Notices

Class of April 2020 Part Two

Old 04-22-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Going to bed, don't have much to say really, suffering some cognitive dissonance and trying to figure it out, not to do with drinking as I defo know what that dissonance is about.

Karen and Suze - my hat was on Facebook so you didn't miss a pic of it and although I've posted my picture here at Xmas when our beautiful friend died I'm not ready to post it here yet. If you want to see I can post the picture privately or I can send you my Facebook link privately and you can see or add me, more than happy for either.. I trust you both..

Goodnight my April friends..
Much Love
Nicola
Old 04-22-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Home . Safe . With cake .

Red .... Well said ... You nailed it!
Tony .... Get your arse back .
Yay Strawberry.....so happy.

And Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy. s xxxxxxxxx ❤️
Old 04-22-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I will PM my FB address love....I don't really use it except for Messenger, but I do like to look at pics of Delilah's kids.....so I pop on sometimes.

Hope you have a good sleep and those thoughts settle. s xx ❤️
Goodnight lovely Nicola. s xx

PS. That Christmas hat and pic will be forever planted in my brain....totally awesome. xxxx
Old 04-22-2020, 03:47 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wasn't meant to upset you Suze - the penguins will be there when one day you come back for a visit

Only been to Phillip Island once 40 years ago but it was a very special place - I think you were lucky to have spent so much time there

Hope everyone had a good day - sleep well Red
D
Old 04-22-2020, 03:53 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I agree, Awesome post Red. So sad to see no note from Tony this morning. I actually woke up this morning thinking about him and hoping he had made a comeback. I hope he's doing okay.
This class has become very important to me. I think of all of you and pray for you every day.
Strawberry, I believe in you, too! Happy birthday to your son. Having a sober mom is a huge gift for any child.
I love the penguins, Dee.
Sodasober, congratulations on day 8. You have a good idea of what will get to you later, the same old boring routine. But you have lots of time to prepare for that. Maybe find something you love to add to your sober life? I've heard lots of long term sober people say that one of the main things that keeps them sober is making a sober life that they love, that is much better than the drinking life they left behind.
I want to do that, too.
I got up early this morning so I would have this quiet time before my grandson and the dogs start wanting attention. I love this time of morning so much.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:53 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I was indeed lucky.

And honestly, I am just crying at the drop of a hat. I wake up distressed and have to right myself at the moment. I think if I came back to Melbourne I would never leave again. s xx
Old 04-22-2020, 03:58 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, Venus. I'm so sorry you're feeling sad and homesick. I'm thinking of you and sending powerful positive vibes and lots of love.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:00 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Yeah I am a bit of a mess hey?
Thank you honey. xx
And I ordinarily love this time of morning too....I always have, but now as for all of us (pretty much) I love the quiet time that is all mine.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:07 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Checking in. Miserable.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

(((Tony))) ❤️

The answer is to stop drinking.....like now. s
I wish you could read some of your posts and see that man.....the opposite of miserable.

This is hard love, and every time we pick up it can be harder to stop. But sober is the answer to a happy life....for all of us.

We are all here for you 100%. s ❤️
Old 04-22-2020, 04:20 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sodasoba View Post
.......sneakin' in the back door....quietly taking a seat at the back of the class. Late. Again.
Been in too many of these, so have held off this time until I had at least a week sober. Day 8 today.
Done the usual detox....takes me about 4 days. Four days of tired, listlessness, shallow sleep, night sweats.
Have been reading along here. Actually I've been reading along every class this year without being able to get it together to actually sign on up to this point. Virus isolation really has been make or break.....it could be a licence to all day drink or the perfect moment to try and get off it.
I recognise a few of the names here.......I have been here before under a different account name, it seems an active and committed group......so, when the roll is called, this time I'll put my hand up.
later.....
well done mate, welcome to the class of April
Old 04-22-2020, 04:23 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
It's 7 am I'm going to head to town now as banks open at 8.
I will not buy wine
I will not buy smokes
I will buy a cake as its my sons 9th birthday .... Cake cake cake .
cake is good.. eat cake
Old 04-22-2020, 04:27 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I hope you are all having a constructive, sober day. Beautiful weather here. Day 20 for me, which is something of an achievement. I'm looking at 100 days for the next target.

Just about a week more of this month until we graduate to May! Strength to all of you on here..

ee
Old 04-22-2020, 04:28 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hi Tony, I'm glad you've checked in...
Old 04-22-2020, 04:31 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

You have a good idea of what will get to you later, the same old boring routine. But you have lots of time to prepare for . Maybe find something you love to add to your sober life? I've heard lots of long term sober people say that one of the main things that keeps them sober is making a sober life that they love, that is much better than the drinking life they left behind.
I want to do that, too.

Thanks Karen, that's kind. There's much that I love doing but drinking stops anything from being done. Drinking just flattens life out to a numbing cycle of consume and recover. Trying to escape it to get to the other life. When in the drinking life it seems impossible to get there. You have to get through that 4 or 5 days of withdrawal .......and sometimes it seems a long way away. There have been many times when I've got to the third day and just drank for relief from feeling like that. So eight days really is getting into the other country for me, but to this point I 'm only visiting.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

More than visiting, you are putting down roots. Getting an apartment. Changing your address at the Post Office.

For me, it is the first 5 days that is incredibly hard, and then getting through the end of that first week sober. And you are on day 8. That is like crossing the San Remo Habour Bridge....you are now in Phillip Island. And it is beautiful. s xx
Old 04-22-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Bravo Tony ! Stay close today X
Old 04-22-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Day 3. I get the craving to go buy alcohol around 10 am, but probably 4 pm is the when the cravings hit the hardest. So much pressure to be productive during these strange times, but if the only productive thing I do is not drink ill be happy.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

This is for Tony, but of course it is for all of us.
SR abcowboy finds an awesome quote every morning in another thread and I make the image. I just wanted to share this one with all of you. s

Old 04-22-2020, 04:55 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SulfuricSplash View Post
Day 3. I get the craving to go buy alcohol around 10 am, but probably 4 pm is the when the cravings hit the hardest. So much pressure to be productive during these strange times, but if the only productive thing I do is not drink ill be happy.
That was my witching hour as well.....4pm.
I really get that. s

I had to change things up...go for a walk in the park or beach around then, or if it was cold, I would put my PJs on as soon as I got home so I couldn't easily run to the store for more wine.

With you all the way today love. s xx