Class of April 2018 Part 15

Old 11-04-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

HaPpY BiRtHdAY ErRAtIc

💐🎁🎊♥️🥳💖🎂🎊
Old 11-04-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I am glad Peter is getting all the right treatment. Its bloOdy scary and this is coming from someone who wasn't that worried originally! I really dont want to get it and so I am just being extra cautious and also i am glad that despite what this is doing to the economy and people's livelihoods that their is a lockdown. The trouble is alot of people won't stick to it and I know we are powerless over others but it kind of defeats the purpose doesnt it. Still, I can only do my bit and yeh Daisy we won't be affected too much either luckily. I hope they develop a vaccine soon as I can't see any other way of this ending. !

Happy birthday Erratic, I hope you had a lovely day and got spoilt rotten! Errr with the veggie ... I went for a roast dinner on sunday and was craving beef!! Lol. So I had it and I never eat anything but chicken usually when I go out for roasts as I like my meat well done and its usually quite rare in pubs but omg I was craving it with mustard!! So not off to a good start 🤣 I dunno I wrestle with my conscience. I watched that video and it was so awful but then I reqlly dissociate with what's on my plate with what I've seen. My friend who is veggie said maybe cut things outs bit by bit rather than all at once. I only eat chicken and fish at home usually anyway so we'll see. I am definitely going to experiment more with veggie meals though. I really love tofu so thats a good start. Lol.

Hope all is ok with you Dee and also Viper especially with what's going on in the States at the moment.

Night all catch you tomorrow xxx
Old 11-04-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I know you love trees Erratic and I know the tree trunk is a bit different from the usual flowers and stuff but we like different. I hope you've had the best of days.

Suze, he really is in the best place, I think he's turned a bit of a corner today, they took him off the oxygen this morning and he's done well breathing on his own, plus he's eaten. He's had his second transfusion of plasma and so far so good. Covid is scary and it's far worse than I imagined, I know most people get a mild dose, but for those that don't, well I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. There are so many different aspects to it too, you read that the main symptoms are a high temperature, a new cough and loss of taste, Peter had the high temperature, a sore throat, he's always coughing with his asthma so there wasn't anything different there, but all the joints in his body were aching painfully, even his skin was aching, then he got the itches, then he got sick and diarrhea, the doctors told him that everyone gets different symptoms, so be careful and stay as safe as you can.
To be honest I can't see a vaccine being available any time soon and to be even more honest I don't think I would want it if one did become available.

I hope you're okay Dee.

I'd best go and check my other threads, it's late and I need to be getting to bed.

Love to all of you and stay safe. xx
Old 11-04-2020, 11:29 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Morning 🌻🌻

Just having a tea in bed and then up up up for school run and get on with the day ahead 😊😊

I think I may have had covid actually Daisy. It was when it was first around and I got back drin a busy flight from India and of my God I felt terrible. All my joints and muscles were so painful. I felt like I had been trampled on ny an elephant. It lasted 48 hours and then I was fine. Without a test I will never know if it was ir not but I do know I had never felt that way before! I would welcome a vaccine but being new it is quite scary when long term affects arent known but if I had the vaccine at least I would be able to see my parents! We'll see. It isnt here yet so I dont have to think about It today. I'm glad Peter is making an improvement 🙏

Not much else to say except have a safe and pleasant sober day

🙏🙏🙏
Old 11-05-2020, 12:50 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning everyone x yup surprise!! i asked my work mate to cover for me this morn and i would do one of her morning when she wants me too x

thanks for you bday wishes x yup u know me well daisy i do love trees and i also like diffrent x thanks also snitch for your bday wishes xx

daisy i am soo glad that mr D is turning a corner as your right this is not a good infection to get and it is hard on the people who have suffered the worst of this and are doing so now x

snitch, hey i know how hard it is to go veggie and yup the cravings do crop up and its usually either beef or bacon lol, im the same as u as now i do eat meet but i am also still picky and i try not to think of what i am eating and where it came from but i have my moments x your friend is right also about maybe cutting it down, but me as u know i can go jumping in the deep end as i dont have the patience for waiting for the long term, which is why i find it hard to give up this darn poison, So its just keep at it and keep trying x like i said other day i do have new med which i hope will settle my mood swings and help with staying off alcohol, i also have been thinking of a new hobby, which i hope i find the mindframe as im not that crafty but its fits in with who i am lol hard to explain, if you look up book nooks you will see what i mean, i dont want to purchase someone elses, but make my own, so have been hunting to get certain things so i can make one xx

anyway leave it there for now, im off to get a cup of tea xx hope u have a good day and hugs to u all xx u ok dee?
Old 11-05-2020, 01:42 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good thank erattic - hope you had a good day yesterday and a good one today

