Notices

Class of April 2020 Part Two

Old 04-28-2020, 05:21 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

no wrist slap intended at all by me, sodasoba - tbh I thought it was Dig who said it lol
Congrats Splash

Is euphoric recall the phrase you're looking for Karen?
D
Old 04-28-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Bwca

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Stick around, nothing is worth losing days, months, years to black out alcoholism.. I had 2 weeks then drank last Friday and was in bed ill for 2 days. We just have to keep believing we can do this and we will eventually..
I'm going to eat there with you I did great and relapsed and now I'm back sober a lot better waking up a little more clear-headed then shaking off a hangover most the day I'm committed to my sobriety
Old 04-28-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

No issue.....we've all been through enough with the drinking life to know sobriety isn't something to be treated lightly.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:16 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bwca View Post
I'm going to eat there with you I did great and relapsed and now I'm back sober a lot better waking up a little more clear-headed then shaking off a hangover most the day I'm committed to my sobriety

With you every step dear Bwca. s
We keep doing this....together. s xxx

No wrist slap meant by me either dear Soda....more a discussion about the word, and why people feel that way. 'Novelty' for me implies something fleeting....a feeling brought on by something that wears off.....and sobriety is the complete opposite of that for me.....the building of a genuine life and continuing to live that way. s xx
Old 04-28-2020, 06:31 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back bwca
D
Old 04-28-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I love these kinds of discussions. "Euphoric Recall" is not the word the guy who wrote the book I mentioned used, Dee, but it sounds right. It's like when I sit on my porch in the evening and think I remember how wonderful it was to have a beer while I sat there, but the reality is the beer wasn't the good part, it was the part that made me sick. The sounds of nature, relaxing and enjoying my yard and dog were the good part, and that doesn't require alcohol.
I never did get around to looking it up, and now I'm really tired and headed for sleep.Welcome bcwa, I hope we hear a lot from you.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:26 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I always try and remember that it was only ever the first 3 or 4 beers that were enjoyable. After that, it just went downhill fast. By 6, you were just drunk and craving more to simply avoid the withdrawals. No pleasure in it.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:37 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
welcome to new people on here x
i am with u splash, i got 6 days in and then bang i ended up picking up, i am on day 3 again today. I am trying to get in as many alcohol free days as i can.
so here is my pledge not to pick up day 3 x
hope u all have a good day, love to see people talking and keep on trying or doing x
Old 04-29-2020, 12:14 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Just had a chat with hub, he has given me an idea how i can achieve in keeping more alcohol days to nil. he started first to say, from 1st of may he is going to keep all my alcohol bottles and put money under each one to show me how much i am spending so i can see for myself what i am spending. I suggested that i make a plan which i put up on door like a calendar and pin the money i havent spent on the days i didnt pick up, i think that will be more productive and spur me on more as i saved money when i gave up alcohol and cigs for a year in 2008. Also if i do and i hope not is that yes is to keep the alcohol bottle so it reminds me of what money i lost and also hold me accountable on picking up and it shows me a negative than not caring, thats if u understand what i mean? so i think i am defo up for this challenge, as he himself has been taking himself out for a long walk in the early evening so he doesnt pick up, so if he can do it, so can i.
so there it is, just wanted to voice my thoughts on this x
Old 04-29-2020, 01:47 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good idea to me erratic.
D
Old 04-29-2020, 02:56 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html
D