Class of March 2020 Part 5

Old 06-11-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

Being sober is a pretty massive achievement Tink - don't sell yourself short

D
Old 06-11-2020, 10:07 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Second this, it's a huge thing to have embraced sobriety like you have. I hope you feel a bit better today
Love Billy x
Old 06-11-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Morning all/evening Willow, hope you are well

How you feeling this morning Tink?

I have already mastered an astoundingly slow but satisfying one mile run without pulling my calf so the rehab is going great!
Old 06-12-2020, 12:36 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I would like to add that I just weighed and tipped the scales at 12 stone 13 and 3/4 pounds. That is super significant to me as it's the first time I've been under 13 stone in about 15 years.

Im not doing this to lose weight, in doing it to protect my sanity and learn to live my life, but energy and exercise are vital to me. I was 14'8 stone on 1st January...all this waking in lockdown agrees with me <thumbs up!!>
Old 06-12-2020, 01:06 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hi everyone hope your all well. Im feeling better this morning thanks, sorry for my meltdown yesterday.
Well done on weight loss Be, just another great benefit of being sober.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:07 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

You don’t have to be sorry Tink, we all have ups and downs, and this is somewhere supportive for us all.
Well done Be!
It’s Friday night and I’m already tucked up in bed with a book. I had a busy day so it’s nice to get an early night and relax.
They’re talking about opening our state borders soon, so I may be able to go and visit my extended family soon, I really miss being able to visit them. I had a trip booked at Easter to visit but had to cancel due to the travel restrictions, but I guess most people are in the same situation. I really feel for people who live alone and have been very isolated lately. My stepmother is one of those. She has some chronic health issues and lives alone and has had to remain almost completely isolated for months. I feel especially sad for the elderly. I miss my Mum so much, but in a way I’m relieved she hasn’t had to go through this pandemic. I’m hopeful that I’ll get to see the rest of my family soon.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I hear you Willow, I haven’t seen my kids in almost 5-6 months now. Hopefully we all get together this summer!

Good on your weight BE. I think I am down about 10-12 pounds now but love to eat. Some people eat to live, while others live to eat.

Tink, no need to be sorry, this is our special place.

Billy, how are you enjoying your time off?
Old 06-12-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hey Bilr,
Really enjoying my time off thanks not really doing an awful lot but that's fine with me. Weirdly keep having drinking thoughts in last couple of days but when I address them my heart knows its simply not an option, so that's positive. I know Be has been here too recently and I'm just going to embrace the advice given then. Thoughts are just thoughts, it's when you act on them that makes the difference.
Hope you are okay too
Love Billy x
Old 06-12-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Yes I did have a spell of about a week when I thought about drinking a fair bit. It's gone now, don't know why it started at all

My heart goes out to willow and Bilr missing people

I'm tired and ready for bed - night all/morning willow
Old 06-12-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Drinking thoughts are definitely best not acted on. Drinking is so not worth going there. I had lots of thoughts of drinking yesterday and it was difficult to resist again. The early days are hard, but I know the road that drinking leads me down, and it’s nowhere good Much better plan and easier overall to keep going along the sober road.
I ‘m back to day 3, and believe me, it’s not worth going back to the start, it’s so much better to keep travelling the sober road. It’s a real struggle to drag yourself back when you stray off onto the dark side roads.

I don’t intend being lured by the AV again, it’s harder each time to get back. But now that I have a couple of days to get it out of my system, I’m feeling more optimistic again. I just have to hang in there for another day (today) and I think the worst of it will be out of my system (physically). Then I have to stay close to SR and work on getting regular daily exercise.

I’m doing a yoga class this morning which is a good start to the morning
Old 06-13-2020, 12:01 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder willow and I hope you are feeling more human again. Drinking made me feel absolute awful all the time

Another Saturday, going to chill out this morning and try a bit of a longer run this afternoon (2 miles if my calf feels ok)...Apart from that nothing to see here
Old 06-13-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Thanks Be, drinking made me feel awful too, sick and tired. I’m definitely feeling more human now as day 3 draws to a close. I did the yoga class this morning which was hard after a few weeks of not exercising! But I’m signed up (and prepaid) for regular classes now, so there’s no excuses

Enjoy the weekend everyone
Old 06-13-2020, 04:31 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hi everyone hope your all well. Day 90 today and a year older. Av is being sneaky though telling me i deserve a drink, birthday etc. But not going to give in. Going to enjoy some nice food and treats and movie night with my little one.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Tink and congratulations on 90 days! I would settle for a nice big slice of cake with some ice cream on the side.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:32 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Hi everyone hope your all well. Day 90 today and a year older. Av is being sneaky though telling me i deserve a drink, birthday etc. But not going to give in. Going to enjoy some nice food and treats and movie night with my little one.
Dearest Tink,

And a

Old 06-13-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Was having trouble editing that post

And a HUGE congrats on 90 days love!!!
Hope you have a great day. ❤️
Old 06-13-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Tink! You've snook ahead but I'll catch you up in October...

And congrats on 90 days, that is SO much more than three weeks. You deserve every happiness and success, this year is going to be your year.

(And be careful of that sneaky AV, don't let it get a look in today.)
Old 06-13-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

What date in October dear Be? ❤️
Old 06-13-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Tink, and congratulations on 90 days!

And hello to all my other classmates. It's day 52 at Chez Lily. It's a sunny day and my garden needs lots of weeding--our recent rains have really promoted the growth of the dreaded creeping Charlie. It's noon-ish here and you know what they say: only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon-day sun. I'm Irish-American and fair, so it's indoor household decluttering chores for a while and then out to the garden around 4 this afternoon.

Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:17 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Happy happy birthday and 90 days dear Tink! Hope you are having a lovely day!
Love Billy x