Notices

Class of April 2018 part 16

Old 06-06-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hey guys, good to read your posts and know you are here

Erratic, so sorry to hear Izzy is unwell again. Wishing him a speedy recovery ❤

I am feeling much better today 😊 I think it is because I have finally made a complete break now from AA and even threw my Big Book away today as I am entirely ready to start fresh. I will always be grateful for AA, it was there when I was at my lowest but I feel that I am not growing there , if anything I feel I am stagnating. So I have made the decision and thanks Dee, smart is definitely up my street.

we have had a really lovely weekend so far and I am so looking forward to tomorrow as we are going to Brighton pier for the day with friends and we have wristbands for unlimited rides. I love fairgeound rides. I feel like a little kids I am sooo excited. !!

I'll post tomorrow. Night xx
Old 06-06-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was a bit sick DB but better now

D
Old 06-06-2021, 10:51 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x
glad ur feeling better dee x
snitch good that u made the decision to try something else which maybe better for you x also good to hear ur and ur actually sounding better x

izzy is getting better which is good at least he wont be ill for his bday next week. however my daughter and her partner had major break down at the weekend and im bit worried about her now. wont go into it about what happened, i will hear from her this morning on how yesterday evening went. Cant wait to get down and help her x

im still going to the gym, which went sat morning and will be going today again this evening. on sat i found out how unfit i was when i went to the body pump class which i went to last min, so have to work more at the gym and get some strength back and lose more weight.

looks like its going to be cloudy day today here, tomo is supposed to be very warm for a change here lol its to warm even at 15degrees lol. so other than going to the gym this evening not sure what else i will do today, i think got alcohol councillor phoning maybe this morn, will see.

anyway will leave it there for now, good to see posts and how u are getting on xx here thinking of you all xx

Old 06-06-2021, 11:05 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks erratic
hope all is well with your daughter

stay cool
Old 06-07-2021, 08:03 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x
thanks dee, it seems they sorted some things out last night, so all is better for now.

have had pretty nothing day today, which is fine i guess, just been keeping myself away from drinking today or tonight.
hope all is well with everyone else x
Old 06-09-2021, 08:06 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hey everyone’ I hope everyone is doing ok?

l am just at the pool whilst Seren has her swimming lesson so taking the opportunity to post!

i can’t remember when I last posted so sorry if I repeat myself but we had a great time at Harry Potter world and it was fun to stay at the hotel and go swimming the next day. This weekend has been so busy too, we spent Monday (school I set day) at Brighton pier going on all the rides and had a blast! My big mistake was going on the waltzer, I felt sick as a dog for a good while after !

i have some news... I have a job! I am starting work as a covid tester for Boots. It’s part time and only till the end of July but it means money and also I am looking forward to getting back to work. I’ve enjoyed my time off but I need to be doing something. I also got a call from change grow live re a peer mentor position. He wanted to know if I was still interested and said they would be in contact in September as they have pushed recruitment back due to covid.

Since I have left AA and stopped practicing the programme I feel I am retaining more to myself. When I say myself I mean the old me, the person I was before I was ravaged by alcohol, and a better version of the old me because of the work I have done on myself. I don’t want to bash AA as it was there for me when I needed it but I feel I have outgrown my need for it now and my sobriety/recovery/life is taking a different path and it feels so right in my heart.

Not much else else to report. Have switched anti d’s and feel like my new ones are helping me more, my eating and exercise have improved and I am being far more proactive than I have been for a long while!

Obviously my my mum is sick and that sucks but other than that just for today everything is good.

how are you all doing? Xx
Old 06-09-2021, 04:56 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are ok Snitch and erratic

D
Old 06-09-2021, 09:18 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
good job on getting a job snitch! you are sounding amazing also x
i eventually got my phone call from alcohol councillor, which he said once back from daughters is that i can have a face to face meeting!!!! thats something that will help as i havent seen anyone or even got appointment from adult mental health for over a year! i have still been reducing my alcohol intake so i dont get withdrawls down at daughters. we also talked about seeing or doing stuff like i done in the past with another part of the hospital who deals with addiction and was the place where i was going to do mentalisation group with them. so will see what comes from that.

got long shift at work today, and also before i go away on 19th i will be working all next week covering for someone who is on holiday, so that will defo keep me out of trouble.

anyway good to see u post snitch, i better go finish my cup of tea, been reading alot of posts this morning lol interesting topic dee? honesty xxx
Old 06-09-2021, 09:40 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats GREAT news erratic

D
Old 06-13-2021, 10:09 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, I thought it about time I got back here and posted again, I can't believe that its been more that a week since I was last here, I don't know where the time goes. Anyway, I'm okay, I'm well and sober, been busy with my g.son as he's been on 2 weeks half term break, he's back in this morning, yay. I've also been looking after my granddaughter while her mum and dad are in work as someone in her class at school tested positive for Covid so she has to isolate until this Friday.
I've been loving the hot weather we're having at the moment, well apart from the hot, sticky nights when I can't sleep. I've got loads done in the garden, which is my therapy and I've needed that this weekend because my wayward son is off on one and has been trying to goad me. Thankfully, I don't bit the bait like I used to, I have my favourite 'go to's' the serenity prayer and the sick man prayer.

