Notices

Class of September 2020 Part 2

Old 09-21-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Burgers, Doughnuts, you guys are making me hungry The Krispy Kreme's were calling out to me at the shop earlier, way more than the booze, which I guess is a good sign.

Anyway, just a quick check in for me on day 29. It's been one of those days at work, crazy busy all day and I felt like I spent my whole shift covering for other peoples mistakes. But I think I handled it quite well and managed to resolve things bit by bit rather than going into a mad panic and then drinking afterwards to "de-stress" which never works anyway. I've made some food, had a bath and feel much better. It seems like a few of us have had a difficult one today, but at least we're not doing it alone.

Oh and welcome Phil

Old 09-21-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well done dear B. Gosh. Mondays huh? s xx
Old 09-21-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

After 5 days not drinking and feeling great about myself, i spent the last 5 days drinking and feeling like crap. I don't even like to drink anymore, the guilt, the shame, I'm unmotivated, bloated, and back to day 1. Don't know why i do this to myself.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

It sounds like it is pretty hard to not drink at home love....you are not getting any sober support. And that is tough.
But we all support you....big time. s xx ❤️
Old 09-21-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It sounds like it is pretty hard to not drink at home love....you are not getting any sober support. And that is tough.
But we all support you....big time. s xx ❤️
thanks I'm stronger than this tho, i know better! And day 1 and 2 suck, why would i want to go through this again? Just need to get some sober days behind me. Make a plan, keep busy.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phil71els View Post
Joining the class. Was part of the Jan 2019 class but made a huge mistake back at the end of June and so I am here. I am glad to be here, that there is somewhere like SR to come to for help. I had 18 months sober. Dont make the mistake I made. Hoping this is the start of another 18 months of sobriety (and the rest of my life!!).
Today I will not drink.
Hi Phil and welcome to the class.

Originally Posted by Sharkez View Post
I was thinking of not posting today cos I'm in a bad mood but I need to make a habit and keep to my routines.

It's weird, yesterday I was positively buzzing almost to the point of elation and today I am not feeling it at all. I slept funny on my neck a few days ago and it's really stiff today so that's making me grumpy. I'm trying to force myself to look at jobs online but I don't even know when to start.
When I was drinking I was rarely in a bad mood the way I am in a bad mood almost always now I've stopped. I know it will pass. Sigh. It's so tedious. If you don't mind a suggestion, the Ask A Manager blog/website has great info for job hunting. I can't recommend it highly enough. I even brought the ebook "How to Get a Job" and downloaded the free interview guide. I credit those plus other info from the blog posts for getting me the best jobs I've had in my 35 year career.

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
After 5 days not drinking and feeling great about myself, i spent the last 5 days drinking and feeling like crap. I don't even like to drink anymore, the guilt, the shame, I'm unmotivated, bloated, and back to day 1. Don't know why i do this to myself.
Oh god I hear you. We do it over and over because we're addicted. Simple as that. Stick around with us and post the good, bad and indifferent.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Phil71els

D
Old 09-21-2020, 07:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 1 AGAIN

Hello all, I am back. After days, weeks, and months of daily drinking, I am quitting today. I have gained so much weight that I am having to purchase new clothes. I was looking a a sizing chart on the web and it said something about the waist line, I measured Mine was over 40 inches! Disgusting!!!I haven't stepped on the scales. I will in the morning. I am a 5'8'' mature female. This is what 12 beers a day will do to you.
I am sick & ashamed of myself, of my lack of self control, my lack of motivation, my lack of self respect. I see the way people look at me when I am drinking, unable to control myself. I pray daily for sobriety. I am joining this group. I will be chatting with you all. I am traveling for the next 3 days. Send me positive thoughts and energy & prayers.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:07 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, travelbug - positive thoughts and energy & prayers sent your way
Old 09-21-2020, 09:29 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome travelbug

D
Old 09-21-2020, 10:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well, college is a disaster so far.
.I got anxious during an online lecture yesterday and closed the laptop. And since I'm not registered, some lecturers are refusing to send me the links to the online lectures and I cant go to labs.

I have the tuition money ready to register and I submitted the forms. But the registration office needs approval from my school which they haven't gotten yet. So there's nothing I can do except wait. Was tempted to just say **** it yesterday and drink but I didn't. Had a few benzos to take the edge off which -not ideal- but I do have a prescription.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:08 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

So there's nothing I can do except wait.
I wouldn't sit back and wait.
If you won't fight for yourself it's very unlikely someone else will.

