Last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...2020-a-20.html

D
Old 09-19-2020, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very early good morning dear Dee. s xx ❤️
Old 09-19-2020, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Checking in on page 2. Today is my 19th day of being sober. I'm doing fine though I have noticed that in the last two or three days time has began to drag a little. I think I need to sit down and plan a few things for me to do over the next few days. I prefer to be busy than sitting thinking of what to do next. That's when boredom sets in and my mind starts to work overtime.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Planner here too Robbie. s xx
Old 09-19-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I知 hoping I値l be inspired to do ANYTHING soon. I知 trying to just get off the couch and stretch.

i keep missing my ex and just wanting to retreat farther into seclusion.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did go to the grocery store to make sure I have a few things here. Some simple vegetables and some ice cream. A couple snacks. A box of raspberry zinger tea which really helps during these times
Old 09-19-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know how awful it is when your heart hurts Plenny love. Talking about it is good. It always helps me. s
And good food and ice cream is good as well. xx ❤️
Old 09-19-2020, 05:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning Septemberinos. Raining here. Nice to wake up with a clear head although I'm still so tired. Need to finish my coffee and get moving.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I know how awful it is when your heart hurts Plenny love. Talking about it is good. It always helps me. s
And good food and ice cream is good as well. xx ❤️
thank you. I always forget how much it hurts
Old 09-20-2020, 01:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sharkez

Morning all,

Not much to report this weekend but trying to keep to a routine (including checking in here). It's a bit frustrating as I am focusing on connecting with others as the lockdown tightens here in the UK and the options for meeting up are reduced. Thankfully we have the internet. I would be truly isolated without it.

I've noticed this week that I am becoming more absorbed with tasks so my mind has rarely graduated towards alcohol. I was in the supermarket yesterday and had to queue up right next to the booze. I was able to disassociate from the view of the bottles but I averted my gaze before I was tempted to imagine the taste of it. No point tempting fate.

I'm still really speedy in my head but I have been making a concerted effort to slow down including meditating daily which I think is starting to have a positive effect.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sharkez

Smile

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
I知 hoping I値l be inspired to do ANYTHING soon. I知 trying to just get off the couch and stretch.

i keep missing my ex and just wanting to retreat farther into seclusion.
I'm sorry you are going through that Plenny. Just doing one thing often leads to some momentum to do more I find. If I were you I'd start with some fresh air and my favourite music. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm supposed to be starting college tomorrow but I haven't been able to get registered. My department is taking its time signing my repeat form so I don't have access to college email and I'm not on the class mailing list, which means lecturers aren't sending me links to the online lectures. I've been emailing them asking them to send links to my private email but I'm not getting replies. So I could be missing out on lectures until I get registered which might not be for another month at this rate. And I emailed my dept asking about the lab timetable but haven't got a reply!

It's very frustrating as I'm not on alcohol or drugs and really trying my best and at this rate I'll fail the year again through no fault of my own. At least I have no desire to drink. With the antabuse, I can't drink enough to get a buzz so it's pointless.

So it's day 3. I wish I never drank since I started the 400mg antabuse. I haven't been able to get drunk so it's just been pointless. Oh well. Onwards and upwards.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well, after my post yesterday, I found some cash and gave in again with the wine. I know; Pathetically sad. I was going to hide away from SR for a few days, but what good would that do. I am an addict, but not for good. I’m going to slay this beast before it hurts me any further.

Back to day one. I know Dee will ask me what I will do different (I love him for that) and I’m not sure. I will make sure all cash is out of the house. I’ve already given my husband my debit card. And I will work on continuing to change my thinking and reminding myself I no longer drink; take the option completely off the table. I might call my counselor this week too.

Freedom, that college situation sounds terribly frustrating. I’m not sure how your system works there, but it seems like they should have gotten you ready for day 1 of classes. Your right though; onward and upward. We have to stop going back to our old ways.

Citrus, Are you still out there? How’s the family?
Old 09-20-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Maybe a new strategy Jewel honey.....it is around the same time of day that you end up caving, so maybe plan an afternoon activity that will be peaceful or fun....do you have a new jigsaw puzzle by chance? Or do you knit? Something creative/fun that will get your happy chemicals going. s ❤️
Old 09-20-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That is really stressful dear FF
I get what's going on now.....sometimes that stuff takes ages.
The way I see it.....you need to call the head of your dept tomorrow....someone has to be in charge of all of this.....someone in admin or student resources.....it's one form that needs to be organised for you. That's what I would do. s xx ❤️
Old 09-20-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks, Venus. Yes. I’m going to get back to walking between 3 and 5:00. That helps a lot and the weather has been perfect for it. Thanks for your quick replies!
Old 09-20-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

If you get stressy on your walk, text me love....I will be in the garden. My happy place. s
Old 09-20-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sharkez

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Well, after my post yesterday, I found some cash and gave in again with the wine. I know; Pathetically sad. I was going to hide away from SR for a few days, but what good would that do. I am an addict, but not for good. I知 going to slay this beast before it hurts me any further.

Back to day one. I know Dee will ask me what I will do different (I love him for that) and I知 not sure. I will make sure all cash is out of the house. I致e already given my husband my debit card. And I will work on continuing to change my thinking and reminding myself I no longer drink; take the option completely off the table. I might call my counselor this week too.

Freedom, that college situation sounds terribly frustrating. I知 not sure how your system works there, but it seems like they should have gotten you ready for day 1 of classes. Your right though; onward and upward. We have to stop going back to our old ways.

Citrus, Are you still out there? How痴 the family?
In my experience, you need to find a new focus for your addictive desires and this is something which wasn't even mentioned to me when I went to rehab 4 years ago. Focus the relentless drive of your inner addict for good rather than self destruction. For me it's exercise. It's up to each individual to find out what works best for them.

Well done for not shying away from SR. You can do it.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Erica375

Late and lazy start this morning. I picked up the oral antibiotics yesterday but the pharmacy was out of the eardrops until Monday. My ear is starting to feel better.

Dee, that sounds like a good theory to me. I will look into bolstering my immune system. I also wonder if the bacterial infections are being fueled by the extra sugar and carbs I've been consuming. That needs to stop. As in, I need to stop eating the apple crisp doughnuts my daughter brought home!

Venuscat, you are such a sweetheart! Thank you for your kindness.

It's almost 10 a.m. here, and I'm still in my pajamas, so time to get moving. My plan for today:
--Eat well (avoid doughnuts)
--Take vitamins
--Sort through and gather things to donate to charity (so I can drop them off tomorrow)
--Relax
-- STAY SOBER!!!
Old 09-20-2020, 07:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Apple crisp donut.....oh that sounds good. s xx