Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 15

Old 08-23-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad for your friend Daisy - it really is a boon to have such things.
Glad things are looking up for you too Suze.

D
Old 08-23-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, me too, it will make such a difference to her. xx

Goodnight all xxx
Old 08-23-2020, 09:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Early morning check in for me!

I ate pizza and cakes and sweets yesterday and paying for it now,, awake with stomach cramps ouch but it was worth it! It was a kids birthday party after all!

Daisy that's great news about your friend!! I'm pleased to hear that.

We had a fab day yesterday the circus was amazing, really good fun, Bd then we had pizza and cake in the park. It was a lovely day.

Today I am meeting up with a couple of girls I havent seen for ages and their kids. Going to the park again . It will be really nice to see them.

Oh I forgot to say I am going on holiday on friday.! Seren and I are going to Greece with my sisters. Basically they booked to go away originally in june with my mum and dad. Then covid happened and they rebooked for september minus my mum and dad after my mums diagnosis. Tjen their flights were canx in september and so they brought their holiday forward to the 28th August and because they are in an apartment that sleeps 4 they asked if we would like to go! It looks really lovely it's in skiathos. I am actually really looking forward to it especially as I will be with my sisters as I feel safe with them and they will love doing stuff with Seren too. My 2nd sober holiday woo hoo.

Seren goes back to school on the 7th or 8th , can't quite remember so we will have time to go out and get her a few new bits etc.

Everything is pretty good at the moment. Obviously I wish my mum didn't have cancer but I am there for her and she is getting her treatment but other than that life is good. Its certainly a million times better than this time 2 nd a half years ago 😊😊😊

Happy monday all
Old 08-24-2020, 04:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x good to hear from u snitch, good for u going on holiday to greece x wasnt strawberry from there? i know its big place lol, i have been to greece once on the island zyinikthos or some kind of spelling lol, loved it there, ofcause was there when was heat wave and i got sunburnt aswell as heatstroke lol wasnt good coming back from there though, my parents were going to take me to anfield as was a big liverpool fan, but the car tire burst on the m6 on the 3rd lane and rolled up a hill and car was right off, also i remeber i was sleeping and woke up just before as i had a feeling something was going to happen which was weird and then bang, i have never slept in a car since unless i was totally drunk, which never happened much really. anyway thats my little horror story which hey ho we are alive x sry to hear about ur mum not doing to well on her treatment, but wishing her that it goes into remission xx so have a good holiday snitch, hope i havent upset u in telling my story as i am sure u will have a great time xxx
so this morn i did some weeding as i think today is going to be only dry day i think on my days off at least. i also went to have a word with my boss and work mate, i have hinted that i want to go down for izzy first xmas so have asked for the sunday off and we can drive down on xmas eve afternoon, thats if hubby is off work himself x anyway just thought would post a quick one, which lol ended up longer than i expected. here thinking of you daisy, viper, dee aswell. take care xx
Old 08-25-2020, 11:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x i guess its just me myself and i lol

hope all is well with u all xx
Old 08-26-2020, 12:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too erratic - have a good day
Old 08-26-2020, 02:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning all, I hope you're all happy, well and sober. I'm currently sat in an indoor skate park watching my g.son on his scooter, up and down the ramps, my heart is in my mouth . Posting from my phone so bear 🐻 with me please, I'm not the quickest 😂. Sorry I've not been about, I've not had much sleep Sun & Mon, g.son wasuwas and down with pains in his jaw, it's maybe his adult teeth trying to break through and causing pressure. Have him pain killers and he did sleep last night, so did I. I've phoned the dentist and got given the 3rd degree about Covid and now I'm waiting for a triage dentist to phone me 🙄.

I'll be back this evening and catch up more. Wishing you all a good ' top of the hill' day. Lots of love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-26-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope he'll see the dentist soon and feel better DB

D
Old 08-26-2020, 04:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you, I missed the call from the triage dentist, she left a voicemail and I feel awful about saying this but she spoke very quickly and I couldn't understand her accent, I couldn't make out hardly anything she said so I'm going to phone again tomorrow.
G.son seems fine, he hasn't mentioned his jaw at all today, so fingers crossed for a good nights sleep. x

Good night everyone, I hope to catch up with again tomorrow.

lots of love xx
Old 08-26-2020, 04:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi guys I hope you are all well.

I have done 5 meetings today! And I also joined overeaters anonymous on facebook as well. I have recognised that I am using food, specifically sugar, in the same way I did alcohol. To get out of facing my emotions. So I have a new addiction to battle. But it's ok. God had removed my biggest problem which is alcohol , I'm sure that He can do the same with crap food. Of course I have to put in the action. So just for today I have had my juice plus shakes, healthy snacks and meal as I love juice plus it makes me feel great, and I have abstained from sugar and flour products. I am not "dieting". Even though i do want to lose a few unwanted pounds this is more to do with facing my emotions and dealing with them using my programme and not a substance be it alcohol, pills or sugar and to feel good about myself so I can be if maximum service to others.

