Notices

Class of April 2020 Part Two

Old 04-21-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Morning my dear! You are an early riser
Old 04-21-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I hope your walk does you a lot of good, Tony. I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. I disagree that you are a **** up, though. I think you have a drinking problem, but are working on getting over it. So many people never even try. I think we, including those of us who have relapsed repeatedly, are the winners. I'm sending you lots of love and hugs and hoping you come back from your walk downright enlightened!
Dee, I loved your post. I know it was meant for Tony, but it applies to all of us and helps me a lot. Thanks!
Freedom, good for you getting right back to your plan. That does seem like an awfully full day, I hope you aren't overdoing it. But, it's wonderful to see you making a plan and going on with it in spite of your drinking this morning. I hope you've dumped the rest of the booze.
Chopstick, Bogler and Sulfur (I hope you guys don't mind nicknames, I can't remember all the spellings and such), Congrats on day 2! The first few days can be hard and are so important. Hang in there and please let us know how you're doing!
I missed seeing Red's hat, was it posted somewhere?
My goal today is to keep getting organized and do a few of the things I've been putting off. I'm still working on my health and keep forgetting to do some of the important things that should help me get well, and I think if I get more organized it will be easier.
Hugs to all of you. If you feel alone today, please know we are with you and hoping to hear from you.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I just messaged Red and asked to see the hat....and I was thinking how on earth did I miss that? So I am very glad you said that Karen love. s

I also loved Dee's post
Old 04-21-2020, 06:54 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I've been outside with Orin and the dogs this morning. It's so beautiful out there. So much I need to do to the yard! I'm grateful to have the time to do it.
I'm going to work on getting some of this other stuff done, though. One of the things on my sobriety plan is to keep stress to a minimum. Having tasks hanging over me doesn't help with that at all.
I hope you are all staying well and safe.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I have to go tomorrow to the town of the Island tomorrow to go to the bank , first time I have left my area since lockdown started on 11th March . Anxiety is kicking in , the AV reminds me it's the place to stock up tomorrow , do it while you can .
I have to go alone.
I will not buy wine I will not buy smokes.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:24 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

We will go with you honey. s xx ❤️
Old 04-21-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Can you eat a big lunch before you leave and then have a podcast ready to listen to on the drive? Also take me and Venus, we want to go!
I have ordered food for pickup! My first time. Also ordered some garden stuff.
I know you guys must think SR is all I do, but I'm actually having a fairly productive day, just stopping to check in here often. I don't want to get into the 'funk' I got into yesterday, and it helps a lot to keep checking in here. Lots of amazing reads on this site. So many people struggling, but so many overcoming, too.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm thinking of each of you and sending positive vibes.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:40 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

im still here and did my pledge not to drink, day 3

ended up yesterday doing heap of gardening yesterday, today how ever i have sat on my bum all day and have been reading. my legs are bit stiff from the work out i gave myself yesterday lol

good that u didnt disapear tony x
strawberry good luck tomo hun x

anyway just thought would catch up a little here, think i will go back to my book x have good evening or what ever time ur on x
Old 04-21-2020, 09:14 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Free.

JustTony:
Hey, I’m sorry that you’re hurting right now. I know, sometimes this thing we do seems impossible. That is no lie.
Many times I fantasized about just letting this disease take me.....................

Recovery CAN be had. So many loving, live, souls are an example of this.
I’m not sure how that is done.....maybe it is not a destination, but a commitment for the here and now.

I truly do care about you, Tony.

Keep us informed.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:09 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Congrats on day three Erratic! I am a gardening lover, too. Also, a reader and napper.
Tony, hang in there! I'm so glad you came back right away and didn't disappear.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:54 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
What is a RAAMs appt?
Acronym for "Rapid Addictions Access Medicine" Clinic - they exist throughout many North American cities now I believe as a branch or arm of any given hospital network.

People can refer themselves, or a doctor can, and you gain quick access to the help you need as it relates to medical care for addictions. My local clinic even has five de-tox beds for people seeking immediate (not emergency) access to a medically supervised de-tox. Then they help guide you through treatment options, facilitate any medical tests and screenings, etc.

I've never looked into it but it's an approach that is evolving and well-supported and lobbied for in the field of treating those with addictions.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

JT / i'll keep it short (if i can) - thank you for coming right back here and thank you for being honest with yourself and with us on here at SR. i could literally feel your feelings and thoughts jumping off the computer screen at me. you are always genuine and honest and to the point. i expect your walk to have been productive, but i really hope one thing that comes of it is remaining with us and deciding to keep trying and trying and trying. it is worth every ounce of effort you have. thinking of you and sending you the most positive of vibes.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Gosh, I just had the worst craving. Hit me out of nowhere, it seemed. I cleaned off my front porch, which is where I use to sit and drink a lot. It looked really nice when I was done, and I just suddenly wanted to sit there and drink. I am eating a PB&J, drinking tea and feeling shaken but better.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Wow, that place sounds wonderful Dig. What country are you in if you don't mind me asking?
How did it go? Did you get set up for good help?
Old 04-21-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

(((Karen))) s xx ❤️
Old 04-21-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, I needed a hug! I hope you're doing better, too. Hugs and love to you!
Old 04-21-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Gosh, I just had the worst craving. Hit me out of nowhere, it seemed. I cleaned off my front porch, which is where I use to sit and drink a lot. It looked really nice when I was done, and I just suddenly wanted to sit there and drink. I am eating a PB&J, drinking tea and feeling shaken but better.
Keep busy and it will pass. Think of how awful you will feel tomorrow and back to day 1 too!!
Old 04-21-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I'm much better now. I'm glad there wasn't any here, I think I might have drank it. It didn't last long, but it was really strong. I've lucked out so far, that was the worst I've had yet. Day 15 and going strong.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Good job on 15 days
Old 04-21-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

.......sneakin' in the back door....quietly taking a seat at the back of the class. Late. Again.
Been in too many of these, so have held off this time until I had at least a week sober. Day 8 today.
Done the usual detox....takes me about 4 days. Four days of tired, listlessness, shallow sleep, night sweats.
Have been reading along here. Actually I've been reading along every class this year without being able to get it together to actually sign on up to this point. Virus isolation really has been make or break.....it could be a licence to all day drink or the perfect moment to try and get off it.
I recognise a few of the names here.......I have been here before under a different account name, it seems an active and committed group......so, when the roll is called, this time I'll put my hand up.
later.....