SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2018 Part 15 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/449045-class-april-2018-part-15-a.html)

Dee74 08-17-2020 02:02 AM

Class of April 2018 Part 15

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-14-a-20.html

D

Daisybelle 08-17-2020 05:50 PM

Yay 1st in, that doesn't happen often.

Thanks for the new part Dee.

Dee,my friend Mandy's partner has told her that he will buy her a mobility scooter as soon as, it's a priority now. I'm so pleased, we've all been trying to convince her for weeks. It will make such a difference to her life right now and I think it will give her the boost she so badly needs.

Thanks Suze, although Mandy is feeling better she looks dreadful and is feeling very tired all the time, but that could be something to do with her condition as well as a reaction to her fall on Friday. She's realised now that she can't walk and she's admitted that she had deteriorated but she's still talking about what she's going to do when her legs get better! At the end of the day though, if that thought keeps her going, then so be it, I would probably be the same if it were me. All we can do is take each day as it comes and make the best of whatever that day brings. So glad I'm sober.
I so need to give up sugar, I'll make tomorrow my day 1, I usually do well for a few days and then give up, I need to stick with it. I hope you get a good settlement from B.A and I hope you find something you really love, work wise. Continued prayers for your lovely mum.

Hope you're okay Erratic, I'm guessing that you're in one of your quiet moods and that is perfectly okay.

Lots of love to you all. xxx

Erratic 08-18-2020 12:08 AM

morning x sry have not been replying x also sry to hear about ur friend daisy and good that she is going to get a mobility scooter x snitch really glad u got urself motivated and carried on doing ur work out and also ur food plan thing x
i never did manage to do the weekend, never mind im not going to kickmyself for it. good note is spoke to my alcohol councillor and he is putting me for detox again, so that should push me forward and get some time off the drink and work on this thing i am doing. I have also started to do a journal which i write instead of doing it online and holds me accountable to answering certain things that this program ask of me. so just getting into a routine with that.
daughter is doing better and chunk izzy has now been put on omeprezole to help him as even the prescibed milk is causing him problems still. so they are looking at weaning him early and i think they will see if they will have to thicken up the milk he is on so it doesnt automaticaly come back up. poor wee might, but hey he is still trying to smile. little will is doing good also.
on a sad note is my daughter told me and dad that husband mum is in heart failiar and had fluid on the lungs not that long ago which they did eventually get rid of but she is still struggling to breath when we saw her on saturday as i think the rest of the fluid retention is not shifting, so its not looking to good. I still care for the lady, even though she doesnt like me and hasnt spoken to me for many years, but i always let daughter have relationship with her and my husband doesnt really talk to her either, but as i said we saw her on sat and he is thinking of making more of an effort to see her and not let the past get inbetween. So have told daughter that she will need to come up with izzy and will so she can meet them again as way things look is that she may not be with us for long, but will see. sry for the sad ramble.
anyway, off to get myself sorted for the day, hope u all have good day xx

Dee74 08-18-2020 12:29 AM

sorry to hear about your mother in law erratic but I'm pleased to hear theres some detox news in your future :)

D

Erratic 08-18-2020 01:44 AM

thanks dee, we are hoping it will be in couple of weeks, but hard to say due to the lockdown where i am but councillor is hopefull that it will be sooner than later x

Daisybelle 08-19-2020 05:51 AM

Good afternoon lovelies, I hope you're all well. Just thought I'd do a sneaky afternoon post whilst I can. Its a miserable day and we have the delights of 'Storm Ellen' to look forward to later, I've got no big plans really for today apart from housework, I'm going to tidy my bedroom and then take my g.son to karate later, he's on his x box in the dining room at the minute with his friends. I like it being in there because I can hear who he's talking to and what they're talking about. Can't be too careful these days.

Thanks for you kind words re my friend Erratic, she's also my daughter's mum in law, though I've probably already told you that a million and ten times. It's good news that your councillor is arranging a detox for you, I hope it is sooner rather than later.. the damned Covid has caused so many things to be put on hold, including my teeth, goodness knows when I'll get them done now, I can't see it being this year anyway. Writing the journal is a good idea and will help keep you accountable.
Poor Izzy being on Omeprezole at such a young age, I hope it works for him, Mr D.B takes that for his condition.
That's sad news about your mum in law Erratic and it shows what a good person you are not to try and stop your daughter from having a relationship with her, even though you don't speak her. I hope your husband does make an effort to speak to her, life is too short,

I'll probably be back later.

Love to all. xx

Daisybelle 08-19-2020 04:03 PM

Checking in to say goodnight and sleep well.

Lots of love to all of you xx

Dee74 08-19-2020 04:05 PM

thats good news Erratic :)
Night Daisy :)

D

Erratic 08-19-2020 09:18 PM

early morn check in xx
thanks for your reply daisy x on the storm yeah its going to hit us here also, will see how it goes at the moment its little bit windy and got fog. on the lockdown here where i am, we have another week of it we have been told by the woman lol nothing much else to report just now as its early and as usual i need another cup of tea. hope u all have a good day xx

Daisybelle 08-19-2020 11:59 PM

G. morning all.

Morning Erratic, Storm Ellen raged through the night, without causing any damage that I can see, it's died off now and it's looking to be a lovely, sunny day. I hope it's the same for you. Enjoy your tea, I'm just on my second cup.