So I will keep you informeinformed it goes. It's great to be part of the 0A group because just like here and in AA I know I am not alone.

One more say and then we are off to Greece!! Yes Erratic, Strawberry is in Greece, although I am not sure which island she is on. I'll message her. I wonder how she is? I havent seen any posts from her lately.

What else is going on in everyone's lives? I have completed and signed by BA agreement so I will be leaving the company on the 31st august. I went to the library today to print off payslips and make some online changes before our access to the system is only for basic use ie: staff travel. It was boring and I didnt want to do it but it's done now. Next box to tick is to take all my uniform, ID and work phone back to Lhr. Ik not sure whether to keep some items of uniform back as they don't check it all. Part of me wants rod of all of it nut another part thinks maybe I should keep some as a keepsake ? Any thoughts lol?

I hope Owen's teeth dont play him up too much Daisy and you get to see someone. mputh problems are painful bless him.

Seren is at her dads tonight. He had her 2 nights as obviously we are off for a week. My friend is going to come in daily to see to my piggies but I hate leaving them. They really know me now and apart from one which is especially jumpy, the other 3 are so chilled out around me. I need to let go lol. They will be fine!!!

So tomorrow i will get up, do a little workout, clean, do some last mon toiletry shopping and get lots of greens for the girls and then come home and pack! I havent been to Greece for years. In fact I was about 18/19 when i was last there. I've been to Halkidiki and Corfu. A couple of people I have spoken to have been to Skiathos and they said it was beautiful, with clear blue sea! I can't wait! Sorry to rub it in guys lol.

Late night for me!! I need to get up early too.

Sleep well xxx
Old 08-27-2020, 10:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Morning all,

My alarm has just gone off cos I am going in holiday!!!! Greece and it is 30 degrees and sunny there! Sorry to rub it in lol but I am so excited and cant wait ti get away for a week.

I'll keep in touch

Lots of love

Xx
Old 08-28-2020, 10:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yo, it’s Viper 🐍,

Just got off the motorcycle and I’m winding down for the night. I’m looking at a few things to do right now. Ive actually signed up for a big school for to be a Health and Wellness Coach, which is weird because I can’t see myself actually being a coach and don’t even think I’d like it!! 😂😂 I dunno. However, there is a one month period to try it out without losing much so, yeah dunno. I’ve become an expert in my own right. Overcome booze and health issues and learned a ton. I’m like-able. Plus you can coach online which is good because I want to work remotely. This State is not for me and...

Unfortunately my heart is heavy with the rapid decline of my country and I’m ready to leave if I can. Especially depending on the election, which I don’t see going well. I’m glad I’m the only American in this group because I can say this country has gone to S**t. Are you getting the news about what’s going on here? I’m sure you can guess which side the kindly viper is on. It ain’t the Red side.

My other possible pursuit is that I have sent out a request to the college I went to, to get permission to Audit a course. I get to take anything for life. I’m looking at Spanish 101 starting September 7. I have a base in Spanish which I’ve mostly forgotten. Directly below the US there are a couple of dozen nations that speak Spanish. Clear blue waters and brilliant sunshine. Puerto Rico is a US Territory too.

I’ve been going to the gym. I’m weak but my muscles are turning around.

so who knows what will work out. I’m still at my sister’s house 😐.

Ok thanks,

V🐍🐍🐍

Old 08-28-2020, 10:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck with the course Viper.

We actually had to make a no politics rule here.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ics-again.html (Politics...again)

It gets too divisive, so its a topic best left for PMs or other forums

D
Old 08-29-2020, 09:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ok Dee. I knew it was touchy so I deleted 90% of what I wanted to say in that post before submitting it. Thankfully!!

Spanish class got refused by Professor this morning “because of these difficult times I am not allowing auditors.” 😡

We’ll see what happens with the other thing. I’m not that hopeful about pursuing it. I overthink everything though.

AA is only zoom and I really have only one phone number around here. I have no personal space for that right now. I do know this one guy, and I made it clear I need to talk to someone. I asked him for the huge number list, at this local meeting he’s a regular at. He has a big sponsor. Etc etc.

Anyway he’s not helpful. He isn’t getting the question. He’s not to blame for my issues, but I’d expect more. So I need to find another way. I don’t want to drink it’s just I’m really alone right now.

V

Old 08-30-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm back, sorry I've missed a few days, I've just been super busy, I did try and check in here around lunch time today but I couldn't log on, I just had the circle of doom going round and round. All is good with me, I'm sober and I feel well for which I am truly grateful.

Suze, you'll be in Greece now though it will be around 1.30 a.m there so I should imagine that you are in bed now. I hope you have a lovely time, it will do you good to relax and recharge your batteries. It's really cold here tonight, it's got that Autumn feel about it, but I'm not one bit jealous of you in beautiful, sunny, Greece, not one bit, honest. Enjoy.

