Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 27

Old 02-12-2020, 02:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

(((((Lofty)))))))
(((((Aussie)))))
Ah heck ... hugs all around!

You know, this site has the BEST emojis. I wish fb had all these!

I had a horrible stomach flu on Sunday ... I can understand the ptsd, Mirage. I was down for the count. It was horrible. Even after it was over, I was exhausted all day Monday and Tuesday, and still haven't gotten my appetite back. I work a long day today, too ... I'll be faking my energy as best as I can. It's hard to stand in front of hundreds of people and be motivating when you're feeling so off. At the same time, it's also a great distraction ... so I guess that's good. Right now I'm just trying to stomach a cup of coffee to build up the energy to shower.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:57 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you're feeling a little better PBC

D
Old 02-16-2020, 03:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
orangutan

I am also off the bus.
I have been struggling for months , first the fires and they went on and on then the storms started and then we flooded the worst we have had in years my village was complexly cut off and water through the village , the river burst its banks , low lying roads were under water and some houses had water through , also some trees fell on houses because it had been so dry for so long with the ground now sodden their root systems could not hold them . It was like it would never stop raining we had already had over 500 mm of rain then a whopping 10 inches fell in one night. I am sick of being scared . I don't cope at the best of times with weather but this has just been too much for too long. I am a total wreck.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry the weathers been tough for you Aussie but I fear we're both going to have to get used to extremes of weather.

Maybe seeing a counsellor orsomething could help you plan some other ways to deal that don't include drinking?

D
Old 02-16-2020, 05:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hope you're back to feeling 100%, PBC. It's a huge fear for me now. I had to have an ambulance finally take me in, I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm a fainter so that adds to the misery for me AND my dh. It scares him when I faint and then I convulsed and that just put him over the edge. lol. Anyway, I feel you.

Oh Aussie, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can find a way to cope without drinking. There's got to be something better for anxiety. Maybe herbal even? Have you ever researched on line about it?

I've had a rough week, too. My dad went into the hospital last Friday and ended up getting a pacemaker put in on Wednesday. My folks are 82 and their memories and sharpness are starting to go. So that, on top of figuring out all this medical stuff was rough. I went to the hospital every day. My mom slept there by him. She doesn't leave his side, they are very dependent on one another. It's sweet and sad at the same time. Anyway, it's been a hard week emotionally. I fear it's downhill from here for them and that's tough. He's home now, I'm going over tomorrow. Taking him his favorite cookies and my mom can run an errand when I'm there.

Take care, Marchers. It's March soon! xo
Old 02-16-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand mirage - dads still pretty sharp but my mum often tells me the same thing over again now.

Glad that your dad is on the mend
D
Old 02-17-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sorry about your Dad Mirage. Looks like we are all in the same boat with ageing parents , my Dads 84 and sharp as a pin , Mums 82 but her memory is failing .
3 days of storms to look forward to here
Dee did you get much of the rain last week.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

we got a fair bit - local flooding but not at my place - on top of a hill.

D
Old 02-18-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi guys, sorry to just pop in....hope you all don't mind. s

I just want to send all of my love to you dear aussie. xx ❤️

I got extremely depressed over the fires.....and I am all the way up here.
I was considering getting counselling. I was having a lot of trouble even going outside for a while, I didn't want to see people. I couldn't smile and I was having awful nightmares.

I can only imagine what it has been like where you live....going through all of this. I am so sorry for you and every Australian who has suffered through all of this.

You have all of our support dear aussie.
So much love my friend. s xxxxx ❤️
Old 02-18-2020, 06:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Haha! I wonder what happens when you pass 999,999. Will it go to a million or start over with zeroes? Talk about being ripped off!
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I suspect 999 999 is the limit.
I'm not aiming for that LOL

D

Awesome......huge smile on my face.... s
Old 02-18-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Venus, glad you chimed in!

Sorry Dee and Aussie, it's tough when your parents age! Very stressful.

Good luck with the storms, aussie. Thinking of you. xx
Old 02-20-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Venus
thanks for dropping by and thanks for the love . I am still drinking but I intend to get sober again soon , in the past I have done well in March
so I think I will make that my goal . Only a few days of summer left .

Mirage , I hope your Dad is doing well.
My Mother and Father both handed in their licences and now have mobility scooters to get around on , it's given them a bit of freedom
( and also me) .

Suze feel free to visit any time we are a small group and visitors are very welcome.

Lofty how are you doing?

Hi Dee.

Love to all.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't wait til March aussie - a lot can happen in 8 days and not always good stuff.

D
Old 02-21-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I hear Dee all the way. s

If that's your goal love, you can be actively in planning stage....and some of the sobriety aps are great....I downloaded one a little while ago so I could start trying them out (for others pretty much )....put the date in now, and it's a commitment. Anyway, just a thought. s ❤️
Old 02-29-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Happy March 1st to the Marchers! Just think, we've been supporting each other for NINE years now. I love that. I miss the friends I don't hear from and I appreciate the friends who do check in. Big hugs to you ALL.

March 1--I know what that means for Aussie. Lofty...March is a GOOD month. Think about it...

All is well here. My college student son is currently driving 24 hours cross country to go camping with 18 friends in the desert for the week. (His spring break week from school.) He's doing some back country hiking and apparently you can't just poop and bury it like you might around here. Out there, it doesn't break down with no good soil, trees, etc. SO...he has to carry it out. Yep, he has to pick it up in a bag, like you would doggy poop, and carry it out with him. lol I think it's funny he considers this a vacation.

I'm excited for March, looking forward to some milder temps and more daylight. Yay! I left my job, Thursday was my last day. I'm fortunate that I'm able to do that. I think my stomach will benefit from less stress, it's where I feel it most. My gut health isn't good and I think taking this step will help. It's a relief for me and it will free me up to travel more as I won't be working Sundays. So I'm happy about that.

Number 2 son is trying to decide where to go to college in the fall. He can't decide so that's a big topic of conversation around here. He's a very good student and has been accepted to 2 honors colleges so that's awesome for him.

Hubby and I are doing very well! Grateful and happy that we've come so far.

K, I guess that's my March 1st update. ha Hope you are all well and that the weather for my Aussies is calming down and cooling off. Love to you guys. xx
Old 02-29-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going well mirage!

Aussie?Lofty? D-day?

D
Old 03-01-2020, 12:35 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in
I'm still drinking , this week is out for getting sober , a close friends father who is also a friend of ours has died and the funeral is Friday. I just don't feel I could commit 100% just now , wakes tend to be boozy events or at least in my circle they do. March is still going to be my goal just not this week.

Mirage I am so pleased things are good between you and your husband I remember those horrible times from the past.
LOL carrying out your poop , who would have thought it wouldn't break down.

Suze and Dee thankyou for looking out for me .

Love to all.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss, Aussie. Hang in there, wishing you well this week. xo
Old 03-01-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sirry for your loss aussie but I really hope you'll reconsider drinking at the wake.

I've been to several wakes now sober.

I was of way more use to the other grievers than if I'd been drinking.

just my 2 cents - I reckon you're stronger and more capable than you're giving yourself credit for right now.

D
Old 03-01-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
orangutan

I don't feel strong or capable but thank you sweet Dee.