Laters

Love to all xxx

Dee74 08-20-2020 01:54 AM

Glad you guys are ok - hope snitch is too :)

D

Erratic 08-20-2020 09:19 PM

morning x
you was right daisy x it must of happened through the night as once the fog and rain lifted we had a really hot day x i think its suppose to be warm again today i think. i have work this morn as usual so wont effect me either way lol. not much to report just now as i am still trying to wake up a little, but hope to get back on later today xx hope u all have a good day x

Daisybelle 08-21-2020 05:48 AM

Good afternoon all, think I spoke too soon, Storm Ellen is back with a vengeance, it's really, really windy here. Other than that all is well.

I hope work goes okay Erratic, keep drinking that Yorkshire tea, that'll help wake you up.

Hi Dee, have a good evening.

Thinking of you Suze, I hope everything is ok.

Back later

Love to all of you xxx

Erratic 08-21-2020 07:53 AM

afternoon x yeah we got wind and rain here also. had crap day at work, but will leave it there. i have got some thinking to do on what i want to do about work. anyway, hope even with whatever weather u have u have had a good day xx

thinking of you snitch and viper and hey dee xxx

Daisybelle 08-21-2020 04:28 PM

I'm sorry your day was rubbish Erratic, all I can say is do what's right for you. Take care.

See you all tomorrow.

Lots of love xx

Daisybelle 08-22-2020 08:16 AM

Good afternoon all of you, I hope you're all busy having an amazing Saturday.

I'll check in again later.

Lots of love xx

Erratic 08-22-2020 10:18 PM

morning x got usual work this morn x hope u all have a good sunday xx do we know where our snitch is? x viper? hope all is well with u both and u dee xx

Dee74 08-22-2020 11:31 PM

thanks erratic :)

D

snitch 08-23-2020 12:49 AM

Morning guys,

Sorry I havent posted for a while. I actually started writing a post yesterday and then got called away and never finished ahh!

It's good to "see" you all.

Erratic, Seren was prescribed omeprazole when she was a baby. It's all very hazy now but I remember her having it for a while.

All is pretty good with me. I have completed my settlement with BA and am just waiting for my leavers email and then I have to send all my stuff back, uniform, ID and work phone. Part of me is a little sad, definitely have sone feelings of nostalgia . It is the places and the people I will miss. I was watching a film last night and it was christmas in New York and I had this pang! I absolutely move New York , I was there so much and I will miss my little trips there. However I am confident in my decision and I have all those wonderful memories and lots of connections with some great people I met.

My mum had her chemo on friday and I spoke to her last night and she wasnt feeling great. It was tough to see herman her hair is really thin now and she dodnt look well, she was really tired and had been sick that day. But they told her her blood tests showed that her cancer markers had improved. So that's great news. Please keep praying for her 🙏🙏

I've been really throwing myself into meetings and step work and helping other alcoholics. I have connected with lots of new people in AA during recovery. My recovery is going really well. I feel like a completely different person to who I was over 2 years ago and guess what? I have ZERO desire for a drink. None at all. I know I am not cured of alcoholism and cannot afford to rest in my laurels which is fine because I dont want to, but the obsession to drink has been removed completely from me. What a miracle!!!

Seren is good. My relationship with her dad is good. Did I tell you he got a job and was giving me money? Well he was but he got laid off last week unfortunately. Anyway his relationship with Seren is going from strength to strength. We are avke to communicate a whole lot better now.

Today is serens serens's birthday and my bestie mates daughter. So we are going to the circus!! I am looking forward to it.

I'll check in again later

Much love to you all

Xxxx

Daisybelle 08-23-2020 01:58 AM

Good morning all and a happy Sunday to you all. Everything is fine here apart from the rain, it's miserable weather. I'm busy cleaning my kitchen cupboards and getting rid of stuff I don't use anymore.

Sorry you have to work today Erratic, one of the joys of working in retail I suppose. I hope it passes quickly for you.

Good to see you Suze, we were beginning to get worried. It's all change for you work wise, have you any idea what you will do next? I'm sorry that your mum didn't look good when you saw her, but chemo takes it's toll. It's excellent news though that her cancer markers have improved, fingers and everything crossed that they continue to improve.
You're doing so well in your recovery and it's so lovely that you are giving some of your time to help others, I'm sure you're very appreciated.
Good news that your relationship with Seren's dad is good, it's so much healthier for Seren for it to be that way, don't forget to keep those boundaries in place though, it's easy to let them drop when things are going well.

Hi Dee, hope you're well. My bestie got a mobility scooter yesterday, she sent me a photo of it last night, it's orange and she's named it Zoom, she's going out on it today to get used to it. I'm so relieved that she's got one, I think it will make a massive difference to her just being able to get out and get some independence back.

See you all later, I'm off to make myself another coffee.

Lots of love to you all. xxx