for me to stop drinking and not worry about me dying with drink, she told me long time ago that she worried that coming home from school would i be dead. it wasnt just the drink but my personality disorder also contributing alot of stuff, so i am really pleased that u spoke out xx sry also for long post but sometimes we need to xxx as clear said, you should be proud of urself and im sure ur family is of u aswell xx

thanks numblady x im just trying to keep upbeat, even though im up and down at mo, but thanks for ur reply x

day 3 so will see how i am today, maybe i should get myself out but wll see x

FF good on u getting campral i do hope it helps u x i have tried it and it worked the first time around. are u on 666mg 3x a day? or is 333mg cant remember, but glad you went to your appointment and u touched base here xx

guess will leave it there for now, will stay close not that i can drink anyway but will just ramble away lol

welcome back RAL xxx
Old 08-23-2021, 11:41 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good morning. Day 4. Took my second dose of Campral and my first dose of lexapro 10mg.

The pharmacy didn't give me the Campral yesterday by mistake and I wasn't going to be able to pick it up til today. I thought it was a sign from god that I should get wasted one last time before starting it. Then the pharmacy offered to drop it to my house. Maybe a sign I should stay sober.

Not enjoying sobriety at all. Fantasizing about drinking. But I'd probably blackout drink til my money ran out if I started. And it would be carnage. But lying in bed drinking Monster ultra and pepsi max isn't doing me much good, especially with my anxiety and with my recent dentist visit not going well.
​​​​​​
I'd like to do something with my day. I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll take a walk later this morning. That'd be a good start. I should probably eat a healthy breakfast.
A healthy breakfast then a walk is a GREAT start! Campral and a higher dose of Lexapro? Sounds like your doctor's visit went well
Old 08-23-2021, 11:43 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

come back and join us daily RAL

D
Old 08-23-2021, 11:45 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Dee and Erratic. Good to see you both and good to be back. I will start posting daily Dee. It's embarrassing as feel I'm not taking it seriously. Back and forth. But without SR I genuinely cannot stop. The only successes I've ever had were with SR
Old 08-23-2021, 11:46 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
hi everyone
Been reading but not posting. BTG and LHW-that's exactly how I feel. I liar. Lying to myself and everyone else. I say I'm going to stop, get to a week and then drink again. I'm so so sick of it. Spent the summer in that cycle. Week on week off. Then drink at weekends, feel ill all week then feel slightly better so pick up again. Utter madness.
RAL! x
It's great that you're posting again. You can do this, stay close with us
Old 08-23-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us have been where you are RAL. Fight the embarrassment

D
Old 08-24-2021, 12:38 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Well the healthy breakfast and walk didn't happen. After dealing with so much psychosis, I forgot how debilitating anxiety and depression are. :/