Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 5

Old 06-22-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Bacon is great for flavour. I've slowly stopped eating it bc it seems like empty calories but once in a while it's a nice treat.

Karen- veggie reuben sounds equally good.

Zombie- good luck with the decluttering. When I start stuff like that I get a little overzealous and lean towards getting rid of too much stuff lol. I have to be careful.

LilyLady1 I hope you enjoy your visit. I have a close family friend in a long term care home and I'm looking forward to seeing him again, not sure when.

I'm ok all. Weekend was fine. Monday am and I wake up and think I want a drink. I think work anxiety. And then I get the work done and think- I want a drink. So it doesn't really matter lol. Hanging in. Trying to stay busy. I got excited about sports coming back but now maybe it doesn't look so good. But shops and restaurants are slowly opening up here.

I get tired of being inside all the time, and I have to think of reasons to go out/places to go to just get out. Although right now it is terribly muggy and gross out.

Take care all.

Let's see- best part of not drinking- sleep better at night! For me anyway right now
Old 06-22-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Muggy here too, hard to deal with the heat today.
Sounds like you are doing really well love.....the thoughts will come but there is no reason we have to listen to them.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I can't remember what my day count is, but I will need to search all my older posts to figure it out. Too lazy and watching Netflix.

30 degrees Celsius out. Sun is shining. I can't really breath well when I wear a face mask. Im just gonna stay inside then. Air-conditioniing is great

Hope you are all well!
Old 06-22-2020, 02:40 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

good to see you WL

Good night all
Old 06-22-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
OK.....just tuned in.....bacon sandwich you say? What on earth is it.....off to read. Not to eat it though.

......still no clue.....let me understand.....you put fried bacon on bread? Is that the gist....?
It's not as unhealthy as you think, it's just toast, buttered and I personally use smoked back bacon grilled or baked inside. Some people add red sauce or brown sauce but I just have it plain.
Really tasty though:-)

Now, a bacon soda, that's a heart attack on a plate but possibly only my Scottish friends will appreciate that one lol
Old 06-22-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I hear you Zombie love....it's tasty.
Huge smile on my face.

....the bacon wars of 2020....
Old 06-22-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Coz

Hello and hugs to all!

Lovely to read great posts again - full of inspiration.

WL - great to see your post. I think your first sober day was 25 May, which means that you've made the four week milestone and tomorrow you will have reached your first target of 30 days - many congratulations to you.

Fallow - great that you had a nice weekend, and even better that you had no drinking thoughts. I'm a ways off that yet - but happy that I do get good breaks from thoughts of drinking.

Maria - great that you avoided the 'going to work' and 'finishing work triggers'. Hopefully when you beat them enough times they will admit defeat and go away. I did giggle at your words saying your 'weekend was fine'. This might be completely inappropriate, but I was told early on that when a woman says shes fine, it is an acronym for
F**ng Insecure,Neurotic and Emotional.

Lily - wow, it will be so great to see your parents after such a long time, and then your brother and SIL too. That is really lovely - hope it goes fantastically.
And huge congratulations on 2 months sober.

Karen, TC and Zombie - thanks for your regular posts and updates.

Dig, Hope, Kitten, Travelbug - please check in soon. I'm missing your posts and sharing your journey.

Hugs and many thank yous Dee and Suze - it is so wonderful that you follow and contribute to our monthly classes. It is just amazing how much help you provide to everyone on SR.

I'm off to have a coffee and breakfast. I believe it will be a bacon sandwich this morning!
​​​​​​​
Old 06-22-2020, 04:15 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Oh no......nonononono......

Old 06-22-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Day 27 - quick check in as I have to do some reading to catch up with you all! 😊😊😊

Old 06-22-2020, 05:50 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it a non Kosher thing for you Suze?

D
Old 06-22-2020, 07:13 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hello sweet friends! Coz- Congrats on six weeks! So incredible. Your place sounds like a paradise.

TC- thank you for remembering my 30 days before it was even here. And now it finally is!

Og- Congratulations. I am enjoying reading your posts. Hope you buy yourself something nice. Day 38. Congrats.

RAL- The big 40 (actually more by today)! Awesome. I feel for you and your situation and hope you can make the right decision for your and Mr. Ral. I am sure things will become more clear as time goes on and you can access the situation at that time.

Zombie- You too! 36 I think. Yay!

Lily- 2 months. Great going!

Maria- You sound like you did a great job not taking a drink today.

Mystified- 3 weeks. Lucky 21

Karen- I agree with you. Sometimes being at home is really nice. I think you mentioned having a homegrown tomato recently. I have my first that will be ripe tomorrow or the next day. So excited.

Dee- It’s always a pleasure to read your posts.

WL- I feel like I can’t breathe well either with a mask. So I grocery shop as fast as possible.

Hi Fallow- Always lovely to have no thoughts of the evil drink.

Venuscat- I adore a BLT!

Kitten- Congratulations to you on day 27! Applause.