D
Old 11-05-2020, 05:39 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils and I hope to find you all well. I'm ok and Peter is doing well without his oxygen, so onwards and upwards for him. He's having a physio person today to try and get him back on his feet as he has some muscle wastage in his legs, so I'll find out how that went later. He's got a mithering person on his ward ( isn't there always one) who keeps shouting 'help, help, help' he only shouts it when a nurse is dealing with one of the other patients on the ward and if she doesn't go running to him immediately he starts shouting 'help pretty please!' The nurses gave him a buzzer to stop him shouting but he won't use it, he'd rather cause a rumpus. It won't be long before Peter gives him a mouthful, he's not the most patient when he's unwell, and when he does I'll know he's on the mend, lol.

Suze, it's quite possible that you did have Covid, there must be very many people going around who had it with mild symptoms and just disregarded them, I've probably done it myself. When Peter first went into hospital and they did blood tests, they said that he already had some antibodies in his blood which shows that he's had Covid before!! That's what would worry me about a vaccine, the fact that it would be new and we wouldn't know of any long term effects, but it's got to happen yet.

I hope you've enjoyed your surprise morning off Erratic, it's a good feeling when that happens. I think bacon is the thing that I would struggle with if I went completely veggie, just the smell of it makes me want to eat it. I hope that new med is the one for you, I shall keep my fingers crossed for that. 'Book nooks' sounds intriguing, I shall Google it later.

Have a good night Dee.

Lots of love to you all and whatever you do, stay safe.

xxx
Old 11-05-2020, 05:09 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Goodnight Aprils

Much love to all of you.

Stay safe. xxx
Old 11-06-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

xxxx
Old 11-06-2020, 12:20 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are looking up Daisy
hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 11-06-2020, 03:20 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hey guys.

Seren is at her dads so I am having a late night!

How is everyone today? I am surprised that your hubby's blood showed he may have had the virus before and also that it clearly affected him differently each time. That is quite scary. This thing is like nothing ever seen before! And I am getting more fearful about it by the day to be honest about where this is heading. How is he doing today Daisy?

Erratic I just looked up Book Nooks and I love them! Have you been on ETSY? It came up on my search and looks like the sell stuff to male your own. Good on you for taking up a hobby. I need to as well. I really don't do anything and I am getting into a real rut lately. Its depressing but I know its only me that can make the changes. Otherwise everything stays the same ugh!

I am worried about my brother. His wife walked out today with the kids and he text me and asked me for money so he could buy marijuana.he said if he didnt get smoke tonight he is gonna kill himself! I dont believe that but I was angry with him for saying that to me. No way am I giving him money to buy drugs. That blopdt drug had ruined my brothers life and even today he cant see that. He said he doesnt want to quit, he like smoking, or calms him, its legal most places and "millions" smoke it! He cant hold down a job, he has to be out of his property in a months time and his wife had just left him and taken his kids and yet he still doesnt see that this drug is a problem! He is in complete denial and also in victim mode pointing tbe finger at everyone else except himself. I have prayed for him. That his HIgher Power watches over him and guides him towards recovery because no one else is gonna make him get this. So please pray for him tonight. His name is Steven.

I will pray for him again now and say my thanks that I have found recovery and my life is not like that today. For that I am truly blessed.

Have a great weekend too Dee.

night all xx

Old 11-06-2020, 05:00 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry about your brother snitch.

D
Old 11-06-2020, 09:22 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

A very early good morning ( 05.20) to you my April friends, I hope you are all well. Peter came home yesterday, I had a feeling that he would be discharged by weekend when the physio had him up and about on Thursday. He is very weak and has lost 3 stones in weight, he's black and blue from all the lines he's had in, the blood tests, injections and canula's but hopefully, he'll get stronger by the day now.

Thanks Dee, I hope you have a good weekend too.

I'm sorry about your brother Suze and I'm glad you didn't give him any money, enabling him isn't the answer as you know. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Have a good Saturday and whatever you do keep safe.

Lots of love xxx
Old 11-07-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Dammitt just lost a long post.

Daisy I am so pleased hubby is back home to recuperate. He will be in good hands with you.

