Notices

Class of April 2018 part 16

Old 08-16-2021, 11:35 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
sry to hear about you not having back up hun xx you must be exhausted x
got my blood pressure done, but nurse found out that they didnt test my liver last week, so lucky as she says as being nosey and spotted it not done lol. so she took it after my blood pressure which was fine apparently so thats good. so once test come back today or tomo is they will have a look at everything and as nurse said hope to get my perscription sorted this week.
so guess thats all my news so far x
dont work to much daisy hun xx
Old 08-16-2021, 11:42 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

forgot to add i started doing my cards yesterday morning and i also bought another set of cards which is energy with positivtiy stuff on them lol if its not journals and books its cards now which im becoming collector lol
Old 08-18-2021, 04:06 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi everyone quick check in as havent posted and cant remember what I last posted!

Daisy you sound so busy! I hope you can try get sone Daisy time and some self care in!

Erratic good plan to stay off booze until you get your antabuse.

Hi Dee and VIpe.

I'm doing ok. Up and down as to be expected. I am never going to stop missing my mum or being sad that she has passed but I am just trying to find acceptance and make some peace with it it really is a day at a time.

No desire AT ALL to drink alcohol and I've been plugging in to AA and praying. Eating well and exercising. Getting lots of sleep. Doing stuff with Seren. My dad and sis in law and niece and nephew are coming to Brighton tomorrow which will be nice as we will take the kids to the lagoon and then Friday seren is going to her dads for 2 nights and I'm gonna spend fri night at my friends house and sat night at my dads, and on sat night we are going for a meal , just my dad me my sisters and brother as it is my mum and dads 50th wedding anniversary so it will be nice to spend time together without the children and celebrate their marriage.

Not much else to report. Am off work for 12 days which is nice. I'm starting to feel more like seeing people now so meeting up with friends. Life goes on hey.

Gotta go we are off out in a bit!

Lots of love to you all
Old 08-18-2021, 09:18 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

monring x
good to see u snitch x good to hear ur doing well with ur excercise and eating x and great to hear ur doing lot more also.

i eventually got my go ahead of getting anti abuse which i will be able to pick up late friday and take it sat morning. However i ended up drinking yesterday through the day when i got phone call in morning which suggested that i may of not go it, but like i said was a surpise when gp phoned last night to say i will get presctiption. so thats good news and i guess this is day 1 and start of knew chapter with a new drug i havent take before. so just wanted to share on whats going on x

again good to hear from u snitch x
going to finish off my 3rd cup of tea and get ready for work x
Old 08-18-2021, 09:22 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank yesterday erratic. I con't count the number of times I was sure something bad would happen, drank, and then the opposite came to pass.

I'm glad you're close to starting the antabuse. I hope it helps.

D
Old 08-18-2021, 09:46 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks dee and i am sure it will help x
Old 08-20-2021, 03:20 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hey guys.

How is everyone?

Im just about to go to bed. Seren is at her dads for the night and tomorrow too. It's his nans birthday so they are going for lunch. She will be 96! Over 20 years more than my mum when she passed! Why do I feel resentful about this lol. I wish I could have had my mum for another 20 years.

So whilst Seren is with her dad I am going over to stay with my dad and wr are going out for a meal tomorrow night with my sisters and brother to celebrate mum and dads 50th wedding anniversary. It will be nice for us all to be together without the kids so we can just relax and chat. My brother has said he needs to stop drinking! It has definitely escalated recently. He doesnt want to do AA though apparently. He thinks he can do it on his own. I'm here if he needs me but I cant force anything on him.

I am so glad I am not drinking. I wouldbt have been able to get through any of this if I was. I have been eating really healthy and exercising too which is really helping!! My bestie in AA is drinking again and i am so worried about her. I think today is day 6 or 7 of a bender. She is drinking neat vodka. God knows how much. She is vomiting up blood. I havent been able to get hold of her today and I am worried sick she is gonna drink herself to death. I feel so blessed to have found recovery even though its been a rocky road. I am praying for her !!!

