Notices

Class of September 2020 Part 2

Old 09-23-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erica375 View Post
Thank you, Venuscat.
I remembered someone (it was Patcha) writing about sitting on the couch, "rage eating chips." I don't know if they were British chips or American chips, but that's what I decided to do, too. Didn't help much, but at least it wasn't alcohol.
I'm not feeling strong today. Not quite sure what my plans are. For now I'll just go with staying away from booze.
And maybe order in some food? Maybe a nice treat....you are making me want chicken soup....actually, you gave me an easy idea for tomorrow night. I want to do a simple anniversary dinner for my husband and moi, and I a not up for a lot of cooking yet....as in cooking that requires being on our feet for quite a while.

I hope you find something that can make you feel a little cheerier today. With you every step. s xx

FF love ~ I would call as many times as I needed to get through. s
I know, it's crazy frustrating though.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 3, last night was way better. No sweats and i think i actually got some decent sleep. My husband and i are not working right now, the restaurant we worked at closed due too coviod, plus one of us has to home for online schooling due to coviod. This provides allot of idle time, which provided allot of time to drink earlier and more this last year. So I've started doing food deliveries throughout the day, it gets me out of the house (good for my mental health) and keeps me busy. I also have been trying to pick a project (clean/organise hallway closet) to complete everyday. I'm looking for work, but not much out there in my industry and i need something that pays enough to cover my bills. What a year, hopefully the positive that comes out of it is sobriety. Have a great sober day!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

The head of my dept is going to sign my forms and send them on to the registration office. So I might get registered for college in the next week or two, all going well.

I had an online meeting with a possible final year project supervisor which went well. I'm going to meet her in the lab next Wednesday to discuss further. I'm hoping she agrees to be my supervisor.

So things are slowly moving forward college-wise.

Feel confident about my new sobriety. After learning I said something nasty to my sister she's still angry about while blackout drunk, I have no desire to drink again. I miss being pals with her. I hope she can forgive me.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Erica375

Venuscat, I have a lovely roast that was on sale so I'm thinking of pot roast for supper. If it weren't for that it would definitely be an ordering food day.

Freedomfries, at last some good news! I'm rooting for you!

I'm trying to figure out where the bad mood is coming from. Much of it may be the ear infection. I guess I thought the ear drops that were such a problem to get would be a magic elixir. Instead they are annoying. The liquid is very thick and stays in my ear canal relentlessly. I suppose that's what it's meant to do, but it's infuriating. That, added to the pain, is driving me over the edge. Trying to be grateful, but it's a reach.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Venuscat, I have a lovely roast that was on sale so I'm thinking of pot roast for supper. If it weren't for that it would definitely be an ordering food day.

Freedomfries, at last some good news! I'm rooting for you!

I'm trying to figure out where the bad mood is coming from. Much of it may be the ear infection. I guess I thought the ear drops that were such a problem to get would be a magic elixir. Instead they are annoying. The liquid is very thick and stays in my ear canal relentlessly. I suppose that's what it's meant to do, but it's infuriating. That, added to the pain, is driving me over the edge. Trying to be grateful, but it's a reach.
Pot roast sounds delish, it started pouring rain here and it's perfect weather for a pot roast or beef stew. I'm sorry you don't feel well, hang in there
Old 09-23-2020, 10:05 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Erica375

And this is what I'm stressing over. Because I've had 2 (or 1 recurring) middle ear infection this month, my dr wants to send me to an ENT. I've been to an ENT, decades ago. He told me, "You have a severely deviated septum." Well, I know how deviated septums are treated, and I want none of it.

Five years ago I had surgery for collapsed discs and spinal stenosis. Actually, I had four surgeries in less than two weeks. After the 3rd surgery I refused to sign the consent papers and BEGGED my family to let me die. I was undermedicated and in agony.

I am now permanently disabled and have permanent nerve injury and am almost always in pain. Severe (and painful) muscle spasms in legs and feet from nerve damage.

So, NO. NO ONE IS COMING NEAR MY FACE WITH A SCALPEL. If I consent to surgery to fix my nose, I may end up with half my face gone.

Yeah, I'm scared.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I have bad TMJ and one ear is affected always. Sometimes I have a lot of pain. Sometimes I can't hear well out of that ear. And it makes me moody as heck. Big time. Just saying. s

Also, early sobriety is like being a teenager all over again.
Remember that? Suddenly, bad mood.
Just as suddenly, great mood.

If I was you, I would try not to worry about it....just do some nice things for yourself. s

......AWESOME NEWS FF!!!!! s

....and Backtogood, lots of hard stuff to deal with for sure. Two jobs, home schooling....it's hard.
Is it worth you becoming an Instacart shopper for the moment to help tide you guys over? s xx

oh....not sure where you live.....an Amazon delivery driver maybe? xxxxxx
Old 09-23-2020, 10:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks venus. I'm starting to think this could be the year I finally graduate.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have bad TMJ and one ear is affected always. Sometimes I have a lot of pain. Sometimes I can't hear well out of that ear. And it makes me moody as heck. Big time. Just saying. s

Also, early sobriety is like being a teenager all over again.
Remember that? Suddenly, bad mood.
Just as suddenly, great mood.