I'm ok nut getting a bit fed up with AA. Not so much the programme of AA. I love the 12 steps they have changed my life but some of the people urghhhh. I am also sick of hearing about how damaged and warped my thinking is. Alcoholics in AA all seem to think they have some special alcoholic thinking that makes them different to other humans and I just dont buy it.yes definitely where alcohol is concerned but not avout everything. It is starting to make me feel like a freak and if I say differently I get a bloody lecture. So patronising. Think I need to take a break and do less meetings or at least choose different meetings.

Anyway my brother spent a night in police cells and all he wants today is money to buy drugs with. No, oh look where my life is going maybe I need to do something about this. He is well and truly under the spell of addiction and it is so sad and so painful. I know there is such an amazing life ahead of him he chooses to get help but he cannot see it. I just have to keep praying for him and hope he gets it before he loses everything.

Seren's back tomorrow. I miss that little Tinker when she isnt here!

night all
Old 11-07-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

They say take what you need and leave the rest Snitch
There will always be people who try us, just as there are those who will lift us up

All the things you have been doing, it’s working - keep it up!
Old 11-08-2020, 02:33 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Good morning April friends and a happy Sunday to you all. Mr D.B's doing okay, he's eating and I think he looks a better colour than he did when he came home on Friday. I dyed my roots last night as all the hairdressers are closed again, the colour was supposed to be light brown and it's come out really dark, it looks almost black to me, a bit harsh I think so I hope it fades. I'll have to wash it a couple of times today and hope for the best.I also trimmed my fringe
Oh my life, the fireworks last night , people must have more money than sense. They were relentless until about 11 p.m, Lulu the cat wasn't impressed with the very loud ones and neither was I.

Suze, big hugs, I'm so sorry about your brother, I've been there with my son and there is nothing you can do, he has to want to be addiction free and he has to help himself before anyone else can help him. All you can do is carry on loving him, don't enable him by giving him money or anything, and pray for him. Remember the serenity prayer. Remember to take good care of you too.
I understand what you're saying re A.A., but like Dee said 'take the best and leave the rest' it's always there if you need it and to be honest, I get everything I need from S.R.

Morning Erratic, I hope all is good with you today.

Have a good afternoon/evening Dee.

Lots of love and keep safe. xxx
Old 11-08-2020, 02:35 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. You are right. In tradition 12 it states "principles before personalities" and I have to remember that. However I am looking for meetings that focus more on the steps and the spirituality side of AA rather than a discussion on peoples problems. I know it is important to get out how we are feeling but I rarely hear people share their struggles and then how they solve it with the steps. Its just a rant.
Anyway that is my rant over and I am sure I have been guilty of that too in fact I know I have so I have to keep humble.

Seren is back this afternoon and I havent achieved anything. I am becoming so lazy! I need to pray for motivation to get off my butt and get things done. I dont really know where to start so I tend to start nowhere. One day at a time and one little chore a day If that's all it takes and I will get there.

Happy sunday everyone

♥️♥️♥️
Old 11-08-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Where is everybody? Lol

I've been very proactive today! Cleaning and organising. Feels great. Got my baby back. All is good. Bedtime now. The days are flying past.

Night all sleep well
Old 11-08-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Suze, I think we cross posted this morning. Sounds like you've had a very busy day, being proactive is a really good feeling. See you here tomorrow, sleep well.

Goodnight Erratic, sweet dreams.

Have a good day Dee.

Keep safe Aprils.

Lots of love xx
Old 11-08-2020, 11:45 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all xx
glad mr d got home daisy x lets hope he has a quick recovery x sometimes home is best x
hey snitch x yeah book nooks looks like just at moment is i can get them on etsy, i have bought many things from etsy like my new bee cushions i got made for me and got on sat, also on the book nooks some people only sell just really the plain stuff and also some sell only the laser prints to get certain book nooks x however i have saved some places there to get some bits and bobs and this other place where they sell alot of dolls house kind of things which will fit the scale of a book nook, so again some peoples own ones are stunning x but pricey x

i am on day 3 AF and i started my new antiP which not having any side effects so far, so happy with that, so will see how everything goes x

snitch when i was at AA there was actually meetings just for the steps and the big book in certain time and area of where i lived. so maybe look for the study group of steps and the big book? x

not much planned for today, hub is at work in the bedroom, not sure what else i will do today, its foggy here which i do like,so hey hum in what today brings x

hope u all have good day will check again later xx