Notices

Class of April 2018 part 16

Old 05-03-2021, 12:09 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning again x
guess you are all bz, just a quick note to say i have membership with gym and bought trainers and other stuff and have booked my sessions for this evening and wed already, so will be booking and doing as much as i can, will have to take it slow as im so out of shape and build myself up slowly but i will enjoy building up my strength again x

thanks dee xx hope u are well x

catch u all later when u check in xx
Old 05-03-2021, 03:40 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Erratic, you didn't make me feel daft love, I felt daft after posting it, but I needed to vent so I'm glad I did. Thanks for listening anyway and keep on drinking the tea. Brilliant you getting your gym membership and buying yourself trainers and stuff, I'm really pleased, go give it your best.

Lots of love to you all xxx
Old 05-03-2021, 03:49 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Day 6! didn't get a chance to post yesterday....but doing very well. I hope everyone else is as well
I miss my gym been closed now for months and I see no end to this lockdown at this point. We aren't doing well where I am.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:33 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure you meant to post in this thread Truthbetold but welcome
I hope things turn around soon where you are.

D
Old 05-03-2021, 11:42 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x
Thanks daisy x
i had to double check myself to make sure this was the 2018 thread lol, welcome anyway truth and well done on day 6 x
well i went to the gym last night, felt bit anxious and couldnt stand looking at myself, but i pushed ahead and felt good after it. I am going again tonight but to a diffrent one which is closer to the house, so hub can go home instead of having to walk the beach lol

will leave it there for now x hope u all have good day x
Old 05-04-2021, 04:46 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hello Truth and if you didn't mean to post here don't worry about it, you're welcome anyway.

You did really well Erratic, it take some courage to go to the gym on your own, take it nice and easy though, don't try to do too much, too soon. Take care xxx

Hi Dee, hope you're okay xx
Old 05-04-2021, 06:34 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good DB got a flu shot today

D
Old 05-05-2021, 02:31 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x
thanks daisy, i didnt end up going to gym last night due to was taking the advise from hub and u said same thing as him x will be going tonight though, but wont be going thur or i may do fri evening yet, not sure depends how i feel as i have delivery on fri morning and i have booked the gym for sat and sun. so will see how things go tonight x

hope ur jab was ok dee, sry i keep forgetting to ask how ur doing x

off to finish watching my 1970s kids eventure film lol, i do like watching the old british childrens film foundation , use to love the australian eventure ones also x
anyway hope u all have good day today, we seem to have some snow this morning lol my poor plants!!
Old 05-05-2021, 02:34 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries erratic - enjoy the films - I like them too

D
Old 05-05-2021, 03:01 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi guys.
Sorry havent posted in a while.

I've been in a really bad headspace . I've felt very depressed and tearful and no motivation at all so I finally called my doctor and had a good chat and she has changed my medication for me which I start tomorrow. I'm also investing in all natural ways to help with depression. Healthy eating, regular exercise (not focusing on weight loss now just mood) , meditation, mindfulness, lots of sleep, fresh air, reading and definitely less screen time. I am going to check out sone smart meetings as well and CBT to help with my thoughts and actions. I have felt more positive today and am looking forward to the future again whilst living in today.

Good on you for joining the gym Erratic. It's definitely good for those natural endorphins.!

Daisy I am glad Loki is settling in well and she sounds like Marley, my rabbit eats all the guinea pig's food too! She is already twice the size now of her brother at my friends house oops!

Wow, your son's behaviour sounds very bizarre! But here is your safe space to share. I find just getting something out of my own head , either talking to someone else or writing it down here helps so much so please don't ever feel silly for doing so.

Am crashing now. Shattered. Will post more often! Xx
Old 05-05-2021, 03:14 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear you've been low Snitch - hope the med change helps

D
Old 05-05-2021, 08:47 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
good to hear from u snitch x really sry to hear you been feeling bad, do hope new meds will help and im sure cbt and smart will help you also x
was at gym yesterday early evening, ended up having a drink afterwards, so not so good on that when got work this morning. Guess it will take time for me to get in a routine of just doing the gym and taking advantage that i should of passed the witching hr and not drink.work in progress, but least i am going to stick at this x

anyway just wanted to do a quick post and here thinking of you snitch, hope today is better x
off to get that 2nd cup of tea xx
Old 05-06-2021, 04:10 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprilers, I hope you're all okay. All is okay with me apart from the weather but I can't do anything about that. I had a bit of an accident with my phone on Tuesday evening, I dropped it in the bath I'm not in the habit of taking my phone into the bathroom but it was in my pocket so I took it out and put it on the window sill, then accidentally knocked it off into the bubbles. I'm using an old one for now while mine is residing in a bag of rice, finger and everything crossed it works. Only me!

Glad you're looking after yourself Dee, I hope your arm isn't too sore after the flu shot.

Erratic, I'm glad you're not going to the gym every night, it's too much, you need to work your muscles and then rest them, or so I'm told anyway. Snow in May, it's just ridiculous, this time last year the sun was cracking the flags.
I remember watching Skippy and the flying doctor, I can't think of any others, lol.

