Notices

Class of January 2020 PART 3

Old 02-05-2020, 04:39 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Yes love....I hear you all the way....if I was you I would copy and print this post and put it in my purse. Right there with the coins so you can feel it and pick it up and read it again.....

This is what makes us champions.
Deciding to say no forever and building the tools to get there. s xx
Old 02-05-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes love....I hear you all the way....if I was you I would copy and print this post and put it in my purse. Right there with the coins so you can feel it and pick it up and read it again.....

This is what makes us champions.
Deciding to say no forever and building the tools to get there. s xx
100% Venuscat. I’ve also read other posts on here that impacted me greatly and regret not printing them. Sure I could fill a book with all the great advice from members like you!
Old 02-05-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

And you....you already gave yourself the best advice. xx s ❤️
Old 02-05-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hi Sober45 and everyone.

Just checking in for the evening, before turning in and hoping for a good sleep. Might be some snow to deal with in the morning, we're on the forecast rain/sleet/snow line so could be "fun" in a slippy slidey kind of way.

Yes, S45, I might get another couple of paragraphs of the Burns book under my belt tonight before sleep overtakes me.

Glad to hear about your successful situation with your daughter. I imagine that as those little (and not so little) victories add up, they will tend to reinforce each other, contributing to a growing sense of mutual trust.

Ok, final dog walkies, then bedtime for jr.

Oh yeah, S45, I was thinking earlier: When we are on our Day 36 tomorrow (less than two hours away in my time zone), we will be more than two-thirds of the way to topping your 53-day sobriety record. It is still one day at a time, and always will be, but every so often it is worth noticing a milestone like getting more than 2/3 of the way towards a specific target.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:48 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just popping in for a quick hello. Had the AV talking to me on the way home again, and it was telling me to get a bottle of wine on the way and that I could could get back on track tomorrow. I didn’t. But I wanted to mention it because last time it started on at me in the second half of last year, it wore me down eventually and I caved in. I don’t want that to happen again. So I need to be vigilant about staying strong and not listening to it’s evil voice trying to tell me it’s ok to drink poison I know it’s not ok, but sometimes it has very convincing arguments about how it’s only a temporary thing to drink. The rational me knows it’s not temporary, it’s addictive and one is never enough, not one glass nor one bottle, so it’s a firm NO from me. One day at a time. I made it safely home today and I will go to bed sober tonight.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:11 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good thinking, Willow. Hope you get a good night's sleep.

I'm feeling under the weather today. Still dizzy, even though my BPPV is gone. Don't like it. Gotta pack now, leaving in a few hours. Not looking forward to a long trip. Oh well. Day 13.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi all.
Super sleepy but very happy to be sitting here without a hangover. I have my weekend to-do's set so feeling more confident over the occasional weekend trials with my AV.

s45, that is such a nice milestone. Being present and fully engaged in a conversation that helped a loved one. I am sure you daughter feels less alone and will be counting your advice again. Building trust back up again, like Jr mentioned.

If there is a better reason for us all to be working so hard on sobriety, I have yet to hear it.

Best of luck with the trip Lixie. Well done Willow for staying on track.

Have a happy, sober and rewarding day all.

dlb
Old 02-06-2020, 03:01 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Good thinking, Willow. Hope you get a good night's sleep.

I'm feeling under the weather today. Still dizzy, even though my BPPV is gone. Don't like it. Gotta pack now, leaving in a few hours. Not looking forward to a long trip. Oh well. Day 13.
Sending lots of love for you to take with as you go to your partner's family....hope the weekend is good dear Lixie. s xx
Old 02-06-2020, 03:32 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sending lots of love for you to take with as you go to your partner's family....hope the weekend is good dear Lixie. s xx
Thanks, Suze. I've never met anyone as supportive and loving as you. You are a treasure, and SR is lucky to have you here.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

That is such a lovely thing to say dear Lixie. Thank you. ❤️❤️
Old 02-06-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Willow, I've been stopping at McDonald's to get a $1 tea on the way home most afternoons and think it has helped.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:45 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Just a quick check in this morning. I'll have to catch back up a bit when the weekend arrives tomorrow afternoon.

