Notices

Class of April 2018 part 16

Old 03-21-2021, 01:10 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, I hope you're all well and enjoying the weekend the best you can. All quiet here and that's fine.

Morning Erratic, poor Izzy, he must be really run down and earache is so painful, poor baby. I hope he gets better very soon. Good luck to your daughter on having a lay in, I bet she doesn't get many with 2 little ones.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Lots of love

Stay safe. xxxx
Old 03-21-2021, 01:45 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Morning, happy sunday.

I am having a cupla in bed but going to get up, crank the music up and do some cleaning! Feeling very positive and motivated this morning.

I have told Erratoc already but will share here. You know how much disdain I have for my 1st sponsor...well she contacted me last night to "see how I was doing,?" She obviously got wind of me leaving AA and wants to onow what's going on. Ahhhh I really cannot stand her but all along I have been told that if I am disturbed by someone then it is me not them that is disturbed. Utter crap. I don't like her and that's that and now I don't have to have anyrhing to do with her again. I wish her well, I really do. I still want to see her eat,, but not at my table ! The same as my crazy ex friend. I am done with toxic people and am putting boundaries up left right and centre .

So that's that. Just had to get that off my chest

Loki is sooo adorable. I definitely think my next pet would be a dog but not yet. Definitely not yet. I would like one some day though.

Wishing Izzy a speedy recovery Erratic. Its horrible when the little ones are ill and I commend your daughter working as well as being a mummy of 2. It's not easy. Things will get better and they are in my prayers.

Ok I am procrastinating enough, I have to get up. Have a great Sunday

Xxx
Old 03-21-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hola Amigas (y Dee), I’m far away.

tall soon
love you all,
Viper
Old 03-21-2021, 05:30 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Snitch, I was talking to an AA guy before I left and he was WAY up there on his horse. I could tell everything he said was something he said 1000 times. It was like a big speech he had prepared. Then he kept texting me gospel from the AA book of legends. Kind of a turnoff. I do need help because I think that I still think like an addict. I’ve learned to avoid everything and numb myself without the alcohol. So that’s what they’d call a dry drunk, right? Plus the regret. Ugghh the regret won’t stop. I guess there are various systems to improve myself, and that is definitely a system of steps to improve. We’ll see.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:00 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, happy Monday or be it as happy as you can make it anyway.

Good on you Suze for keeping your boundaries in place and keeping toxic people out, keep on doing just that.

Hi Erratic, I hope everything is okay and I hope little Izzy is better.

Great to see you checking in Viper.

See you all later.

Lots of love xxx
Old 03-22-2021, 11:00 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

evening x
little izzy is still up and down just stared antibiotics yesterday so will see how he improves

great to hear from u viper xx
nothing else really happening just now, all about daughter x
Old 03-22-2021, 03:21 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hey iist about to go to sleep.

So funny, oir little bunny has taken to sleeping on the end of our bed. Like a little dog lol. I didnt need to buy him how own hutch , he barely uses it!

I hope the antibiotics start kicking in soon for Izzy.

Good to see you Viper and am glad you are having a good time. Regret does not serve us at all. The past has gone forever so regrets just take away today's peace. Let it go and get into the moment now and thank your lucky stars that you are alive and enjoying life today because you could still be in the misery of active alcoholism.

it was lovely day today. I haven't even wanted to binge eat or eat rubbish the last 2 days hoe funny is that? I feel alive! And free! I am not slating AA. I think it saved my life and has given me a design for living but the meetings and some of the people were just getting me down and honestly the last few days I have felt so alive! Today I was looking at soing some studying I will let your know tomorrow what, as I am so tired now

Thanks for all being here.

Night xx
Old 03-22-2021, 03:48 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hola Viper, ¿Cómo estás?

Not got much to say myself tonight Erratic, it's just same old, same old.

Suze, your little Bunny is so cute, what did you call him? Can't wait to hear about what you're planning to study.

night night

lots of love. xxx
Old 03-22-2021, 04:54 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Administrator

Battling a bad back guys.

I have a lot of respect for AA and other programmes but AA is not the only way to recover nor is it the only way to help others struggling Snitch

D
Old 03-23-2021, 12:06 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your back Dee, I was hoping you were having a nice little well earned rest. Take good care of yourself. xxx

Good morning everyone, I'm just getting a quick hello in before I get g.son up.

Lots of love to you all.

Keep safe too. xxx
Old 03-23-2021, 01:46 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will DB

D
Old 03-23-2021, 09:33 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Yeah Dee, I’m starting to think I need that system for living that Snitch talks about. I certainly need a system of living because I don’t have one. AA could offer me a lot. I don’t see it being my entire life forever, but it doesn’t need to be. again we’ll see.

💜💜

Old 03-24-2021, 12:44 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning peeps x
not much to say, same old stuff and been reflecting again how i cant seem to hold a conversation or reach out lol here or anywhere i guess. little izzy is still up and down but has improved enough with the antibiotics to go back to nursery yesterday, so im sure i will get update report later this morning on how he got on last night x

great to see u posting viper x
snitch im glad u having some good days hun xx and ur bunny sounds soo cute xx
daisy as yup same old, nothing new is happening, how is mr DB getting on with his new tablets?
dee glad to see u back, and sry to hear about ur back, hope it gets sorted soon for you hun xx

hope u have good day and may catch up with u later x least im grateful we have blue skies here, not that ive been going out x past weeks i havent been going anywhere on my days off, which is not good, need to get myself out and see some friends to say hello to. x
Old 03-24-2021, 03:47 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Morning all. I lost my post ugh!