If I was you, I would try not to worry about it....just do some nice things for yourself. s

......AWESOME NEWS FF!!!!! s

....and Backtogood, lots of hard stuff to deal with for sure. Two jobs, home schooling....it's hard.
Is it worth you becoming an Instacart shopper for the moment to help tide you guys over? s xx

oh....not sure where you live.....an Amazon delivery driver maybe? xxxxxx
yes both my husband and i are instacarting it for extra money and, honestly, it nice to have "me" time away from hubby and son. We've been stuck in the house together since march. He's trying to quit drinking with me, he got to day 2 and said "this is harder then i thought". I'm like no ****. Then he said the ultimate setting yourself up for failure, "well, I'm not trying to quit completely, just cut back" I'm glad he's trying to be supportive.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

September and Onwards

Hello Everyone
I started sobriety again yesterday , ( 22nd ) , and posted in the New Members Forum , (although I first signed up here just over three years ago). It was suggested I post on this thread also .
I'm so pleased to be back and plan on looking at this site when I have more time at the weekend , ( I'm not very computer literate , so I think it would do me good ) .
in the meantime , I'm doing well on my 2nd day and hopefully can check in regularly to keep saying the same .
Wishing everyone the best .
Old 09-23-2020, 12:39 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group dear Summerof76. s ❤️
Old 09-23-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi there all! I don’t know if I’m doing this right and hope I’m not intruding but I’m on day 3 and just would like to say that on here. Thanks for keeping me accountable!
Old 09-23-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

You are doing it right dear Klm1986. s

Welcome to SR and to the group and congrats on day 3!!! ❤️
Old 09-23-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Might make an another appt with my counselor. Though I don't trust her. I don't know if it's paranoia or if she really is untrustworthy. Not sure if I'll make the appt. But I do need counselling of some sort and I probably won't trust any counselor. So I dunno.
Do you know what it is that makes you feel like counselors are untrustworthy? I've had the same therapist for over 10 years and I love her. Everything is better since I started working with her. The first few years were tough though. There was a lot to break down and deal with. I credit her with the amazingly increased self acceptance I have these days. It didn't help with the drinking problems, but it helped with everything else. I tried quite a few different therapists and types of therapy until I found this one.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you, Venuscat.
I remembered someone (it was Patcha) writing about sitting on the couch, "rage eating chips." I don't know if they were British chips or American chips, but that's what I decided to do, too. Didn't help much, but at least it wasn't alcohol.
I'm not feeling strong today. Not quite sure what my plans are. For now I'll just go with staying away from booze.
Australian chips, or crisps as I think the British would call them. It's day 16 now and I feel like my regular good mood has been restored. No rage eating the last two days :-)
Old 09-23-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Summerof76 View Post
Hello Everyone
I started sobriety again yesterday , ( 22nd ) , and posted in the New Members Forum , (although I first signed up here just over three years ago). It was suggested I post on this thread also .
I'm so pleased to be back and plan on looking at this site when I have more time at the weekend , ( I'm not very computer literate , so I think it would do me good ) .
in the meantime , I'm doing well on my 2nd day and hopefully can check in regularly to keep saying the same .
Wishing everyone the best .
Welcome Summerof 76!

Originally Posted by Klm1986 View Post
Hi there all! I don’t know if I’m doing this right and hope I’m not intruding but I’m on day 3 and just would like to say that on here. Thanks for keeping me accountable!
Welcome Kim1986!

So pleased to have you both here with us.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Evening all, was back to square one at the end of last week, straight back on it and on day 5 tomorrow. I seem to be having regular setbacks weekly. Really want to make this work and drinking is now no fun as I know it’s not of any benefit for me or my family. Any recommendations would be welcome to help me try and get to the three/four week period. I am part of the class of September 2020 and would very much like to remain a member for the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance all 👍🏻
Old 09-23-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I am not sure if you are/were a daily or more of a binge drinker dear Daytona.....so I am thinking what days seem to be the trigger days for you? And what are you used to doing on those days?

For me, it was a lot about learning new habits and then letting them become ingrained.
Like for example (just my thing) I am here on SR as soon as I wake up (after doing a few household tasks and getting a coffee ) every day.
It is a new (well not anymore) habit that is part of my recovery process.

Change is good. s xx

Old 09-23-2020, 03:59 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Weekenders thread Summerof76, Klm1986 and Daytona1977. I notice you all have years in your usernames!
Old 09-23-2020, 09:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning sobernauts. It's five thirty. Going to head down to the park gym at 6am for a little workout. It's day seven. Feel confident in my sobriety now I've made a big plan. The AV doesn't bother me. It can whine all it likes. I don't drink anymore.