For now, working my way through Day 31. Brain fog has lifted a bit since last week so that's good. Still pretty exhausted after a day's work though. Baby steps.

Have a great day.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Sober45 you must be on top of the world right now!! With good reason. Great job!

Good morning to the rest of the class!

Thanks, Suze. I've never met anyone as supportive and loving as you. You are a treasure, and SR is lucky to have you here.
Lixie hit the nail on the head here!
Old 02-06-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Old 02-06-2020, 07:17 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Sober45 you must be on top of the world right now!! With good reason. Great job!
Thanks fishkiller, I'm feeling pretty strong today but TIRED. My 21 year old cat woke me up 4:30 he wasn't feeling well. Before i left the house I took a unexpected stroll through his throw-up in the hallway and he also did his business in my closet! Sorry peeps I know this is GROSS but the trauma is real!!! lol

But still, I feel more alive than I ever did coming to work with a hangover.

Medical tests this afternoon. ugh.

Gonna be having a nice hot meal and some serious chocolate time when the day is done!
Old 02-06-2020, 07:29 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Very well stated! I agree 100%!

Sober45, thank you for sharing about your daughter. I love hearing stories like this. It keeps me strong during difficult times.

jr67, I became addicted to that sleep aid. I know which one you’re talking about because I thought since it had the same ingredients as the B allergy med, it would be safe. I started off taking 2 and ended up eventually needing 8 to sleep. My doctor told me that since I took them regularly, I eventually needed them to sleep and that they can cause permanent memory loss. I now take magnesium glycinate to help me sleep and it works well for me. Not saying any of this to scare anyone. I’m sure moderation is key, but I have problems with that.

Willow68, I’m proud of you! It’s so hard when AV is so convincing.

Lixie, I hope you feel better soon. It’s a miserable time of year with viruses.

A very rough day yesterday. I swear my life is usually relatively normal... been having a rough patch. Very long story that ended up with our puppy needing emergency surgery. She’s only 4 mos old and weighs 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg). According to the surgeon, she ingested something that was the consistency and size of sand. He didn’t have to cut her stomach open. He was able to move the substance down and she will “get it out” today after she eats. He said it was very tiny in size - smaller than regular cat litter. We use crystal and pellet cat litter and he said it was much smaller than that. They will look once she passes it to see what it was.

It’s been a rough 2 weeks with my daughter, my ex friend showing up drunk at our house, our puppy, my mom had cataract surgery, and I’m having surgery on Tues. I have a lot of faith in God. Without Him, I would’ve had a nervous breakdown and been drinking again. A bottle of wine was sounding really good last night. Today will be a good day. God does not promise a lack of suffering. He promises to walk with you and give you peace. - Noelle Garcia
Old 02-06-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Sober45, you have me cracking up with your description!
I can relate. We have 2 cats. You have a trooper of a cat... 21 years old?! Wow! The oldest cat in our family lived to be 18.5.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyBelle7 View Post
Sober45, you have me cracking up with your description!
I can relate. We have 2 cats. You have a trooper of a cat... 21 years old?! Wow! The oldest cat in our family lived to be 18.5.
Yup, He's 3 years older than my daughter who just became an adult which is pretty incredible. I have 3 other cats as well (2, 3 & 7 yrs old). I was the crazy cat lady at work for a long time but we recently hired someone who has 5!

Looking at people's pics I think we have a lot of animal lovers here!
Old 02-06-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Sober45, that’s awesome! Animals have a way of knowing and comforting... without judgement. Our current cats are 7 and 8. I don’t think there’s such a thing as too many cats or pets.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I'm sure things will improve for you soon daisybelle7.

My computer must have eaten something sand like as well because it crashed hard this morning. Waiting to hear back from computer shop if data can be restored. Will be an unbelievably enormous inconvenience if it can't.

I had a customer lady once who had a horse that she said was 40 years old. It was blind and she had it in a special built pen that was round and built so that it couldn't injure itself. She would hand feed it each day.