Notices

Class of April 2018 part 16

Old 03-27-2021, 10:50 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

just a quick hey and daisy, what i mean not communicating is i find it hard to convers with people in general, also havent seen or talked to friends. i guess also its my paranoid thinking and not sure how to speak sometimes. I did say to snitch other week is as it is 3rd year for you all and hub has told me he is doing a month of not drinking in april is i will. I have reduced, and still feeling sick and that is i know it looks like if i dont i cant carry on doing this. This month alone is far worse than it has ever been. Before i used to do weeks or other day, i have only had 2 days so far with no alcohol. so i know my body is having problems.Even knowing i cant keep doing this is i am having also days where im back to old pattern, started to not eat and not sure how or what to say. I know daisy, look at that izzy pic i sent u all? my moods have been bad and not sure what im going to do about it. still trying cards and toolbox. sry for this ****. x
Old 03-27-2021, 03:14 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Erratic please dont apologise.

My experience was that nothing was getting better in my life all the time I was drinking and I had to stop the booze and get some sober time and then I was able to straighten out physically and mentally.

What happens before you pick up?.do you put any defence up against that first drink? We are here to help and support you, always .

Xx

Old 03-27-2021, 11:36 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning xx
thanks snitch hun xx i dont seem to have any defence for that first drink, or even when i make the decision to buy. I think u and dee has said it before, i have to not give myself permission to drink, i think also i have to start earlier than the witching hr at 3pm to either divert my attention away of giving me that permission to go buy drink at 4pm, hard to explain sry. I also know if i reach 5-30pm without going to shop is i wont drink. so i need somthing from say 2pm to 5-30 to keep my thinking away from giving myself the permission, maybe i should just go for lay down or something, i dont know.

anyway thats my ramble again for this morning. hope u all had a good day yesterday and have a nice sunday xxx
Old 03-28-2021, 04:05 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good morning all on this wet and windy Sunday morning, it's absolutely pouring down here and cold with it. I've not really got any news as I haven't been anywhere, but all is okay today apart from I think that Mr D is turning into a hypochondriac, I know he's suffering from chronic fatigue and hopefully that will get better now he's on medication for it, but every day he gets up with a new pain, lol. Sorry for moaning, I'm just having a vent, it would just be nice if at least once when I ask him how he is, he says he is fine!

Erratic, you have nothing to apologise for lovely and believe it or not I find it extremely difficult to converse face to face with people, it takes me right out of my comfort zone, I never know what to say. I'm okay with people I've known for a long time but I hid myself away that much when I was drinking, avoided people, avoided answering the phone etc, that I'm hopeless at chit chat. I think people think that I'm rude or whatever but the truth is that I think I'm boring because all I talk about is my g.children.
I say far more on here than I do in real life.
Re the drinking, you are obviously aware that it is making you ill, in fact you are slowing poisoning your body, for the sake of your own health and sanity apart from your daughter and g.children you do need to break this habit and you will, plus alcohol is a depressant, which doesn't help. You wouldn't still be here posting if you didn't want to do it. It's good that your husband wants the 2 of you to have a booze free April, go for it and save the money you both would have spent, then buy yourselves something that you both really want. You know you can do that.

Good morning Suze, I reiterate everything you've said above, every word.

Lots of love to you both.

keep safe. xxx
Old 03-28-2021, 03:44 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Goodnight Aprils, sleep well.

xxxx
Old 03-28-2021, 11:05 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Morning all, I'll post properly later .

I have signed up for a 6 week nutrition and exercise programme and off to do my 1st bootcamp beach workout this morning. Ahhhh I am so scared lol. I havent been able to motivate myself so gonna try something different as nothing changes if nothing changes right?!

Wish me luck !! Xx
Old 03-28-2021, 11:49 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Good morning all, just posting quickly from my phone, I hope you're all well

Good luck Suze, you're braver than me, bet it will be both hard work and good fun. Enjoy Xxx
Morning Erratic, hope you're ok.

G.evening Dee, have a peaceful night.

Lots of love ❤️
​​​​​​ xxxx
Old 03-29-2021, 12:29 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
wow snitch that sounds good xx thats something i would do but only in a gym lol, your a brave woman and you can do it xxx
thanks daisy hun, i know the cycle needs to broken which doing what hub is suggesting and better do it, is that should start me off, as that itself will be longest i have done for a very moon time ago x your also right about the money saved, i have alot to fork out this month and 1st may be willem 3rd bday so got something unusual and funny im getting him lol . On mr DB i would hope that the tablets would of started to work by now, so lets hope it kicks in soon for your sake lol.

The weather here has been blue skies but windy but still nice which unusual for us and again its going to be warm and its blue skies again this morning, i have the window open already, nice to get some air in, which i never even went out yesterday, not sure if i will go out today or not, if i did it will be just shop. I am by myself for next 3 days as hub has something on which he has to be at certain places, so im all by myself lol got alcohol councillor phoning this morn i think, so i better not go back to bed yet x

guess i better go and do my cards and that havent done them since last wed so need to get back to it. hope u all have good day and will check back later xx
Old 03-29-2021, 10:37 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good morning lovelies, happy Tuesday.

