Notices

24-hour Recovery Connections Part 513

Old 01-14-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

24-hour Recovery Connections Part 513

The last part:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-512-a-25.html (24 hour recovery connections part 512)
Old 01-14-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Anna!!!

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones, especially Kris, Soberwolf and Hevyn!!!

Today, I woke up very late (for me) - 9AM and am now fumbling around trying to figure out my day. I'm still working on my kitchen and got the baking area main cupboard done. It's taller than I thought, floor to ceiling with two shelves on top and 5 drawers below. I did find a few things to donate and with today's decluttering (4 very deep,( both height and length) drawers, I'm sure to find more.

I'm feeling much better today and unfortunately forgot to take my pill yesterday. Took it this morning and then one more to go tomorrow. Phew, that was some infection.

I'm still noticing recovery improvements on a daily basis. It took me about an hour to clean that cabinet inside and out yesterday. It wasn't until after I was done, I realized I did it all with no music, YouTube, or TV! That is a huge thing for me. I never wanted to be alone with my thoughts so I always had some noise happening in the background. At least I think this is an improvement...yes?

The other improvement is my anxiety...like, were is it? I seriously feel so at peace with everything. Dwelling on the past was a huge thing for me and Cowboy's quote “The past is in your head.The future is in your hands” rang so true for me. Each new day is an opportunity for us to mold our future.

There is one thing I wish would go away...I still get very irritated by some things, not as many as before, but some. Rude people are at the top...they're everywhere! Driving is most irritating because we have the potential to hurt others. Texting while driving and talking on the phone. Even the people who use no hands are not paying attention to the road. I'm going to work on this one, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to stop worrying about careless drivers hurting others.

That's it for today. Praying for 24 hours @ 11:52 AM EST.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good afternoon dear friends and that you so much for keeping me on the list!
I just wanted to check in and wish everyone well and I hope we are all safe.
Sobriety continues to be the foundation of my life allowing me to be a better mother, daughter, sister, partner and friend. After all tis time I am still grateful to be out of the pit of active addiction and this is in no small part to you all here. Lockdown as an active drinker has haunted my mind and I am so sorry for those still struggling without the face to face support they desperately need.
Despite the obvious difficulties facing everyone, 2020 brought many moments of joy in that I got to be with my girls full time for many months, simple things got us through and continue t do so.
Myself, my sister and eldest daughter all did contract covid last year and thankfully we are all totally recovered. I feel a little bit of survivor guilt as my case was so mild but also, again that word, grateful.
Lots of love and take care, Jo xxx
Old 01-14-2021, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to see you, joandmel. Congratulations and so glad you made it through COVID well.

24, please, with love to all.

Congrats to Kris47, too.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Really glad to hear that you are feeling better dear Optimist. ❤️

And so awesome to see you Jojo!!! s ❤️
(And super glad you and your family got over covid xxxx).
Old 01-14-2021, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24. Hopefully a better day today. Still around
Old 01-14-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am definitely going to do another 24 hours.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am here for 24 hours please.
I got lost in the woods there for a while but I’m back, and I’m on day 7 sober today.
I’m grateful for you all here.
Suze, thank you for keeping me on the list ❤️ Day 1 was last Saturday 9th January.

I’m grateful to have found my way back here to you all ❤️ xxx
Old 01-14-2021, 01:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So so glad you found your way home darling Willow ~ you were deeply missed!!
We adore you. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 01-14-2021, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Willow
Old 01-14-2021, 02:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Abc & kev - thanks for the cakes - they are beautiful. I'll start my diet tomorrow.

I'd love another 24 hrs. sober please - why stop now?
:
Old 01-14-2021, 02:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Friday Jan 15th 2021 and its another day of total abstinence for me~~~~~~~~~~~~and repeat tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So so glad you found your way home darling Willow ~ you were deeply missed!!
We adore you. s xx ❤️❤️
Thank you Suze ❤️❤️❤️
Old 01-14-2021, 02:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Welcome back Willow
thanks Kevlar lovely to see you here xx
Old 01-14-2021, 03:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Old 01-14-2021, 04:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Thanks Anna!
Old 01-14-2021, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thanks Anna!!
Welcome back Willow & so wonderful to see you Jo-Jo!!

24 more for me please & a huge congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone today!! Over 20 years of sobriety--what an inspiration!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful & sober day or night with love.....xxxx
Old 01-14-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Bruce- You celebrate your belly button & your sober birthday on the same day!! How fabulous!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Thanks Purps for posting the Cake!!

Old 01-14-2021, 05:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
Thank you, Anna!!!

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones, especially Kris, Soberwolf and Hevyn!!!

Today, I woke up very late (for me) - 9AM and am now fumbling around trying to figure out my day. I'm still working on my kitchen and got the baking area main cupboard done. It's taller than I thought, floor to ceiling with two shelves on top and 5 drawers below. I did find a few things to donate and with today's decluttering (4 very deep,( both height and length) drawers, I'm sure to find more.

I'm feeling much better today and unfortunately forgot to take my pill yesterday. Took it this morning and then one more to go tomorrow. Phew, that was some infection.

I'm still noticing recovery improvements on a daily basis. It took me about an hour to clean that cabinet inside and out yesterday. It wasn't until after I was done, I realized I did it all with no music, YouTube, or TV! That is a huge thing for me. I never wanted to be alone with my thoughts so I always had some noise happening in the background. At least I think this is an improvement...yes?

The other improvement is my anxiety...like, were is it? I seriously feel so at peace with everything. Dwelling on the past was a huge thing for me and Cowboy's quote “The past is in your head.The future is in your hands” rang so true for me. Each new day is an opportunity for us to mold our future.

There is one thing I wish would go away...I still get very irritated by some things, not as many as before, but some. Rude people are at the top...they're everywhere! Driving is most irritating because we have the potential to hurt others. Texting while driving and talking on the phone. Even the people who use no hands are not paying attention to the road. I'm going to work on this one, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to stop worrying about careless drivers hurting others.

That's it for today. Praying for 24 hours @ 11:52 AM EST.
(((Optimist))). You got this!! Thanks for sharing, I love hearing about your accomplishments in sobriety.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ugh. I’m checking in for my apparently once a week or so check in. All is well, I’m just terrible about checking in!