Lovely to see you posting Viper, we miss you when you're not here. You never know, you might just enjoy being a Health and Welfare coach if you give it a try, you might surprise yourself and goodness knows you do have the experience.

Hope you're okay Erratic.

I hope all is good with you Dee.

I'm off to peruse, it'll take me ages to catch up with everything.

Lots of love to you all xxx
Old 08-31-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Monday to you. Have the best day you can. It's bank holiday Monday here so a lot of people have got the day off work, Mr D.B included, he's still in bed at the minute having a lie in, so in g.son, so I've got a bit of peace for a short while. I've no plans for anything in particular today, I'll just go with the flow.

Happy holidays Suze.

Morning Erratic, not sure if you're in work or not, but have a good day whatever.

Hi Viper.

Hi Dee.

See you all later. Lots of love to you. xxx
Old 08-31-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x great to see u viper! thanks daisy i am ok x just got back in as went to a friends house for coffee early this morn lol

i have phone appointment with the alcohol doctor on thurs, so will know more then if and when detox will be it prob be 14th which is fine with me, gets me to get my head around things and work on some other stuff to make sure this time i can be sober for long period of time. im sure i was supposed to have my alcohol councillor phone today, but havent heard from him lol hmm anyway not sure what else im doing today.
hope ur bank holiday as it seems we have one here which, not sure why hub is not off but my boss at post office is off lol never mind hope u have a good day daisy and hope to hear from u also viper again x hope ur ok aswell dee xx
Old 08-31-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey lovelies.

So after a 24 hour flight delay urgh we got to Greece sat eve. It was a technical problem with the aircraft and it was out of my hands but it turned into a very looooong day. Anyway it is absolutely beautiful here. Our apartments are lovely, the staff are amazing and the beach! Ahhh I just love beaches and it is sandy with clear warm water. The last couple of days though my head has not been in a great place and of course when my head is like that my alcoholism can see a way to slip through the crack and with vine all around me it was hinting at what would make me feel better. NOT! Both nights I got to bed early and today I have woken and the awful feelings have passed.

its tough on holiday, well it is for me anyway as I see people all around me drinking wine and I was in a it of self pity last night because I can't do that. I also realised how I dont like just sitting with myself. It used to be a glass of wine itself would do the trick and now I cant wait for the bread basket to appear so I am doing something. Eating! They say more will be revealed. It is something I need to work on.like I am ok now sitting on the beach by myself but in social situations I feel awkward.
Anyway , I dont want to sound doomy and gloomy but I have to share what is going on in my head.
I feel very blessed to be avle to come away with my sisters and my daughter to this beautiful place. It's my last official day at BA today and so from tomorrow I am officially unemployed lol so could be doing worse haha.
Its lovely to see everyone posting.

Lots of love

Old 08-31-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi again, I'm just doing my pre bed check in, I'm really tired and it's going on for midnight, so I'll keep it short.

I hope your detox is 14th Erratic, that's not too long to wait and gives you a bit of time to prepare yourself. Do you stay in the hospital or will you be on day release? ( that sounds like prison, lol). How long do you detox for? It's worth it anyway, regardless of how long it takes etc, if it gets you on the straight and narrow. Fingers and everything crossed.

24 hours is a long delay Suze, will you be able to put a claim in for that? It sounds like a beautiful place and I wish I was there. I know exactly what you mean about how hard it is when you're on holiday and the wine is flowing all around you, you have to stay focused, you've come to far to go back to day 1. I know you're strong, I'm not worried about you.

Goodnight Aprils, xxxxxxxxxxx

Old 08-31-2020, 10:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning guys,

well it is 8.30 in tbe morning here in Greece and another beautiful sunny one. Seren is still sleeping. She absolutely loves the water and spent the whole day in the sea yesterday no wonder she is tired! Thankfully my head is in a better place now. We had a beautiful day yesterday on the beach and stayed late and so we decided to have a chilled evening and we got some food from tbe supermarkets and I made us dinner in the apartment and we ate on the balcony. We had such a laugh.

Yesterday was my last official day at British Airways. I am not really sure how I feel. It has been my life for so long so there is part if me that is sad and maybe a but fearful? But I also know that I was so unhappy in that job the last few years plus the management are bloody awful and so it's great to be free if all that. It will probably take a while to really sink in. I still have to go and return all my uniform yet. The delay we had as well made me think ugh thank God I am not the crew on that flight hahaha. Yes Daisy we will definitely get compensation, if you are delayed anything over 3 hours now so we may even get avout £400pp which would be amazing for me ad that's £800 for me and Seren that's our holiday almost paid. Every cloud and that lol.

When does Owen go back to school? Seren is on the 7th.

Erratic are you doing a home detox or outpatient? Keep us informed!

Vipe I would definitely recommend getting onto a zoom AA. There are so many.

Right , getting up now , have a lovely day everyone.