I had a few days to catch up so if I missed anyone- Hello!So happy to say it's day 30 for me.
Ever get in that mood when you just don't feel like you have anything interesting to say? That was me the past few days. But it's good to be back and catch up. I've missed everyone. I have to say that I've had "thoughts" of different crazy things or situations that may or may not happen in the future. I have friends at the beach and they have sent pictures. I remember drinking on the beach. Those "thoughts" were in my head and I really want to go to the beach again and not drink. I am not craving drinking at all. Just those "thoughts" that I have to work through and see myself in certain situations and know how I will handle them. I have a friend having a birthday tomorrow. We don't have plans but I do have to take her a gift and I'm scared she will ask me to come have a drink with her later in the day. I will say no. I have no fear of that. But it's a crazy situation because she was my drinking friend. We would get together for wine. When I stopped drinking, it took me forever to get it through her head that I didn't want to drink. And I didn't drink with her for over a year. Then we went out for dinner and I had wine once earlier this year. So I will have to tell her again that I'm not drinking. And she is the type that really wants others drinking when she is. Anyway- I'm writing out this stupid situation I'm feeling that hasn't even happened. I've even thought of having my husband drop off her gift early in the morning and say I'm not feeling so good.
So, other than that I am doing good. A little gardening and planning on my next painting project. Take care all and know that I really appreciate your support and enjoy reading all your posts.
Hope
Old 06-22-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Thanks for kudos on 2 months and good wishes about being able to see family.

Congratulations to you, Hopeful, on 30 days, and WL on 4 weeks.

What an inspirational class.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:41 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hello team mates,

I haven't logged in for a few days, so I haven't caught up with reading yet. I wanted to splurge on myself so I bought a smart tv online and spent all day Saturday playing with it and watching a lot of television. Then, Sunday the power went off for most of the day, and my mobile service went spotty. Read later it was a pretty wide spread problem in my area. I felt bad for the Fathers Day's celebrations with no power, I hope they were BBQ'ing.

Congrats to everyone on your days adding up, turning in to months now for quite a few. I hit a month myself today.

I went to the store earlier and started to cry, just wearing a mask constantly when I go out and all the other stuff with the world issues, is wearing on me, so my emotions are still a little off. Even the lady I spoke with at the store agreed as she spoke behind the plastic partition with gloves and mask and we could hardly hear each other, that we are all just wearing thin with all of this.

I am happy I am sober, best thing I could do for myself, but I do feel a little bit of my freedom and growth from quitting is being censored, locked down, free will taken away? Guess I am a little cranky, I just wanted to make a post.

So glad I am a part of this thread with you all.

I did see bacon posted. I love crispy bacon

Old 06-22-2020, 08:57 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is tough, but I really believe that the whole COVID thing will end in time. Til then whatever we can do to stay healthy ourselves and keep others healthy is a good thing to do, I think.

D
Old 06-22-2020, 09:12 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Dig's here. Checking in. I have to admit that I lost track of time over the weekend and then had a busy Monday at work. Time flies when you're having fun, being productive and remaining committed to being sober?!? I should've checked in sooner though. I just caught up on all the posts. I love how active this group remains and that we can share everything whether it's related to sobriety or the things we like to eat and to do in each of our little corners of the globe.

Not much going on with me I have to admit -- I am excitedly watching my "counter" creep toward 100 days! Day #87 begins now as it just passed midnight here in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.

I went to a friends birthday fire on Saturday night. He knows I don't drink anymore, but I was a bit nervous about being around a Covid-numbers safe group of people where I knew there would be alcohol. I did fine. I got offered twice by two different people a beer. I declined politely and didn't have to say anything beyond, "Oh, no no, no thank you." It may not have been the smartest thing to do, but I wanted to see my friend, say happy birthday, catch up with him and his brother and then hit the road back home. And I did just that

Now I'm pooched. Time to get some zzzzz, eh!!!

Hope everyone is well.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Stop all the bacon talk because I'm starving now haha. No bacon in my fridge.....
Old 06-22-2020, 09:39 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post

Now, a bacon soda...
Bacon soda? Is this real? Gotta say it sounds horrible. And I do like bacon. I smoked a couple racks of ribs over the weekend that turned out pretty good. Maybe I will check amazon for bacon soda lol. Ewww.

Not sure what happened to me emotionally today. I had some sort of internal meltdown. It lasted a long time. Everything seems to be breaking, everyone is complaining, money is flying out the window. Not sure how to handle anything really. Stressful times. Sad part is I figure it's only getting worse from here. Wish I could numb it out honestly.

But I didn't drink! Didn't really think about drinking so much as the thought I really have nothing to look forward to. Nothing in my life really excites me for the future. I am on a merry go round of responsibilities. There are no real calming elements either. Seems like a guy just fighting battle after battle, always anticipating the bitter end.

Welp, that's my depressing anecdote for the evening. Hopefully tomorrow will be better but it doesn't look like it from here.

Good night all!
Old 06-22-2020, 09:41 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

I finished all 3 seasons of Ozark. Wow, the show is insane. I thought I had problems. Nothing compared to those characters! Now watching Narcos. Even Worse! Pablo Escobar it's about.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:42 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Coz

Hope, Didit and Dig - I'm super excited to see your posts and know that you are still conquering the evil AV . Really great news.

Hope - as much as it is hard to push friends aside, it does sound like your ex-drinking buddy is a good one to avoid until you are really secure in your new sober life. I'm sure she will appreciate the gift and maybe you could just have a chat on the phone on the birthday and maybe catch up for a coffee at a later date.

Didit - congrats on your month milestone.

You are not alone in your 'over-it' attitude to the world at the moment. My line to my sons is to know that it is a pain in the ass at the moment, butt these will be times that we will remember and which will go down in history, so smile, find some safe things to do, and know that our generation will be forever remembered for the 2020 pandemic.

Dig - you are so amazing. To go out and enjoy a birthday fire without drinking is fantastic. My last fire evening was miserable, but was probably far too early in sobriety to try. And yes, not far off the 10 days fr you.

for now....
Old 06-22-2020, 09:46 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Free.

Wow! Just terrific posts.
What a great group.

Hope you all have a safe, decent, warm, happy day!