Notices

Class of April 2020 Part Two

Old 04-20-2020, 03:55 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Love it Dee
Old 04-20-2020, 04:25 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
No its never too late and better late than never... But I like to think we are exactly where we are supposed to be.
Congrats on day 18, its no small feat..
I love this.
And I feel the same way.

And hello sweetheart. s xx ❤️

And from someone on the other side of the world, where I live anyway, we come out of this stage as well in 11 days. But it won't change much for me....my husband will be working from home for at least another month. But with good weather, I can do lots of walking.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:27 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
no, its never too late ee
I'm sorry about your friend Reid.

D

I am too, Dee I actually rang the CEO of my old Treatment Centre for a chat about the whole thing. She said I did well with what I could do and was right to step back. I'm not a counselor/interventionist and I'm only a year sober (May).

I did my best to show my friend compassion and not to talk down to him (would have riled me up if it happened to me) but I need to protect myself too and not get too involved. I have passed on details to him who can really help him, if he wants! I just get a feeling he's not ready just yet though I hope I'm wrong.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:29 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I love this.
And I feel the same way.

And hello sweetheart. s xx ❤️

And from someone on the other side of the world, where I live anyway, we come out of this stage as well in 11 days. But it won't change much for me....my husband will be working from home for at least another month. But with good weather, I can do lots of walking.
Morning! You're up early!
Old 04-20-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

It's 7.30 love.
And good afternoon to you...I think.

And I was thinking about your friend and that situation.
If he calls you again, you could tell him it is totally unfair of him to ask you to get him booze. He can get a taxi or a Lyft....they are still operating. Just with masks I guess. What a cheek he has. s xx ❤️
Old 04-20-2020, 04:37 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I forgot to add he apologized at the end for asking me. I'm sure he wasn't thinking straight at the time when he asked me initially, I know the panic when the withdrawals are setting in
Old 04-20-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Yea, it's just gone past 12:30 pm here now. Nice day out weather wise.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Congrats on 20 days, Tony! I'm on 14 days. Two weeks. I'm feeling a bit stronger and healthier each day, too.
Wonderful to see all the posting here today. Freedom, I love your plan for seeing the doctor and maybe starting antabuse. It would be so great to see you go back to school in the fall with some time behind you, feeling well and stronger. I know you would love that, too.
Reid, that is such a tough situation. I hope this guy gets help, but you are not a treatment center. I feel bad for his family. This would be a bad time to have to find a new home for yourself and your children.
Chopstick, hugs to you. Your words weren't worthless at all, it was your sober self peaking through and trying to catch hold. Just don't give up! It's common for it to take more than one try. Give yourself lots of love and self care and just don't drink today.
Tony, you're making some big decisions. I'm in a similar situation. I've loved my job (senior living activity director) but I think I need to find another type of work now. It's exciting but scary, too. We're lucky to have options, though.
I hope all of us stay sober and have a wonderful day today.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Well done on 2 weeks, Sober369!
Old 04-20-2020, 09:48 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I feel miserable and lonely. I'm not sure I can take much more of this sleep, eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep, eat, train cycle.

I'm going mad.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:03 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Tony love, change it up. There is no need to do the same thing every day. s

Pandemic or not, you don't have your business now, so what would you be doing if this was any other Monday? Maybe lining up a new job, or cooking dinner, or I am not sure who is in the house....but your dog and wife yes?
Is your wife not communicating with you much? s xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-20-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

What's happening dear Tony? Talk to us. xxx s
Old 04-20-2020, 10:39 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
April has to be my month. I'm returning to college 21 weeks from today and I need to make it work this time. I need to get sober, lose weight and prepare for my studies. I don't have time to **** around anymore. It's now or never.

Currently on day 3. Feeling ok.

Going to start Antabuse when I next see my psychiatrist.
FF / I know we don't give medical advice on here, but what I want to tell you isn't medical advice so much as it is a heads up that there are other options for meds you might want to ask him/her about.

So, from my experience at the Rapid Access Addictions Medical Clinic the first time around was that the doctor and psychiatrist both recommended trying Naltrexone first, Gabapentin second, Acamprosate third (apparently you need three days sober for it to have a really good shot at working for a person) and finally Antabuse was "pitched" as being their last ditch preference.

I tried the first three, but as I've mentioned I just wasn't into changing at all and I was just going through motions to make it look like I was. And of course, the meds can be very helpful but they alone won't resolve the problem. It's just a part of "my team" as I like to say.

Keep us posted. Hope your appointment goes well.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:52 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
I am too, Dee I actually rang the CEO of my old Treatment Centre for a chat about the whole thing. She said I did well with what I could do and was right to step back. I'm not a counselor/interventionist and I'm only a year sober (May).

I did my best to show my friend compassion and not to talk down to him (would have riled me up if it happened to me) but I need to protect myself too and not get too involved. I have passed on details to him who can really help him, if he wants! I just get a feeling he's not ready just yet though I hope I'm wrong.
Reid / First off, I really do hope your friend realizes he wants help and reaches out to get it. Second, I think you've handled the situation very well and I agree there's no much more you can do. Finally, congrats on your one year of sobriety! Wow. I didn't know that you were a year into this wonderful and rewarding journey!
Old 04-20-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hi All, just checking in as I relapsed last night. I am here for the long haul again as I cannot afford to go back to drinking.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:02 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RippingLegos05 View Post
Hi All, just checking in as I relapsed last night. I am here for the long haul again as I cannot afford to go back to drinking.
RippingLegos / Many of us have tried to get started on stopping drinking and have experienced setbacks. The best thing you can do is to start back at it right away. Stopping in here to touch base with us shows to me that you're ready to get started again!!! So, keep us posted, stay motivated and positive. Try try try again
Old 04-20-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Free.

Heading out for a walk. Need to clear my head a bit.
There is a nice path along the river here.

Hopefully, JT, you are up to something similar.

Be well everyone !
Old 04-20-2020, 11:26 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Welcome Ripping! Congrats on making it here. I hope your day one goes great.
Tony, I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. I've been there, too. It isn't that there's nothing to do, just too alone and nothing I really want to do sometimes.
I'm doing okay today, working on sorting papers. I can be a hoarder of papers.
I'm throwing away so much.
I agree with Venus, Tony. You can change things up big time. Think of something you would have loved to do but have been too busy and do that, maybe? The lonely part is hard, I know. Maybe get with your wife and look at old photos together? I'm sorry, that may not be a lot of help, but I am thinking of you and sending positive vibes.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
Reid / First off, I really do hope your friend realizes he wants help and reaches out to get it. Second, I think you've handled the situation very well and I agree there's no much more you can do. Finally, congrats on your one year of sobriety! Wow. I didn't know that you were a year into this wonderful and rewarding journey!
Thanks for the nice words. Yes, I hope he does get the correct help he needs. Yes, the countdown is on to the year now!(May 10th) Can't believe it really.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:39 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hello, I'm here again. Day 1. Have run out of all my excuses to make this decision and am back. I've decided im sick and tired of being sick and tired.