Notices

Class of January 2020 PART 3

Old 02-07-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I think it's whichever way you prefer it love....I think Dee's sobriety date was the last day he drank (I think ) and mine is the first day I was sober.

Anyway, I got it wrong so I can always celebrate you again tomorrow. s

And I had no clue dear jr, being an Aussie. Having said that, I bet Dee knew it.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Allman Brothers? Dang! I even saw them perform at the Cherry Blossom Festival in Macon GA and they probably even did that song with me watching. A friend of mine who still lives in Macon worships the ground they walked on and I think cried when Gregg passed a couple of years ago.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Awwwwww wow Cityboy. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-07-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I made a note in my daily planner on the first day I didn't drink, four weeks ago tomorrow. I think DaisyBelle7 and I first came on SR the same day. I'm definitely going to go back to the AA meeting and get my 30-day chip.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Awesome!!! That 30 day chip means so much. s
Old 02-07-2020, 08:15 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I’m all for celebrating both days!

I dated someone who was obsessed with the Allman Brothers, so I had an unfair advantage with that quiz.

Cityboy, I’m so excited for our 30 day mark! Since I do online AA meetings, I’ve ordered my chips from an online store that I found. I’m keeping them in my closet and haven’t even opened the baggie they came in. Looking forward to hearing how your meeting goes.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

How is everyone doing tonight?
Old 02-07-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
How is everyone doing tonight?
I am doing well! You?

Wife is home for the weekend but feeling under the weather,
I'm gonna cook up a seafood sampler for her, and me of course.

Fresh catfish, shrimp and fried clams. maybe a dinner roll or 2
Old 02-07-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Oh, so lovely that you are cooking for your wife when she is not feeling well. xxx

I am good....excited as I finally found a roasted chicken (organic with n additives) from the supermarket like you can get in Aus.

And "I feel like chicken tonight" .....from the commercial....he he.....making sandwiches with chicken, avocado and lettuce on fresh sourdough. And if Nick wants, with pickles and chips. And Castle Rock perhaps as an accompaniment, feels like nice Friday night stuff. s xxxx
Old 02-07-2020, 03:38 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

My sober day is the day I finished the dregs of the bottle and I made the decision to quit for good - when I got to SR I saw everyone was counting from the first day they got sober but being the contrary type...

D
Old 02-07-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Good morning and Happy Saturday Dee. s xx
Old 02-07-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi!

Hi everyone. Work has been quite stressful and have had a lot going on with mom. Today is the first time in a while I thought about drinking, but I didn’t.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:50 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I looked after my mum full-time for a few years....here for you to talk and just to give you love. s ❤️
Old 02-07-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

sobermafia, I’m glad you chose to stay sober.

fishkiller, that’s so nice of you. I’m sure your wife appreciates it.

venuscat, I remember that commercial! Your dinner sounds delicious.

We’re snowed in so I’m watching mindless reality TV... the drama!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:09 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
I am doing well! You?

Wife is home for the weekend but feeling under the weather,
I'm gonna cook up a seafood sampler for her, and me of course.

Fresh catfish, shrimp and fried clams. maybe a dinner roll or 2

I swear that half the people I have talked to, as well as many on SR, either are or have been sick recently.

I think I fried the last of the fish I had a couple of weeks ago. Good excuse to go fishing, which will be in a couple of months.

Have a great guy I get shrimp from sometimes when I'm over his way and catch him around. He usually has local fresh wild caught jumbos for $6-7 with the head on and they are always great. My kid is getting very good at cleaning them too.

They farm clams near where I go fishing but have just never tried them. They farm oysters also but I don't find the farmed ones to be anywhere near as good as the wild ones.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:51 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it’s Saturday afternoon here.
We’ve been out driving all day, so it’s good to be home and able to relax. I had a huge craving driving past an old country pub but we got an icecream on the way home so no thoughts about drinking now
Old 02-08-2020, 01:33 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Good morning class!
Gonna take it easy today and hang with the wife.
Seriously considering taking a 3.5 hour drive tomorrow to watch a rocket launch that will send supplies to the space station.
It's an unmanned rocket. Simply amazing the technology we have that can send an unmanned rocket into outer space and land on a moving target with such precision.
I have always been fascinated with outer space stuff. I remember as a kid staying up all night laying in the front yard watching meteor showers or the planets aligning. All that nerdy stuff!

Have a great day all!
Old 02-08-2020, 01:53 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night class.

Here in New England it's coming up on 4 a.m. (more like 5 a.m. by the time I hit Submit Reply). Jr thinks his adrenaline has kicked in sufficiently that this is his Saturday morning's beginning, and not just the middle of his Friday night. So that means jr got about 3 hours sleep; well, I am confident regular sleeping hours will eventually return but not quite yet as my Day 38 of sobriety ticks off. Still, gotta say, I am continuing to love love love the lack lack lack of a hangover and over and over again.

A semi-work Saturday ahead:

Meeting of my condominium board of directors a little later (lol this is not a night-owl confo community I live in IRL so the meeting is not for six hours, at 10 a.m.); this afternoon I and others will be helping an 88-year-old friend with serious hoarding issues begin to make a dent in decluttering her home so she can place it on the market this spring. She allowed me to see the inside of her place for the first time earlier this week (we've been friends and colleagues for certain volunteer work since the 1980s, but neither I nor any friends of hers have been allowed inside her condo unit since ca. 1988). Yikes what an extremely debilitating condition this hoarding can be (not to mention fire hazard). Hey anyone in the real estate market? Her place is a stone's throw from Fenway Park, the baseball stadium where the Boston Red Sox play (and where yours truly saw Billy Joel in concert last summer).

On Sunday morning a work meeting, and then later a dinner party at a restaurant to celebrate 3 peeps' birthdays; my mocktail will be raised high to toast the guests of honor.

Next weekend is 3 days in NYC for jr and husband, more on that l8r. Jr might meet his 1st SobeRlandian IRL if the stars are so aligned. Jr hopes so.

I can't mention Billy Joel without hooking y'all up with one of his tunes, I guess I'll go with this hit from, when was it, 1977 or so? Here goes:

Watch "Billy Joel - Uptown Girl (Official Video)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/hCuMWrfXG4E

Little known fact about Billy Joel: He went to (and dropped out of) the same high school that jr graduated from (but B.J. never got to meet jr as (1) the superstar is 3 years older than the nobody* (2) they grew up on opposite ends of their suburban town, and (3) their town's junior high and high schools had about 3000 students each).

​​​​​​* "I'm nobody,
who are you?
Are you nobody too?"

-- Emily Dickinson, American poet, Amherst, Massachusetts, 19th century trancendentalist

Happy Saturday, class.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Nice 2cu up and about so early on this fine Saturday morning, fishkill.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:34 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Good evening and morning classmates.

It was great to read MrWolfie & JR that you are beginning to our new clarity having positive changes in your day to day life also.
DB7 and Cityboy. Super happy for you both to be getting your first 30 day chip.
Fishkiller, that dish sounds awesome. Maybe Cityboy can drop you off some extra shrimp ?
Willow, well done handling that trigger of an ex-favourite pub. You got through it.
Sobermafia, stay strong. We are all in this with you.

Today is always my hardest sobriety day, but I get though it now. Digging into my planned to-do's that help me focus.

Have a safe, sober and wonderful Saturday all

dlb