D
Old 04-15-2020, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Lulu

D
Old 04-15-2020, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome all our new groupies let's stick close together !
Old 04-16-2020, 12:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, checking in for day 1. Already many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. An active thread this, I see. Nice

Been struggling with drinking for many years. Started my drinking around 2007/2008, at age 20. I am 32 right now, and the last 6 years my drinking is not fun anymore. It's binge drinking.

Had 4 months and 3 weeks last year, was posting here at this forum actively, but slipped April 23 2019. And I have been drinking on and off since. Had 80 days tho between December 31 2019 and the 22nd (?) of March this year, and slipped again.

Wanted to say the same thing JustTony said in the first part of this thread, this corona lockdown shizzle makes boredom an extreme part of our lives, and than it's easy to go to drinking.

Is boredom my main struggle? Maybe an interesting thing to research for myself while posting with you guys and girls over here.

Take care.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I still don't have enough hours in the day LOL

I do SR, I reach out to others on line, I help my neighbours where I can, check on my loved ones daily, I try to fit a little music in there too and a little reading, a little writing, add in the non fun stuff housework and it's a pretty full day.

D
Old 04-16-2020, 01:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I do SR, I reach out to others on line, I help my neighbours where I can, check on my loved ones daily, I try to fit a little music in there too and a little reading, a little writing, add in the non fun stuff housework and it's a pretty full day.

D
What you do on SR alone is enough to fill a whole day! I don't know how you do it Dee..
Old 04-16-2020, 02:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well today I very nearly didn't make it home without a bottle of wine. Everything was fine at work, no thoughts of drinking and then left field out of nowhere bam! A drink will be fine, only 1, you don't have to tell your classmates on SR, just do it. Thank gosh I managed to talk myself out of it, I had to remind myself where it could lead too by the weekend if I bought that wine.

Very happy to be going to bed sober at the end of day 4.

Hope everyone else is doing well..

Kia Kaha
Old 04-16-2020, 02:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Everything was fine at work, no thoughts of drinking and then left field out of nowhere bam! A drink will be fine, only 1, you don't have to tell your classmates on SR, just do it.
Been there with my AV so many times.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very glad you talked yourself out of it Red

D
Old 04-16-2020, 04:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulation making it through that, Red. Going home from work was always my toughest time. It was the transition from work to home, and being hungry and tired and thirsty. Wanting that time of releasing all the stress of the day. I had to really plan for it. I'm so glad we didn't lose you!
I'm glad you're here Chopstick. I love that this thread is so active, too. I have a lot to keep me busy, but I still get bored sometimes. I have a 'to do' list that never is finished by the end of the day, but sometimes I just feel out of sorts, not wanting to do any of that but not wanting to just sit around, either.
Welcome Lulu, too. I think I said welcome to our other new people in part one. It's great to see our class growing. I hope we hear a lot from all of you.
I love this time of the morning, having coffee and thinking about the day ahead and the house so quiet.
See you all in a while.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Also not finding enough hours in the day here.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi from the NE of Scotland.
How's everyone doing ?
I'm on day 3 here, so very glad to be on day 3 …. and to be back in the group ….
I'm going to spend a joyous afternoon ironing ….. not that any of us are in desperate need for clothes (as we've no where to go lol) - but I can't fit anymore ironing in the cupboard …..
Old 04-16-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I cheat. I put all the shirts and jeans and things in the dryer for 10 mins with a drying sheet, then hang them all on the clotheshorses. And voila....no ironing needed. Well, not unless my husband was going to a fancy business meeting, which he is not right now.

Go you dear Shenzy.....day 3 is awesome and have fun ironing....he he. s xx ❤️
Old 04-16-2020, 04:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Joining the April class. Had a slight relapse last night, this morning
Old 04-16-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome FF
Old 04-16-2020, 05:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear that FF but welcome aboard.

What happened?
D
Old 04-16-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cheers for the update, Dee- onward!
Old 04-16-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm sending a hug and a prayer, Freedom. I'm glad you're here and came right back.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Welcome all our new groupies let's stick close together !
What Strawberry said ^^^

We gained a handful of newcomers the last few days. Welcome to each of you and don't hesitate at all to let us know how you're doing, if you have something on your mind or if you have any thoughts on others posts.

We're all here together. To lean on each other. To help each other
Old 04-16-2020, 10:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChopStickCheese View Post
Hi everybody, checking in for day 1. Already many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. An active thread this, I see. Nice

Been struggling with drinking for many years. Started my drinking around 2007/2008, at age 20. I am 32 right now, and the last 6 years my drinking is not fun anymore. It's binge drinking.

Had 4 months and 3 weeks last year, was posting here at this forum actively, but slipped April 23 2019. And I have been drinking on and off since. Had 80 days tho between December 31 2019 and the 22nd (?) of March this year, and slipped again.

Wanted to say the same thing JustTony said in the first part of this thread, this corona lockdown shizzle makes boredom an extreme part of our lives, and than it's easy to go to drinking.

Is boredom my main struggle? Maybe an interesting thing to research for myself while posting with you guys and girls over here.

Take care.
My biggest fear is slipping. I'm on Day #19. My previous two attempts failed miserably. This time I have a plan. I have a team I'm assembling (eg. journaling, SR, friends and family, etc.) albeit slowly at the moment due to the pandemic. That should be no excuse however in terms of building up a strong and winning team for myself. This decision is also mine to own and I get that. But having support is huge.

And boredom... my goodness... all the free time this has given me is hurting my brain. I feel like I have no interests. I know I do. The want and the pushing feeling to do them again is yet to return. I do things, but I get there slowly or without thinking. It's as if I stumble into doing something that doesn't involve drinking, which is better than falling into a liquor store and falling back into bad habits.

Keep us posted on the both the no drinking and the boredom conundrum!!! We can do this together. We will find a way, or make one.