I'm sorry you've been under a black cloud Suze though it's understandable, you've got a lot going on. I'm glad you spoke to your doctor about it and hopefully your new meds will start working their magic. Loki and Lulu are getting well used to each other now and are beginning to play together, Lulu looks huge now though, she's like a big panther. I'll put some pics on at weekend once I've downloaded them onto the laptop.

I'm going to bed very shortly, so goodnight all.

Lots of love xxx
Old 05-06-2021, 08:54 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x
hey daisy i thought u said on FB was for a friend lol sry to hear u have done that and hope it works, ive dropped mine down the toilet before and lucky enough putting it in rice it did work, however the home buttons would stick, so fingers crossed and leave it there as long as u can xxx
nothing much else to report as had my long shift at work yesterday. will leave it there for now

have good day and i hear u about the weather daisy! x
Old 05-08-2021, 12:42 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Morning guys.

It's raining here bleugh! Meant to be going out today for my friends birthday for food and drinks (non alco for me obvs) but don't know if that will be the plan still. We shall see.

Haha oh Daisy bless you. That's so annoying. I remember going to the loo in a restaurant once and my phone was in my back pocket and it fell into the toilet! Lol. We have all been there. Hope the rice works!!.

I am feeling so much better, black cloud lifted and I am starting to think perhaps this is connected to hormones/time of month perhaps. As I will be absolutely fine and feeling positive and then suddenly get this black dog attack. Unless it is depression manifesting itself at a certain time. Either way I am going to start journaling feelings because at least if I know I can be aware when it comes and know it wont last.

I've been going to bootcamp and my fitness is definitely improving! I love it! Not today though as not going in the rain. I'm.not that dedicated haha.

So I have decided I would like to train to become a CBT therapist. I am going to look into the courses available. I've been applying for some little part time jobs. I had an interview (well it was a zoom presentation) for all the candidates for a front of house worker at a little family run chiropractic clinic and it sounded great but then she said the hours and it was afternoon into evening and I just cant do that. So the search continues.

Other than that not much else to report.

Not missing AA at all and hey funnily enough not heard from anyone since I left. They are probably scared , they seem incapable of keeping a relationship with anyone who leaves. I am ashamed to say I was the same. Still, we all do what we have to do to keep our sobroety safe hey.

Happy saturday everyone, I hope the weather doesn't keep you from enjoying yourselves!

Old 05-08-2021, 01:15 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and what a horrible grey, wet and cold morning it is, it's throwing it down here. I hope you are all good and well though. I took the kitten to the vets the other day and had her microchipped and she was given her 1st inoculations, the vet gave her a clean bill of health too, so that's good.
I went to visit my friend Mandy yesterday, took carrot cake, which was yummy and no wonder I need to lose weight, lol. She was in good spirits as always but it's so sad to walk in her house and see her in a bariatric bed and see all the paraphernalia she needs, such as a hoist, a wheelchair, commode, various bowls etc. It certainly makes me realise how lucky I am.

Erratic, no it was me who dropped the phone in the bath, lol and it's not looking good. It's still packed in rice but I had a look at it last night and it's still very poorly. I've had no luck with that phone, I dropped it before Christmas and had to have the screen replaced. I am so clumsy anyway, I just feel bad because Mr D bought it for me for my b.day last year and it was quite expensive, he should know by now though that me and expensive don't mix well, lol. The good news is that my photo's and videos have transferred over to the old phone I'm using and losing them was my main worry.
Enjoy the gym this weekend and don't work too hard.

Morning Suze, your moods could well be hormonal, but I'm so glad that the black cloud has lifted now.
Ha ha, well the toilet is worse than dropping it in the bath I suppose, lol. I'm not holding out too much hope for mine. So glad that you're enjoying boot camp and exercise is good for shifting black clouds too.
Training to be a CBT therapist is a fantastic idea and I wish you all the luck in the world with that. I think you'd be perfect for it.

See you all later, have the best Saturday you can.

Lots of love xx
Old 05-08-2021, 03:49 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi lovelies

Just popping in to say goodnight with a pic of my kitties, big Lulu and little Loki.

Sleep well ladies and have a good day Dee. xx

Old 05-09-2021, 12:35 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Good morning lovelies, I can't believe it's Sunday already, the days are flying by. It's not raining at the moment though it's rained all night and the sky still looks full of it.
It's my daughter's b.friends birthday today ( Mandy's son) so I'll be going to my daughter's at some point to drop his card and birthday present off. I'm giving him money as he wants to buy a subscription for some audio books that my daughter couldn't remember the name of.
Anyway, it's been a bit quiet here this last couple of days, I hope you're all okay.

I'm off to catch up on my other posts, hopefully I'll be back later.

Have a good day.

Lots of love xx
Old 05-09-2021, 04:46 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

daisy x thanks for sharing the pics they are lovely!!!
hope u have good day and good to hear from u also snitch x
Old 05-09-2021, 02:59 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thanks Erratic, glad you like them.

I'm off to bed in a minute so I'll say goodnight.

Loads of love to you all xxx