Dee I hope your back gets better soon. Stop swinging on those chandeliers , those days are behind you 😂😂

Vipe, I do believe that there are many recovery programmes out there to help us to change our lives and deal with our past etc. AA has helped me alot! I think you could benefit,you can always give it a go? You don't have to stay forever , or may be right for you, it may not be but there is only one way to find out. I think the key is to be open minded and willing to change and grow. Then you are already on your way.

Daisy, my bunny is called Marley after Jacob Marley in the Muppets Christmas Carol as his little lion mane makes him look like an old man haha. How is Owen gettimg on back at school?

Erratic, what's going on hon? I have heard you talk and you converse really well! Remember this is a safe place for you to share. I really hope the antibiotics lick in for little Izzy soon.

I spent £70 in oets at home yesterday buying stuff for Marley's cage and I put him in last night and he pressed his little nose up against the bars and ahhhhh I couldnt do it to him so I opened it up lol. He is getting bigger though and I was watching him and the guineas interact last night and he took a baby cucumber (which are my guineas fave) off of one of them and she wasn't having that and promptly snatched it back haha. I'll need to keep an eye on them though as rabbits do have the potential to harm piggies cos they have strong back legs and can kick hard!

So yesterday I had a call from my work coach from Universal Credit and he was ace. He is getting a company to call me so that they can heko get me on the right path to new jobs and potentially a new career. I am willing to study! I am in the process now of writing up my cv and I am feeling excited. I have enjoyed being at home but I like working, I have always worked and I like to be out and doimg stuff. I am a very sociable person and I M looking forward to doing something new and different. I will keep you all updated.

Have a lovely wednesday and I'll check in later.

Lots of love xx
Old 03-24-2021, 09:39 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
thanks snitch, its just the way im feeling, i ended up going to see one of my friends yesterday, just for half hr and then came home again. since coming back from daughters i am hardly going out or communicating with my friends or can offer a conversation, its just me being silly,
be interested in hearing what u want to study, is it what u said before some sort of form of forensic? guess u will have to watch out for any fighting over food xx
sry just a quick post, im off to get shower this morning was waiting for heating to warm up the bathroom lol
hope u all have good day xx
Old 03-24-2021, 11:20 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Morning!

Ahhh I can hear the birds singing and the hoot of an owl. Love it! Off to make my morning cuppa in a moment.

Not too much to say other than I had a chat with another guy yesterday from DWP (department of work and pensions) just to get a time booked in for me with this company that helps with job finding. Turns out he was cabin crew for 20 years also for Thomas Cook. He lost his job when they went under so he is working there now so there is life after flying.

My lovely friend from AA has just called me. I broke off from typing to answer. The friend who used to be crew too and cants stop relapsing, she got done for drink driving at Christmas and then a month ago she was in trouble again. Her son is now living with his dad and she can only have supervised visits. Anyway she was doing really well, had a month sober and she has just relapsed again and just spent the night in hospital because the crisis team were called as she was threatening suicide. I told her to join this forum! It's so hard to hear her in so much pain especially when I know what is on the other side.

Erratic, i think alot of people feel the same, nothing has been going on therefore there ithat much to talk about at the moment. Although I always manage to find something, can tall the hind legs of a donkey me!

Got to get up now.

Have a good day x
Old 03-26-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

How is everyone? Or rather where is everyone lol xx
Old 03-26-2021, 02:24 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have good weekend everyone

D
Old 03-26-2021, 04:59 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi April people, just think in another few days we will be in April again, the 3rd sober one for me. I've missed a couple of days posting and have so much to catch up now, that'll teach me. I hope you are all well. I've had a busy couple of days, my daughter has been suffering from vertigo on and off for a while now and is waiting for an appointment to see someone about it, she had her 2nd Covid jab on Wednesday morning and in the afternoon she stood up in work and the floor came up to meet her, she works in the hospital so a nurse came to see her, thought it was just a co-incidence that this happened after the jab and said she thought she possibly had labyrinthitis, which has since been confirmed that she does have it. Anyway to cut a long story short she can't drive for the moment so I've been taking and picking all 3 g.children up from school. They go to different schools now so it's been a bit of a juggling act.
My friend Mandy has been moved to a different hospital in the next town, she is having her pre op on 31st and her gall bladder removed on 02 April. We've been messaging each other daily and she seemed in quite good spirits today. She is having daily physio to build her strength up for the op and she says it's really helping, so that's good.
Mr D had his 1st Covid jab this evening, he has a sore arm, but other than that he seems to be okay, fingers crossed.
It's very wild and windy out there tonight and we've got hail stones too, I hope my roof stays on, lol.

I hope your back's on the mend Dee, have a good weekend and take it easy when you can.

Hi Erratic, I think you hold a conversation perfectly well to be honest. I don't think anyone has a great deal to say at the moment because none of us have been or are going anywhere, we've not really got much to talk about, after next week when the restrictions start lifting hopefully we'll have a bit more to discuss. I feel like all I talk about at the moment is the grand children or my friend Mandy.
I'm glad Izzy was well enough to go back to nursery, lets hope he stays well now.
Not much different as yet with Mr D thanks for asking, he's still very fatigued, he comes in from work walking like his legs weigh a ton.

Suze, all new beginnings for you, a whole new chapter job wise. I hope you find something that you really enjoy. I'm sorry about your friend from A.A, she sounds like she's in a bit of a mess. Good idea to tell her to join S.R, I hope she does. Don't forget to put your sobriety first though when you're trying to advise and help her.

Well, I'm going to bed now, so goodnight lovelies.

Lots of love

Keep safe. xxx
Old 03-27-2021, 02:18 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely Aprils

Have a good Saturday.

Lots of love xxx