I'd be going to your faculty office asap and asking why your approval is being withheld.

D
Old 09-22-2020, 04:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'll email the registration office and ask have they received the approval. I haven't had an email from them since Thursday so they might have received it since.

I wish I could phone them or visit the office in person but everyone is working from home.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Erica375

Welcome, Travelbug! I think you'll like it here. It's a great place to vent and get support.

FreedomFries, it seems nothing is working right these days. This is minor compared to what you're experiencing, but yesterday I had to jump through an extra couple of hoops to get my prescription filled. I had to make a few phone calls and ask questions. I'm sure you've done much more than that by now; what I'm trying to say is, don't give up. Take a day off if you need a break, but keep at them. You can be polite and relentlessly annoying at the same time. And, of course, don't drink. It doesn't help.
My goals for today:
-- Go to the gym
-- Clear area around wood stove. It became a mask-producing sweatshop and I need to clear away all the flammable things.
-- STAY SOBER
That's it for now.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
Hello all, I am back. After days, weeks, and months of daily drinking, I am quitting today. I have gained so much weight that I am having to purchase new clothes. I was looking a a sizing chart on the web and it said something about the waist line, I measured Mine was over 40 inches! Disgusting!!!I haven't stepped on the scales. I will in the morning. I am a 5'8'' mature female. This is what 12 beers a day will do to you.
I am sick & ashamed of myself, of my lack of self control, my lack of motivation, my lack of self respect. I see the way people look at me when I am drinking, unable to control myself. I pray daily for sobriety. I am joining this group. I will be chatting with you all. I am traveling for the next 3 days. Send me positive thoughts and energy & prayers.
So glad to see you love. s
With you every step. xxxxx ❤️
Old 09-22-2020, 08:33 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 16 (or day 120 without the two drinking days)

Just wanted to check in to send everyone positive, clearheaded vibes x
Old 09-22-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sharkez

Originally Posted by Patcha View Post
Hi Phil and welcome to the class.

When I was drinking I was rarely in a bad mood the way I am in a bad mood almost always now I've stopped. I know it will pass. Sigh. It's so tedious. If you don't mind a suggestion, the Ask A Manager blog/website has great info for job hunting. I can't recommend it highly enough. I even brought the ebook "How to Get a Job" and downloaded the free interview guide. I credit those plus other info from the blog posts for getting me the best jobs I've had in my 35 year career.

Oh god I hear you. We do it over and over because we're addicted. Simple as that. Stick around with us and post the good, bad and indifferent.

Cool, thanks Patcha, I'll take a look.

I woke up in agony today. I made my neck a whole lot worse by lifting weights yesterday to the point that I could barely move last night. I've been yelping in pain whenever I turn my head today and I have to retrospectively apologise to the pharmacist I was unduly rude to this morning when I was demanding the strongest pain killers she could sell me. I get snappy when I'm in pain and I make terrible patient.

However, old me would have let it spoil my day and resented the setback but I don't feel that way as such. I am becoming more accepting of things I can't change and less hard on myself which has been something many, many people have pointed out to me in the past and until quite recently I have been blind to.

Cranking through my to do list quite nicely this afternoon, drinking fizzy water with lime and fresh ginger, listening to music that most of you would hate I'm sure.

Have a goodun' everyone

Old 09-22-2020, 08:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

What exercises were you doing, Sharkez!?

And you're going to have to clarify the 'music we'd hate' now
Old 09-22-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Made my big plan of AVRT. Never really committed to permanent abstinence before. I always figured I'd stay sober for a period of time then try moderation.

But I learned I said something extremely nasty to my sister (I don't know what) when I was blacked out and that's why she's not speaking to me. This has really upset me. We used to be pals. I can't risk getting blackout drunk again and saying something like that to a loved one.

So I'm committing to permanent abstinence.

Will be using AVRT and posting on SR as my main recovery tools. Don't feel like SMART and AA are really for me. I think AVRT will work for me now that I'm really committing to it.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sharkez

Originally Posted by Resurgence View Post
What exercises were you doing, Sharkez!?

And you're going to have to clarify the 'music we'd hate' now
I was doing a full body dumbbell routine at home. I strained my neck in my sleep a few days back but I thought it was ok. Obviously not.

I'm listening to this playlist I made on spotify. It's abstract and ambient techno. Defo not for Ed Sheeran fans :

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5T...QWa5F47SpI0XsA