Notices

Class of April 2020 Part Two

Old 04-18-2020, 11:32 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Great post TC.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:37 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Red did a roll call yesterday, which I am going to copy and paste below. Red herself seems to be missing today.... If anyone else should be added to the list please feel free to add them or please add yourself?

Red78
Sober
Dig
Ee1979
FF
b0glerd69
Someday
Shenzy
Lunablue
Patterson
Itsmaria
Wasting life
Reid82
Chopstickchrese
Bwca
Erratic
Strawberry
Lulu45
Venus
TiredCarpenter

I've only seen Strawberry, Erratic and TiredCarpenter so far today.

JT
Old 04-19-2020, 03:20 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Thanks JT.. I'm here, been reading posts but haven't replied. I've had a chilled out day. Made homemade museli and fig yoghurt for breakfast, drank lots of coffee and have been knitting a hat for my sister and also watching some alternative interviews on what's happening in the world right now.

This time last week I was drunk and not having a good time. Tonight I'm sitting in bed knitting a hat and watching a doco series, I'm so so grateful to be sober. I have wrestled with my AV on several occasions but not had cravings that have made my time hell.

Tomorrow we find out about whether we stay in level 4 lockdown or move to level 3, not much difference really but some of the economy can reopen if we go down a level, nothing entertaining though which is good for me as this means bars and restaurants.

Time to pass the torch on this late Sunday night, maybe to any aussies in the class, I don't think there is though?
Goodnight from NZ
Kia kaha
Nic
Old 04-19-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

You guys (JT & TC) have me in tears. I don't think I have ever read more powerful or beautiful posts before. I am keeping both of them.

And Tony love: "cunning, baffling and powerful". Is my answer to why.
Why we would ever flirt with the idea of drinking again when we have made a choice for this to be our WOL. s

And my heart goes out to you....you mentioned losing your son. I did not know that.... s My brother died when he was 9. I know what that pain feels like....just so much love.

Also, whether or not AA stuff appeals to you, have you read any of the stories in the Big Book? I remember when I did that, years ago, I had a lot of questions answered. Things I had been wondering and agonising over for so very long.

And that dude in the Big Book.....the jaywalker, the one who is addicted and won't stop no matter how many limbs he breaks....that has always resonated with me. That is the way I drank and that is exactly what would happen to me if I picked up. It would not be one day or one week. It would be an ongoing nightmare.

Old 04-19-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hey Red honey Well, Dee is here
And I am an Aussie who got up early.
Desperate for some time to myself.
And you sound wonderful dear Red!!!
I am picturing you sitting up in bed with loads of pillows behind you and I can almost see the hat. And there is a cup of herbal tea next to you I think... s xx ❤️
Old 04-19-2020, 04:27 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm an invisible yet tangible presence
on my way to bed tho

D
Old 04-19-2020, 04:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Goodnight dearest Dee. s ❤️
Old 04-19-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

It's 3pm .... So far I'm safe ....
Old 04-19-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi all, update form me. Spent yesterday playing computer games mainly, with an afternoon nap thrown in. I've just been to the supermarket for the weekly shop and now off to read a book. The weather here is nice so may sit outside for a while later. I have a wood burner in the garden so will get that going.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Goodnight Dee!
Hang in there Strawberry! You are half way through. Sounds like your plan is working great.
Such great reading here this morning, thanks. It's good to start the day thinking deeply about sobriety and how to keep it.
I've thought a lot about how one drink turns the whole thing back on, too. How many times have I fallen for the "Just this once then right back on the wagon" lie? Hundreds, I think! But I know now that it's not true. If I drink, I am right back into the hell of not being able to stop.
My grandson and dogs are needing attention. It's nice to be needed, though it can be frustrating to not have even a few minutes in the morning. I'm trying to remember how lucky I am to have them. Arrggghhh! Maybe I need to get up earlier.
See you all later.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:30 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I'm here. Lazy morning in Canada. The weather just swung from what appeared to be a warming up for Spring has now reverted back to snow and a cozy high forecast today of -2 C (28 F). Looks like an inside and warm, cozy Sunday for dig and the rest of the dig Clan.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:31 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

BTW / great post TiredCarpenter... very moving... I wish you the very best and I can say that from reading that post you do seem to have a very good head on your shoulder and you are reasoning your way through this very very tough assignment you've taken on. Keep in mind always, we are here at SR to help and be an ear...
Old 04-19-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Interesting development. Mrs. Dig forwarded me her online receipt this morning for a wine pickup on Wednesday. I thought this was going to be the moment. So I asked and she just responded that since I pay the bills she was sending it to me as she always does... no mention of picking it up for her on Wednesday?!? I don't know why I'm waiting to say anything about my sober experience and journey over the last now 22 days... maybe because I'm not ready? Maybe I want to see my early success continue before telling her? That would surely mean I'm doubting myself... ugh...
Old 04-19-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I wonder if it could be that you are giving yourself an out if you want it? xx
Old 04-19-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

7- 45 everyone sat outside drinking . I'm sat in my bedroom eating all the kids Easter chocolate . 2 hours left
Old 04-19-2020, 10:00 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

So proud of you darling Strawberry!!! s xx ❤️
And here with you every minute. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-19-2020, 10:03 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
7- 45 everyone sat outside drinking . I'm sat in my bedroom eating all the kids Easter chocolate . 2 hours left
You’re doing great - proud of you
Old 04-19-2020, 10:38 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey Dig. Surely she knows? How could she not notice? I think she is just waiting for you to say something. Of course, people who don't have a problem with alcohol are the last to notice other people's drinking. I'm curious to know her reaction.
I've almost decided that getting a short term rental wouldn't work. Lots of issues surrounding that. I'm going to focus instead on making sure the house is as sanitized as possible. Also, I'm working on getting it ready to sell.
I hope all is well, Strawberry! We are all pulling for you.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I really think as Dee said Karen ~ your house, your rules. No friends over at all until this is over. s Glad you are staying there. Your grandson would miss you terribly. xxx

I feel that Mrs dig has definitely noticed and is just happy because dig is happy. Why would you bring up: so, I noticed you stopped drinking and everything is wonderful. Explain yourself. He he he.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

First time apart from being pregant that I'm going to bed sobor at Easter Sunday . I'm inside . I'm on the sofa with the kids and I'm safe ! Thank you everyone ! I'm passing the sobor torch to the uk and Scotland xxx