Notices

Class of September 2020 Part 2

Old 09-20-2020, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the complications with college, Freedom. It seems like the whole system is a big inefficient pile of trash right now. We are all trying our best but circumstances totally out of our individual control are occurring rapidly and affecting what others see. It’s just a really big catch-22. All we can do is continue to breathe. I’m sure we have all experienced how clarity can be achieved once everything shakes out. I really hope that’s what happens with this whole big mess we’re in. That it will self organize just as nature does when left to its devices. It just may take a while
Old 09-20-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hello gang,

Drawing to a close a busy but enjoyable weekend here in the UK. It's gone super quick but I've seen my family and had some good food, the company really cheered me up after the weekday isolation of working from home. Today marks 4 weeks since my last drink which feels like it's gone by quite quickly.

Just making some coffee before I do some exercise, I probably have about a stone of weight to shed that I've put on during lockdown, mainly in Ice Cream! So about time I made a start on that.

Take care all
Old 09-20-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sharkez View Post
Morning all,I was in the supermarket yesterday and had to queue up right next to the booze. I was able to disassociate from the view of the bottles but I averted my gaze before I was tempted to imagine the taste of it. No point tempting fate.
That was me in Aldi yesterday. I was in a hurry and the checkout nearest the booze was the shortest line. Urgh.

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Well, after my post yesterday, I found some cash and gave in again with the wine. I know; Pathetically sad. I was going to hide away from SR for a few days, but what good would that do. I am an addict, but not for good. I’m going to slay this beast before it hurts me any further.

Back to day one. I know Dee will ask me what I will do different (I love him for that) and I’m not sure. I will make sure all cash is out of the house. I’ve already given my husband my debit card. And I will work on continuing to change my thinking and reminding myself I no longer drink; take the option completely off the table. I might call my counselor this week too.
Going back to your counselor sounds like a good idea Jewel. Will power only takes us so far. I feel like I have a finite amount of will power and once it's used up, I can't rely on it any more. I have to find other tools.

Old 09-20-2020, 06:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Urgh I really want a drink. Abstaining seems like such a silly idea. Who came up with that!? Urgh. I wish I cold try an apple crisp donut. They sound amazing.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whenever I' felt like a drink' I usually really wanted something else - less stress. more freedom...whatever
any ideas what you're really wanting Patcha?

D
Old 09-20-2020, 06:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I want the off switch the first few drinks provide! I don't want all the crap further drinks will bring though. Sigh.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Erica375

I hear you, Patcha. I suppose that's what we all want, the pleasant part without the unpleasant consequences.

There's one apple crisp doughnut left and I did not it eat it! I did have 2 of the pumpkin doughnut holes, though. So... progress?
Old 09-20-2020, 09:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I’ve been wanting donuts all night. I may have to ride my bike the three miles to get some and then I’ll feel a bit better about enjoying them

also I just spent a third day glued to the couch. I did do a little bit of exercise today though. I’m hoping if I start doing a little every day I can start to feel better, or manage this depression.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can find more positive ways to relax Patcha
D
Old 09-21-2020, 03:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you can find more positive ways to relax Patcha
D
I'm grumpily sitting on the couch rage eating chips. I'm about to start reading a book actually written for Native Americans about recovery called Wellbriety.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Joining the class. Was part of the Jan 2019 class but made a huge mistake back at the end of June and so I am here. I am glad to be here, that there is somewhere like SR to come to for help. I had 18 months sober. Dont make the mistake I made. Hoping this is the start of another 18 months of sobriety (and the rest of my life!!).
Today I will not drink.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Erica375

Welcome, Phil!
Right now I have a cup of coffee next to me and my dog is on my lap, snuggled under a blanket. Chilly morning here.
I was feeling melancholy about it being the end of summer, but now I'm looking forward to wood stove fires and all the tourists leaving.
Not quite sure what I'm going to do with myself today, which is not a good thing. I was planning on a trip to the Savers store to drop off donations, but there's more stuff I could go through to have more to donate.
And there's a huge list of things I shoulddo, which is a HUGE red flag for me. I spin myself into a tizzy and then guess what happens. Yep, I get frustrated and I drink. Lately I have stopped this cycle by staying home all day, so I might need to do that now.
That seems like the safest plan. And there's plenty for me to do at home. I could even find a yoga video for exercise. Or I could go for a walk (leaving wallet at home).
I just remembered my ear drops should be at the pharmacy this afternoon, though. Ok, well, that's later, not now, so I'll worry about that when they're actually ready to be picked up.
Whew! That's better. And NO DOUGHNUTS (that includes the holes) today!
Old 09-21-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phil71els View Post
Joining the class. Was part of the Jan 2019 class but made a huge mistake back at the end of June and so I am here. I am glad to be here, that there is somewhere like SR to come to for help. I had 18 months sober. Dont make the mistake I made. Hoping this is the start of another 18 months of sobriety (and the rest of my life!!).
Today I will not drink.
Welcome back dear Phil! ❤️
Old 09-21-2020, 06:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I like the way you plan out your day Erica. s ❤️
Old 09-21-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Erica, that is me too; I get really overwhelmed with my to-do’s and and feel frozen not knowing what to do next. That is a big reason I have turned to wine so much; feelings of being overwhelmed. I’m working on doing the next thing, whatever it is and no matter how small. Just doing the next thing everyday so I feel more caught up. Enjoy your day.

Welcome back, Phil. So glad you’re here.

working on day 2 again.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sharkez

Hey Phil and welcome. Hey all,

I was thinking of not posting today cos I'm in a bad mood but I need to make a habit and keep to my routines.

It's weird, yesterday I was positively buzzing almost to the point of elation and today I am not feeling it at all. I slept funny on my neck a few days ago and it's really stiff today so that's making me grumpy. I'm trying to force myself to look at jobs online but I don't even know when to start.

Sorry, not sorry for having a moan. I am taking solace in the fact that my thoughts aren't turning to drink even though I'm feeling off. I'm of the mindset that drink = fat now so it's the last thing I want to do as I am putting so much effort into exercise again. The amount of huffing and puffing it takes to work off a bottle of wine is ridiculous.

Hope the rest of you are having a good day.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am also in a bad mood.
Just saying....I have good reasons.
And they would sound funny if I type them out....nothing that is my fault....life stuff....and I am also sore today and it doesn't help.

I remember being in early recovery: I had no idea what to do with a day like this.

Now, I just do my best to move through it.
"This too shall pass" is playing in my head, as is the serenity prayer. s xx
Old 09-21-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Erica375

So have I gotten everyone craving doughnuts? 🍩😂
Change of plans, but a victory! After I posted this morning I thought, I can let the AV control me by letting it talk me into drinking, or I can let it control me by being so afraid of it I'm cowering indoors. Or I could tell myself I can go out and just not buy booze. What a concept!
So I went out, got the yarn I wanted and some groceries. I drove past the liquor store and instead went to the burger place next to it. Brought it home and ate half.
Now I'm full and I don't want alcohol or sweets. A fast food burger isn't the healthiest choice, but I'll work on that. I had also bought a box of sugary cereal and this morning I put what was left out for the squirrels. They need to be fat more than I do!
All in all, I'm feeling much saner and stronger. Still waiting to hear about the eardrops.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

A half a burger sounds perfect love....I think you are doing amazingly! s ❤️
Old 09-21-2020, 12:32 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Erica375

Thank you, Venuscat. I'll have the other half for supper. Still waiting for the eardrops. I'll give it another half hour, then call.