Dee, I'm sorry you were sick, I hope it wasn't anything too bad and I hope you are fully recovered now.

Suze, congratulations on getting yourself a job, how is it going, are you enjoying it? I'm glad your new anti D's seem to be working their magic, long may it continue. Continued prayers for your mum. xx

Good morning Erratic, you're sounding good. I think it can only be a good thing for you to have a face to face with your alcohol councillor, you've waited such a long time for it. Well done too on reducing your alcohol intake for when you go to your daughter's, that will help. Not long to wait now, you must be on countdown, bet you can't wait to see those babies.

I best go and catch up a bit on my other threads and I will make a big effort not to stay away so long next time.

Lots of love xx
Old 06-13-2021, 11:00 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah not sure what it was but nothing serious and am fine now DB - good to see you

D
Old 06-14-2021, 08:54 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x sry this will be quick. great to see u daisy luv xxx
i am working all this week and yup early morning starts until we head down to daughters on saturday x will be knackerd lol
will try to get back on later today, thats if im not back in bed after work for lay down. will try best to catch up before i leave xx

have great day xx
Old 06-14-2021, 09:57 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too erratic (and anyone else reading)
Old 06-16-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
wow its thursday already, all ive done is work and then eat and then sleep. got so much to sort out for going in 2 days lol knew this would happen, anyway just thought check in. hope everyone is ok?

Off to drink my tea and read a few posts x have a great day everyone xx
Old 06-16-2021, 08:51 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a great visit erratic

D
Old 06-16-2021, 09:11 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks dee x will be taking laptop with me so will check in when i can x
Old 06-16-2021, 10:05 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

d
Old 06-17-2021, 02:32 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Long time no post 😳 I dont feel I have much to say really but it is important to keep our little group going so here I am and I pledge to post more ❤

Sou ss like you have been busy Erratic! I bet you can't wait to see your daughter and the bubba's.!! How long are you going for??

Hi Dee hi Daish I hope you are both well and our dear Viper too!

I am doing pretty good. I have been doing online training. I am actually employed by Boots which is great and I have to do alot of courses ! I think there has been one that is relevant to the job I am actually doing lol but I guess it is company policy that all staff have to do these courses and it's fine. I have my training on satirdah and then my first shift is Sunday. I am looking forward to it. Been sat around for far too long now. I have always worked and it has been nice to have time off but it will be really good for me to go back out into the world again!

All is fine at home. Seren is good and the piggies and bunny. She is so sweet. She loves cuddles! My mum is doing ok although she is very frail and of course it is so sad but she is ALIVE! And still fighting. So I'm so thankful for that.

Out of AA a while now and apparently I heard that my sponsor was "glad to be rid of me". Nice hey. And I was a sponsee that rarely reached out so what will she be like if someone needs more support and help. It confirmed to me what I knew, that there are alot of 2 faced backstabbers in the rooms who do not practice what they preach.! I am so glad to be out and am thriving away from that environment .

I went for my first sea swim of the summer yesterday. With Seren although she has been in a few times now. Love loving by the beach. We nearly got run over when we left, a van started reversing as we were crossing the road that cars use to access the beach. There was a queue and the van driver clearly didnt want to be stuck in it and reversed backwards, I dont knowing they looked or not but this guy saw and started screaming at the van to stop, I oit my hand out and thank God it stopped in time but my hand made contact with it. It was really quick but also seemed like slow motion too. I was really shaken afterwards BUT it's ok, we are fine!

No drinking thoughts. I love being free from the chains of alcohol. Sometimes I see people drinking and I think ooh that looks nice but then I remember exactly where it takes me and nah! Don't want any of that back thanks.

And that's it really. I will post more . Miss you guys.

Lots of love x
Old 06-17-2021, 04:54 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hi lovelies, just checking in very quickly because it's very late and I'm tired. Hope you're all okay.

Have a lovely visit with your daughter and the boys Erratic, bet you can't wait. I'm glad you're taking your laptop so you can post when you can.

Thanks Dee. xx

Hi Suze, it will do you good to be out working and meeting people again and I hope you love your new job.
I'm glad your mum is okay and long may she stay that way.
You had a lucky escape with that van, phew, some people just shouldn't be on the road. Take care.

I'm off to bed now.

Loads of love to you all. xx
Old 06-17-2021, 05:49 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

You were thinking about something to replace AA Snitch - did you chase that up or decide not to?

D