Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 5

Old 06-23-2020, 08:13 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Today went much better. Thank you all for the encouraging words. I appreciate all of you in this class! It's tough for me to say all I want in response but I have been following along.

Glad to be in bed sober tonight. I totally agree that the 'is this all there is' thoughts are AV in my case. Through this period of sobriety one thing keeps coming back to me and that is that I am trying to learn how to stay sober. I obviously don't know how to do this though I convince myself that I do. As soon as I think I got this handled, I pick up a drink.

Hope you all have a great morning, afternoon, or night 🙂
Old 06-23-2020, 09:02 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Coz

News flash

I found my wedding ring! I am so excited and very relieved.

For those that were around when I had my disaster day on 1 June - which included losing my wedding ring - you may recall that TC had a random feeling on where I might find it (copied here):

Coz: on rare occasion I get a definite feel about something.
Does your deck wrap the corner of your home? If so, your ring is in the soil (fill) about 20-38” (500 to 850mm) off the corner of your building. Butt your tape to corner. Swing about an 110 degree arc extending maybe 9” (220mm) beyond in-line with wall on each side. Ring is on or in the soil. No deeper than about 45mm (1 3/4”)
Just a feeling. Might be complete BS.

Where I just found the ring:
About 1 metre from the corner of my shed (no deck there, but it is where I was stacking the old decking) in the top 10mm of soil where I am planting another lily garden. I have no idea how it got there at all. But TC - thank you so much! I like your feelings!

Old 06-23-2020, 09:08 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 06-23-2020, 09:09 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Fallow View Post
As soon as I think I got this handled, I pick up a drink.
OK Fallow - a recommended addition to your recovery plan:

* Post in the Class of May 2020 when I think I have my drinking handled and before I have a drink.

I'm sure we can convince you that if you really had a handle on drinking, you wouldn't have a drink!

Great to hear that you had a better day than yesterday - let's hope that the number of good days outnumbers the bad.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:50 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Congrats Coz on finding your wedding ring! :-)

Morning everyone, it's the start of Day 38 for me. Got up even earlier than normal as I wanted a nice cooked breakfast before heading into work.
Now, just relaxing with a coffee before getting ready. I never thought I'd appreciate mornings so much but sobriety has shown it's really one of the best times of the day.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Free.

WL: I think you’re right, this virus is (can be) much less serious for someone decently fit and healthy. I hope you have a ‘regular’ virus instead though. Less problematic.
Dig,
Hope: I always like your posts. I like the voice of your posts Dig. And Hopeful777, I like your caring and consideration.
Venus, I think we all like your presence and your caring. We (I) miss you when you don’t post.

Coz! So happy that you found your ring! What a relief for you. No longer in the soil. (maybe the image of a ring in the soil will leave my head now)

Fallow, you’re doing the right stuff. Keep posting. We’re a gang of kindred sufferers.

Congrats on one more day everyone.
Me? Oh....day went by fast. Ran out (drove) to a small town to look at a small camper (caravan). The drive was bit more than 2 1/2 hours each way. I love driving. Put my big Erik Estrada shades on. Turned the music up (moderately). Bright sun, music, AC, chevy. GREAT.
In the prairies you can see for about six miles ahead and to the sides.

Sleepy.

I hope everyone here had a decent day.

Goodnight all.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:56 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Coz, very impressed with your attention to detail when describing the garden. Right down to millimetres! I would have said the ring is just somewhere in the dirt haha.

I think that was was your quote. If it was another member forgive me. Lots of posts I was reading.

Just taking cold medicine and staying home currently. Consulted with my doctor by phone about a Coronavirus test but we agreed it's best to just stay home unless I get more severe symptoms that need medical attention. Don't want to add to an overworked hospital staff. My symptoms are indicative of Coronavirus but mild. I am in my early 40's, not a priority. My father is 75 with a bad heart. Patients like him are a risk. No point in going in to get a test because much more needful people out there. Strange headache is all I have that concerns me. The cold symptoms are easy to handle with over the counter medicines.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:03 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Free.

Karen: As a kid I never, not once, heard my parents discuss finances. They did that privately.
It was really good for us kids. If times were tight, we didn’t know. If times were flush we also didn’t know.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Coz, very impressed with your attention to detail when describing the garden. Right down to millimetres! I would have said the ring is just somewhere in the dirt haha.

I think that was was your quote. If it was another member forgive me. Lots of posts I was reading.
WL- all credit goes to our Tired Carpenter for the detailed measurements of his feelings!

Really hope that you don't have COVID. A bit of a shame that you can't be tested to find out for sure, cause I guess you now have to self-isolate 'just in case'. Here in my State in Aussie, anyone that has any symptoms can get tested, and you can get tested if you have any possibility of being in contact with a COVID positive person. Do you have a way to get food drops to your apartment?
Old 06-24-2020, 12:59 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Of course, what was I thinking! A Carpenter, tired one too at that! Sorry TC, mixed it up. When you read all the posts, you mix up the usernames. Then there is a small chance to go back and read them again!

Couldn't remember exactly who had the deck. I missed TC'S original post with details. Don't know how you get so exact! I had trouble changing a lightbulb.....
Old 06-24-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I am not much of a sleeper. I actually rarely sleep well. No matter how tired. I was watching music concerts. Woodstock 1999. I was there and that was not a good festival. Just all over destruction. My friends and I had 3 cars. Took us 2 days to find them. Overall, a great experience haha
Old 06-24-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope its just a cold WL.

D
Old 06-24-2020, 02:13 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-6-a.html (Class of May 2020 part 6)

D