Notices

Class of April 2020 Part Two

Old 04-16-2020, 09:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Red - remember what Karen said? You don’t want to drink you just want to change the way that you feel. That is so true and drinking is but a temporary thing that a) you won’t even enjoy when you sip it as you’ll feel so guilty b) you will ‘feel’ even worse tomorrow.

Do

Not

Buy

Wine
Old 04-16-2020, 09:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I
WILL
NOT
BUY
WINE!!!!

Thanks JT and Dee. I don't think I will fall into the trap now that I've posted.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith in you Red

D
Old 04-16-2020, 11:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry havent been on this post for a few days x

hey another NE Scotland person here! shezy im in NE also x

i went back to work yesterday morning, however i am doing this afo and evening for today for 2 weeks after then be back to normal. was good to get back to work.

good to see everyone is still here xx

try to get back later x have good day if u all can x
Old 04-17-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

So I made it home without wine, so grateful.
My shopping experience however wasn't the nicest.
I haven't done the groceries for 2.5weeks, partner did them last time and doesn't wanna do them again lol
I don't have to line up as I work at the hospital but otherwise its a bit of line and it took him 3 hours to get home lol
I love doing the grocery shopping, it's normally my Sunday afternoon thing, I've always found it therapeutic but not now, it's stressful and just feels plain strange. We can't take our own bags in anymore and we have to pack groceries back into the trolley and then put them in bags at your car. The whole counter is covered in perspex.
It's such a bizarre time we are living in.
But today I'm sober and for that I'm grateful. Each day sober is another day to use for a reference on how I got through a day without booze, today it was because I posted here 1st and even the support from 1 person saying that they believe in you can be so powerful. So Thx April buddies..
Old 04-17-2020, 02:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
I had to venture out for groceries and a curbside pickup for furnace filters. The curbside pickup took me past a liquor store that I used to frequent. I did not go in. I didn't even contemplate it. But I had a very weird urge (probably the AV) to at least look at the place and when I did I felt a horrible sense of shame and guilt. I used my coping mechanism for getting through it and curbside pickup went well as it served as a good distraction part of my coping mechanism. On the way out I stomped out my AV by giving the liquor store the finger (below window level) and smiling happily. The craving passed, but I'm sitting home now replaying that feeling of shame and guilt and I'm just frustrated by that part of it for some reason.

*rant over*
Yea I would say it was your AV trying to weasle its way in, if you at least look then it can start somewhere in your mind with its insidiousness.

I love the defiance you gave the shop/AV with the fingers.
Shame and guilt seems to be a constant thing us alcoholics deal with, a feeling that can make a lot of us turn back to the drink.. I hope you can get past that feeling.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm here I'm hungover an I'm strong . Today is my daughters 7 th birthday . No party . Just a hungover mother . That feels horrible .
Old 04-17-2020, 03:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll feel a little better through the day strawberry

D
Old 04-17-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi all,

How's everybody doing?
Old 04-17-2020, 04:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in. I'm pleased I'm sober during these troubled times and don't have to worry about what to buy and how much and will they let me buy bulk and then being hungover, anxious and depressed, unable to eat, unable to function, for days, with a tidal wave of stress coming at me from work.. :P

Nothing is improved by drinking.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hello dear b0glerd s xx ❤️
Old 04-17-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hello dear someday.....doing fine here.....my only challenge is the virus though.....isn't that a crazy phrase to utter? s ❤️

So glad you didn't buy wine dearest Red. s ❤️

Strawberry honey.....I wonder if you can order some things online....even some flowers for your sweet girl.....I noticed that here they are advertising same day delivery all over the place.....or are you allowed to go for a walk and pick some?

You could make her a little bouquet, and make a no. 7 cake.....just the number, with some little decorations on top? I bet she will be thrilled. And you can drink water and the hangover will be easier to deal with because you will be busy.....

Just my thoughts. And Happy Birthday to your daughter. s xx ❤️

And thank God your dog is OK dear Tony. s ❤️

And hello dear Erratic and all of you. s ❤️

Old 04-17-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
I'm here I'm hungover an I'm strong . Today is my daughters 7 th birthday . No party . Just a hungover mother . That feels horrible .
You might be hungover but your daughter looks pretty happy hun, so just because you drank last night doesn't mean you're a crap mum.
Big hugs.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Strawberry, my heart goes out to you. Day one can be so hard, and having your daughter's birthday happening at the same time would make it extra tough. I'm sending hugs and prayers for both of you. Have you dumped out all the booze?
Red, I'm glad you got home without the wine!
JT, so sorry they got your money. I think it's so unfair that travel industry people are getting bailouts and not using it to pay back customers. There should be some recourse. It's happening to so many people, maybe if they all get together and make a big fuss about it, something will be done. I'm glad you're staying sober and not completely devastated by the loss, though.
It makes me think of something the pastor of a church I use to attend would tell us. If you have a problem with your car, or your house, or something like that, remember that it's a rich person's problem. Poor people don't have cars and houses to worry about. Be grateful, he would say. It didn't solve the problem, but it helped to put it in perspective.
I'm so glad you're dog didn't get hurt!
Day 11 and ready to tackle another day.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Just drank a naggin of vodka (in an alleyway while smoking cigarettes - I'm classy like that)

Didn't even enjoy it. So starting off on day 0 again. These last few days of relapse weren't as bad as a normal relapse. I didn't drink as much as a I normally do when I relapse. So some improvement.

I spoke with my psychiatrist yesterday. He's going to get the nurse to take my bloods when I'm getting my next anti psychotic injection and then he's going to discuss Antabuse. But he wants me to be sober until then.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you drank FF - I hope that you can stay sober until you can see the nurse.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

My daughter had a wonderful birthday ! How I managed it ....,,.. It's 6pm now and it's tick tick tick tick until bed ! Will report back when I'm in bed
Old 04-17-2020, 08:41 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
hey another NE Scotland person here! shezy im in NE also x
Hi Erratic.....good to see someone else from NE Scotland on. Hope you're doing ok.

Friday evenings are the hardest ….. (everyday is hard) but Friday seems worse than any other day …… NO WINE THIS EVENING...…
It's a lovely evening here - going to head for a walk instead.
xxxx
Old 04-17-2020, 09:46 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi, checking in on day 6. Went back to work yesterday as I am essential but I will only be working on an on-call basis. It was hard going back as I had a bad relapse and am still very foggy. But I made it through. I have a lot of chores to do at home that I am struggling with completing and also need to get out and buy things that I can’t get online or at least not anytime soon. Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat.
Hang in there and don’t drink!
Glad you made it back right away Strawberry! I’m proud of you.
And good job Red.
Stay with us Freedom.
Have a good day or night everyone! Thanks for your support!
xoxox
Old 04-17-2020, 09:48 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I
WILL
NOT
BUY
WINE!!!!

Thanks JT and Dee. I don't think I will fall into the trap now that I've posted.
You can totally do this! I believe in you too!!!

Remember why you're doing this... distract yourself with the task at hand (ie. getting groceries - maybe try to find something you've never tried before)... challenge that AV and tell it to take a seat... ride the wave home and out of the craving!!! You'll be out of the grocery store and on your way home before you even realize you're just taken a ride on the wave out of a predicament

Hugs!