Other than just generally being sad because I miss my mum I am actually ok. I'm back in AA and workibg my programme and feel less angry and resentful about "stuff". I don't know how it works but it does.

Hows you Erratic? Is it day 2 today?

Daisy you are probably busy busy busy!!!

Ok am gonna sleep now. Night guys xx

Old 08-20-2021, 04:09 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your friend Snitch
I am glad you're doing ok though!

D
Old 08-20-2021, 11:35 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
great to hear from u snitch hun xx good to hear ur doing not to bad and still eating healthy and that x hope u enjoy ur dinner with ur dad and rest of family!
day 3 today, im giving myself another 24hrs and will take tablet tomo morning x
nothing much else is happening except hub has some problem with his foot which been on going for a week now and he is in agony, im hoping he phones 111 and then we take him to hospital to see whats wrong with his foot x so guess thats my plan for this weekend. im still waiting for my new cards and my mood diary turned up other day so will be starting that when i take tablets x

guess thats all my news for now xx hope u all have great day will catch up again later if im about xx
Old 08-21-2021, 02:16 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 3 erratic
D
Old 08-22-2021, 02:30 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Morning, happy sunday all.

Erratic well done on your 3 days! I hope hubby gets foot sorted ouch.

Hi Dee.

I'm at my dads. My sister stayed last night as well, we are both still in bed chatting! About to get up now. We had such a lovely evening. We went to this really nice pub for dinner. Me; my dad, sisters, brother and brother in law. The food was lovely and we had a laugh and raised a glass to our mum and get this.... therevwas music playing and a song came on that was no 1 the year my mum and dad got married!!!! Webtooknthat as a sign ❤ so proud of my brother too. He stuck to the sparkling water with me. He was great company! Bless him. I hope he can keep it up. There was no alcohol my sisters both had a glass each and that was it. I used to think I needed alcohol to connect with people. How wrong I was!

I did have a cry when I was back at my dads alone upstairs. God, I miss my mum so much. And always will.

Ok tine to get up! Have a good day. Will check in later xx
Old 08-22-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

snitch good to hear from u and glad things went well and u are chatting to your sister in bed xxx
i have just taken my first antiabuse tablet, totally worried but trying to keep calm but hey ho i will get through what ever comes and its a new start in a new direction which i had moments of talking myself out of it and also thinking of drinking but decided and took the plunge and just took it. i am classing this as my day 1 so i keep track on how long properly and keep myself right about how long i am taking this tablet.

on husband nurse on phone told him to take some tablets and thinks its either soft tissure problem or gout, so he is doing what he is told and will see how things goes, he just has to watch in taking anti inflamitory and if he gets pain or anything is to stop, as im sure i have said long time ago he had ulcerated colittis and chrones and lost his big bowel to it and has a stoma x

right going to head of and put some dinner on i think just incase i get tired and get some side effects from tabs x

have good evening xx
Old 08-22-2021, 10:11 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, I hope you're all okay. All's okay with me, it's just the same old, same old. I've had a few nice days out with the g.kids and on Friday we went to Southport with Mandy and her daughter. She has an electric wheelchair now so she was able to get around a bit, she was very tired by the end of the day though.
I'm in a bit of a tizz at the moment, the kitten, Loki, escaped through the back door at about 11 p.m last night and she's not been seen since. She's only 6 months old, so she's still small and though she's been out in the garden a few times during the day, she's never been out overnight and I'm really worried about her. Owen's going to be heartbroken if something bad has happened to her.

Suze, I'm glad you went to dinner with your dad and your brother and sisters, your mum would be happy you all did that. She'll be proud of you all.
I'm glad you're back with A.A and getting on with your sober life.

Morning Erratic, how are you feeling after taking that tablet? I hope you have no nasty side effects and I hope this does the trick for you.
My youngest brother suffers with gout and it is sooo painful, I hope he gets some relief from it, or whatever it is, very soon.

Good night Dee, I hope it's a peaceful one for you.

Lots of love to you all xxx
Old 08-22-2021, 11:32 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from all you guys.
New thread time tho.

Join us here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-17-a.html (Class of April 2018 Part 17)

D