Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 5

Old 06-20-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand not wanting to be cooped up anymore, but assuming it's even going to be possible by August, I wouldn't be going this year RAL.
Just my 02 cents.

D
Old 06-20-2020, 11:01 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Gosh I haven't posted in a while. I've been eyes down on my project and only checking in on the 24. Im sorry you guys, I should check in with my classmates too
I'm proud of all of you and honoured to be walking beside you on this journey.

We've had some pretty awful weather here the last week or so. It's forecast to improve over the next few days though so with all the water the gardens have had to drink and the sun due to come out, no doubt th grass will be a foot tall in a week or so. Getting the lawnmower out is such a mission as it's right at the back of a very full shed but I do enjoy the actual lawn mowing part. It's very satisfying and I adore the smell of fresh cut grass.

I totally missed my 3 week celebration I'm taking that as a win though

Hugs and love to all.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Morning all

Congrats on 3 weeks Myst-great to see you checking in

Hope you go through your first week back at work Maria and enjoy your weekend

Thanks Dee & Maria. At the moment there is 2 week quarantine and only essential travel so both of those would have to be removed before any travel. I only booked it because if was so cheap on the off chance they would be lifted before date of travel. I would never travel if there were warnings in place. If they are still in place it will stop me having to make a decision but looks like they will be lifted for travel to certain other European countries on 4 July I will speak with him today when he is sober, thank you

Old 06-21-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Day 35! 5 weeks sober!
feeling really good as this is for sure the longest I've been sober for a very long time.
Decluttered a bit yesterday, got the washing on at present, chilling with the dog. I've been taking a head shot every week and I think my face looks a little less bloated, skin feels better for sure and my mood has improved. This week feels like it's gone so quickly, the plan for the rest of the day is some cooking, some more tidying and just relaxing. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-21-2020, 03:44 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Many congrats on 5 weeks sober Zombie
Old 06-21-2020, 04:05 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats Zombie - five weeks is great! This sober life must be suiting you - looking good, feeling good and getting so much done.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Coz

RAL - your question, "Do I go on holiday or do I not?"

It's a tough one with this pandemic and Mr RAL's tipsy comments. Definitely up to you to decide.
If it was me, I'd probably go on the holiday if travel restrictions allow and if Mr RAL comes around to be supportive or at least is not seriously grumpy about you taking the holiday. I guess my thinking is that COVID-19 is going to be floating around for a long time yet - at least until there is a vaccination and a good percentage of the population gets vaccinated. Jr RAL is only going to be junior for a few years and it sounds like it is a bit of a summer tradition for you to get away together. And given you've booked it, you had already decided to go as long as travel is permitted, it will be disappointing for you and Jr if it is Mr RAL that stops the trip.

???? - again a tricky one with lots of pros and cons.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:20 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Coz

Great to hear from you Mysti. Congrats on three and a half weeks sober.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Sunday morning. It feels good to make it through a weekend without drinking. 6 weeks ago I didn't think it was possible. I still have the pull to drink but I can see that it is possible not to. And it is nice to wake up and have energy.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:11 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Coz, I loved your post, thanks so much. All those things are the reasons I love SR and our May class, too.
Congrats on three weeks, Mysti! I'm so glad you posted, we've missed you.
RAL, I can't really weigh in much on your decision. I am at high risk of being seriously sick if I get Covid-19. I know a lot of people don't feel such risk. I will be sheltering in place until there is a vaccine or at least a very good treatment found. But, if I weren't at high risk, I may feel different.
Zombie, congrats on five weeks! So awesome!
Old 06-21-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Love and good morning from me too.....reading and catching up with this awesome group s ❤️❤️
Old 06-21-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
RAL - your question, "Do I go on holiday or do I not?"

It's a tough one with this pandemic and Mr RAL's tipsy comments. Definitely up to you to decide.
If it was me, I'd probably go on the holiday if travel restrictions allow and if Mr RAL comes around to be supportive or at least is not seriously grumpy about you taking the holiday. I guess my thinking is that COVID-19 is going to be floating around for a long time yet - at least until there is a vaccination and a good percentage of the population gets vaccinated. Jr RAL is only going to be junior for a few years and it sounds like it is a bit of a summer tradition for you to get away together. And given you've booked it, you had already decided to go as long as travel is permitted, it will be disappointing for you and Jr if it is Mr RAL that stops the trip.

???? - again a tricky one with lots of pros and cons.
Part of me is here with Coz, but then the part that wins out is with Dee...I would skip it this year. s ❤️
Old 06-21-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Day 37 for me and doing very well. Covid-wise, things are not doing very well in my area, so I am self-quarantining. I work from home so it is not that hard of a stretch. I bought groceries yesterday for entire week. Good to see everyone. Zombie: Congrats on 5 weeks!!
Old 06-21-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

With you all the way dear Oglsby.
Let's keep staying safe. s ❤️
Old 06-21-2020, 08:53 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Free.

I’m not in the travel discussion. Due to DWI’s and other I won’t be crossing any borders anytime soon.
Difficult, because I am adventurous in spirit. Another thing that remaining active in my disease has stripped away.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:23 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hopefully only temporarily, TC. I know when all this is over I"m going to get away from home for a while. I may even make it a practice to be at home as little as possible for a while.
There's also a part of me that is loving being at home, though. I haven't gotten to do that on a regular basis in a long, long time. I can remember lots of Sunday mornings looking around my living room and thinking how different it looks in the daytime, when I hardly ever saw it in the daylight.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Coz -that you so much for your comments. They echo mine tbh. I have spoken with Mr RAL today about it. I have explained my reasoning-We are going to go somewhere and could go to England to see family but tbh going to a large city and visiting loads of people and going out to busy places doesn't fill me with confidence. As you say, it is going to be around for a long time.

I agree if we had health issues or anything I wouldn't even consider it so totally understand you wouldn't go Karen. Flying from a very small airport and there will be social distancing.Just bought some masks with filters for the journey. Now it is just a waiting game

Thanks Venus. Very difficult to decide. Still time to decide so I will see what happens in the next few weeks.

Thanks TC - at least you won't be getting a DWI again now you are a non drinker I often worried driving to work, even though i knew I was under the limit I was probably tired and not on top form for driving.

Og-I hope your area's covid rate improves soon. Just seen on the news that Germany has had a huge spike this weekend which is very concerning considering their rates have been pretty low throughout all this.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday

Old 06-21-2020, 04:33 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I just watched the funniest movie, called "Yes Man" on Netflix. It's old, so maybe you've all seen it.
I had a really quiet day today. It was kind of nice. I'm looking forward to being busy tomorrow, though.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

RAL I would be too scared to go. But my wife has asthma so I worry about her catching covid.
Plus I am a scaredy cat.

Had a decent weekend. Spent a lot of it working on my home computer network. Not much fun for me. Didn't think about drinking much. Found a new AA speaker tape that I really enjoyed.

Happy fathers day to any dads here. I am about to go have dinner then get ready 4 bed.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

A quick check in on this Monday morning - day 45 for me.

I spent a lot of time in the garden and yard on the weekend - still lots to do, but it is getting there. I planted a lemon tree, avocado tree and another lily garden (spider lilies this time), and also did some paving and mulching.

Today is another go at deck building - again the scary stuff a long way from the ground. Not looking forward to it, but if all goes to plan, I should get it finished with two more days of work on it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and all set for another sober week.