Morning Erratic, I'm intrigued on what you're getting Willem for his b.day, please share, lol. Re Mr D, it says on the info leaflet with his tablets that it can take up to 4 weeks before he feels a difference, I've told him that he needs to stop Googling re having long Covid, he's become obsessed with it and I don't think it's helping.
It's forecast to be a lovely, sunny day here today so fingers crossed, I think I'll do some work in the garden if it is, I've got loads of dead stuff that needs pulling out. Oh, what I'd give to have 3 days on my own, lol, that'd be bliss.
Enjoy doing your cards and I'll look out for you later.

xxx
Old 03-29-2021, 11:28 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
lol daisy, our little willem loves spiderman, so i have found that i can get a little spiderman figure with 3d plastic image of willem face on it, thought that would be funny and he would love it, well i think he would lol.
yeah its suppose to be nice here again also, so far its 11 degrees which wow thats warm lol for early morning. guess another day by myself, not sure what im going to do with myself but hey ho, im working tomo afternoon so im doing 3 days at work this week. will leave it there, hope u understood what i mean about his pressie lol x
hope u all have good day xx
Old 03-30-2021, 02:29 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Oh that sounds like a great gift Erratic, what little spiderman fan wouldn't love that, lol. It's been really warm here, 22 degrees this afternoon, I even took my cardi off, lol.

I've been up since about 03.15 this morning and I'm very tired now so I'm going to bed in a moment.

Goodnight all. xxx
Old 03-31-2021, 08:46 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning all, just a quick check in as got work this morn again.
so i am on day 2 and its 1st of april! no april fool joke either.
It was horrible weather here yesterday, so lucky i was at work, suppose to be cold again today and maybe drizzle.
anyway hope u all have a good day and hope to see u all later xxx
Old 03-31-2021, 08:48 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope work is good erratic

D
Old 04-01-2021, 06:23 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils, I hope you're all having a good Thursday.

Hi Erratic, I hope work is kind to you. It's back to being cold today after 2 days of glorious sunshine. I caught my grandson out this morning with an April fools prank, I told him that Boris had made an announcement stating that the Easter holidays were cancelled and all children had to return to school on Tuesday. He was fuming and on the verge of tears. He thought it was hilarious though when I admitted that it was a joke.

I hope you're well Dee and I hope your back isn't playing you up.

Hope all is good with you Suze. How is the boot camp going?

Lots of love xxx
Old 04-01-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Goodnight you lot, sleep well.

Lots of love xxx
Old 04-01-2021, 04:41 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good now thanks DB - hope you all have a great long weekend.

D
Old 04-01-2021, 08:37 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all xx
day 3 for me and got work this morn. we had blue skies yesterday but cold, but looked at weather report i guess we are getting snow sometime this weekend lol
hey snitch where are u? want to hear about boot camp hun, how are u getting on?
off to get second cup ot tea and get shower, got delivery this morn, so will hope to get on later this late afternoon as prob go for lay down when finished.

have good friday xx
Old 04-02-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Sorry I've been MIA , I've gone to post so many times and then something comes up but I read everyday.

I hope you are all well. The sun is trying to get through now, it's cold and windy when it's in and quite cloudy but last week we had 2 gorgeous days and Seren even went in the sea.! Right in, swimming. I was well impressed. It's still too cold for me yet but it's good cos even though sje can swim I got her a life jacket last year which means she ca go in with her friends and I can just sit and watch!

Bootcamp is great. Day 5 today. My friend let me bri g Seren to her this morning so I could do it which was so nice of her. Its pretty tough but you can go at your own pace you dont have to keep up with anyone else , there is a full range of different levels of fitness and there are also virtiual classes you can do at home which I may have to do more of in the next 2 weeks being the hols etc but we will see. I'm doing juice plus and sticking to healthy food. I feel really good and am enjoying it.

Also been over a week now since I left AA. I think I've heard from 4 people since I left but 2 of them were really just warnings. Quite sad really. I guess I will find out who my real friends in there were.

I feel like I am starting to really live my sober life now without being tied to meetings, inventory and always trying to think of others. Maybe I had too many expectations of myself but I do feel n my heart that I have done the right thing although I do get fearful thinking of is this my illness telling me to leave, am I being naive and delusional. I still dont trust my own thinking 100% because that is not what I was shown in AA. Time will tell

Just off to a friends, she has set up an easter egg hunt for the kids!

Have a lovely day and will check in later
Old 04-03-2021, 12:25 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope you are all enjoying your easter weekend.

​​​​​​DDaisy hahahhaha that was a great April fool's prank. Poor Owen. I did do a couple on Seren and her friend , me and my friend told the girls that although it was the Easter Hols we had decided to continue homeschooling them as they had done so well homeschooling before and we wanted to keep their education up! Not as good as yours and they didnt cry but they did believe us and were like nooooo!

yesterday we found out that my baby boy bun is actually a girl and my friends one is a boy. They got mixed around. Anyway, we told the girls and we said because my friend had wanted the girl that we were going to swap rabbits and that almost got tears! Haha we are so mean arent we, but I told them practically straight away. No way would i ever give my baby up! But actually I am pleased she is a girl as we are an all girl fam-a-lam now yeh!

I'm still calling her Marley as I think that could be quite girly and she knows her name now (I think!) She is just so adorable, she has made herself right at home ♥️♥️

We are going to Crawley today to see my mum and dad and sisters and hopefully my brother and niece and nephew so am just going to get ready now so we can leave early. I've done 5 days of bootcamp so will take today and tomorrow off and get back on it monday.

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Xx
Old 04-03-2021, 02:15 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
good for you sticking with ur baby marley snitch x also great job on u keeping up with the bootcamp x on the part about ur friends at AA, dont worry about it, its there loss in losing a good person and friend like you hun xx

Not sure what im doing today, although i have a click and collect to pick up willems spiderman bedding for his bday and really not sure what else there is to do. I am on day 4 so im sticking close to SR and will work on my templates and notes and cards today at some point. prob leave it for this evening so i have something to destract myself with. Its cold but least its dry for now here. so otherwise nothing much to report, had work yesterday and was sore and knackered when got home, so had early night as usual x

hope u have nice time at ur mum and dads snitch and hope u have good day xx daisy i guess ur being bz and hope u have good day also and hey both have nice easter sunday tomo with the kids xx

here thinking of you viper and dee also xx